Soul Bro

2021-2022 General Game Thread

Was it great defense or the Knicks just missing a ton of open 3PT? I wasn't able to watch but it looked like the Knicks just missed A TON of 3PT in the 4th quarter. 

11 minutes ago, JJZFL said:

Yes but also the whole team seemed more in rhythm and the defense was excellent.

And to an extent these are things you can do night in and night out. Everyone will have bad shooting nights at some point (see Franz and Bamba tonight,) but there’s more that factors into team success. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, TreyMachine said:

Was it great defense or the Knicks just missing a ton of open 3PT? I wasn't able to watch but it looked like the Knicks just missed A TON of 3PT in the 4th quarter. 

The closeouts were definitely better, but we got destroyed on the glass. It’s nice to win!

Great “home” game by Cole. I love how he played out for his mom. Meanwhile, guys, the defense of Jalen and Franz is looking world class. Look at Evan’s numbers (Suggs’ assignment) and Barrett’s numbers (Franz’s assignment). I’m so impressed by their poise, especially Franz.

26 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

Great “home” game by Cole. I love how he played out for his mom. Meanwhile, guys, the defense of Jalen and Franz is looking world class. Look at Evan’s numbers (Suggs’ assignment) and Barrett’s numbers (Franz’s assignment). I’m so impressed by their poise, especially Franz.

And I thought Carter really made Randle work for everything 

1 hour ago, JJZFL said:

And I thought Carter really made Randle work for everything 

I think I like him more than most. I think he has a ton of potential and that contract we just signed him for is going to be a steal.

How many millions do these young guys really need anyway?

2 hours ago, A Better DJ & Photographer said:

I think I like him more than most. I think he has a ton of potential and that contract we just signed him for is going to be a steal.

How many millions do these young guys really need anyway?

Although I am all for taking what can be gotten - provided it is fairly acquired and not exploitative - Kevin Heurter's recent comments were absolutely refreshing. Total antithesis of the Dennis Schroder debacle.

8 hours ago, JJZFL said:

Excellent win.  Couldn't agree more.  They really played hard tonight, and I think they saw that's the only way they can play and have a chance.  Great team basketball.

After a couple terrible ones, finally a good sign. Don't obviously pretend to win all the games, but a cohesion between players, and with the coach is strongly needed if we want to start to build something good for the future. A healthy PF is really a must now to have rotations that makes more sense.

Only hope to not hear "Cole is a potential all-star" and "Wagner is going to be rookie of the year" chants if we win another onet! :P