Soul Bro

2021-2022 General Game Thread

great win. Liked to see cole's aggressiveness and bamba and wcj meshing well together, plus wagner bros doing their thing

what I didn't like (from the previous game) was getting outcheered in our own arena by knicks fans. this is embarassing to the team. how can you get outcheered in your home stadium? unbelievable

6 hours ago, South_Aussie_Magic said:

Although I am all for taking what can be gotten - provided it is fairly acquired and not exploitative - Kevin Heurter's recent comments were absolutely refreshing. Total antithesis of the Dennis Schroder debacle.

What comments are you referring to?

56 minutes ago, alwaystragic said:

great win. Liked to see cole's aggressiveness and bamba and wcj meshing well together, plus wagner bros doing their thing

what I didn't like (from the previous game) was getting outcheered in our own arena by knicks fans. this is embarassing to the team. how can you get outcheered in your home stadium? unbelievable

I think until we start winning, this will always be the case, particularly for the Northeastern/Midwestern transplant cities of NY, Boston, and Chicago. It's that way for many smaller markets. 

1 hour ago, TreyMachine said:

I think until we start winning, this will always be the case, particularly for the Northeastern/Midwestern transplant cities of NY, Boston, and Chicago. It's that way for many smaller markets. 

This is very true, and unfortunately winning doesn’t even fix it. The Rays, the Bucs and the Lightning are are central Florida championship caliber teams and there’s still games in their house where they stand no chance if it’s against a transplant city fanbase. You’re also right that the fact we haven’t had anything legitimate to cheer for in over a decade makes it worse.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, alwaystragic said:

The outcheering is nothing new, has been going on for years and is not unique to this year.. it’s a byproduct of Orlando and Florida being a melting pot of fans of visiting teams or those that happen to be traveling here at the time.. Magic season ticket holders profit from selling their tix to NY, Boston, Lakers, and even the Heat fans which leads to the outcheering..

I was just able to watch the game from last night. I love how this team was playing for one another and not trying to play hero ball. Suggs and Franz Wagner look like completely different players from their SL and preseason games. Suggs looks so much more under control when he’s running the point and his tenacity on offense and defense is a welcomed sight. I firmly believe the Magic FO resigned Mo Wagner because his energy is so contagious and gets these young fellas motivated and fired up. I also believe it has helped his younger brother Franz become more comfortable on the court while he adjusts to the speed and physicality of the game. You can see him making winning plays on and off the ball and he just looks so much more comfortable out there. If his 3 ball starts to fall with more consistency he is going to be a dangerous weapon for us. If we come out and play with this intensity every night win or lose this team is going to grow before our very eyes. Also shout to to Mo Bamba and Wendell Carter for being able to coexist on the floor together and make a positive impact on both sides of the ball. Wendells individual defense on Randle really stood out to me and makes me think he can play the 4 on a regular basis. Cole Anthony was playing out of his mind but under control the whole game. He was getting his teammates involved and not looking to just score anytime he touched the ball. If he keeps this same mentality going forward and doesn’t settle for I’ll advised shots or drives to the basket we will start to see him have more games like this more often than not. Also TRoss was our savior in the 4th and love how he didn’t force anything and took what the defense gave him. Small sample size but this is the formula if the team wants to continue growing and improving moving forward. 

3 hours ago, zollman said:

The outcheering is nothing new, has been going on for years and is not unique to this year.. it’s a byproduct of Orlando and Florida being a melting pot of fans of visiting teams or those that happen to be traveling here at the time.. Magic season ticket holders profit from selling their tix to NY, Boston, Lakers, and even the Heat fans which leads to the outcheering..

Hopefully it changes some day. I remember the early shaq & penny days when we were talked about being the loudest fan base in the league

I know it was way back, but if we had that fanbase at some point, why can't we have it again?

3 hours ago, zollman said:

also, why this does not happen in miami as well? I don't see them getting "outcheered" as much as we do, and that is another highly touristic city as well

Just watched the game. 

Franz might be my new favourite player.I can't wait for the Franz/Okeke/WCJ frontcourts. Those are going to rule. 

The connection between WCJ and Bamba is unexpected and fun. 3 or 4 times now they've found each other with some slick passes for buckets. 

I wish Bamba would stop chasing every block. Especially when the man defender is going to get a good contest any way. Or when you're leading in the last minute and the coach is literally screaming "don't foul". Happy about his effort overall though. Been much better this season so far. 

For all the negativity I've had about Ross when he gets hot he's the most fun thing about the Magic and that's been the case for like 4 years now. You just feel like he's never going to miss.

Cole had some great reads as a passer this game. I don't know if he just needs to get going as a scorer to open up passing angles for himself but he was much better. 

Mo Wagner is fun. He's never going to be a starter but he's just a fun hustling bench guy who's not unskilled on offense. 

This team could really be great defensively at some point but I do feel like we are scrambling too often and too early in shot clocks because we're being over aggressive on the perimeter.

Well now on a back to back I dont really see us winning vs Miami as much as I want to win this game. If we keep it close I will be happy however unfortunately I think we may lose out puff and get beaten by a decent margin. Upside would be if Suggs has a breakout game this early in the season and gets things flowing.