Soul Bro

2021-2022 General Game Thread

One troubling thing that is pretty evident by the eye test and backed pretty heavily by advanced stats:

Terrence Ross is really playing like he doesn’t want to be here. No effort on either side of the ball. On a team this young, it’s critical that the few vets we have set an example. If this continues for Ross he needs to be moved.

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

One troubling thing that is pretty evident by the eye test and backed pretty heavily by advanced stats:

Terrence Ross is really playing like he doesn’t want to be here. No effort on either side of the ball. On a team this young, it’s critical that the few vets we have set an example. If this continues for Ross he needs to be moved.

His defensive energy is awful. Him at the 3 Vs Franz is night and day right now. When you're a vet getting totally outplayed by a rookie it's not a good look. If he wants to get traded that's fine but at least play well enough to attract a decent offer. 

19 minutes ago, J-Mac said:

Scottie Barnes recorded 25 & 13 WTF

Saw that too. I’m not going to doubt how good Suggs is going to be, but I wonder if, based on the small sample size that we’ve seen in the Summer league, preseason, and now regular season, if Scottie Barnes was higher on our board than Jalen Suggs. 

1 hour ago, All Eyes On Me said:

He should have been moved last year. Never a good team player or leader. Adios!

1 hour ago, TreyMachine said:

Saw that too. I’m not going to doubt how good Suggs is going to be, but I wonder if, based on the small sample size that we’ve seen in the Summer league, preseason, and now regular season, if Scottie Barnes was higher on our board than Jalen Suggs. 

I bet he was. Especially when you add in how thin we are at forward compared to guard. 

35 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

I’d really love to know what’s actually wrong with Chuma.

Agree.  And IIRC, one of the issues with Harris at the Bulls, at least in recent years, is that there always seemed to be some minor injury that kept him out of the lineup.  Too early to tell if that will happen here also, of course, but the early signs are not encouraging.

3 hours ago, J-Mac said:

Scottie Barnes recorded 25 & 13 WTF

He might end up as the best player in the draft…

Toronto knew what  they were doing.

2 hours ago, JJZFL said:

Agree.  And IIRC, one of the issues with Harris at the Bulls, at least in recent years, is that there always seemed to be some minor injury that kept him out of the lineup.  Too early to tell if that will happen here also, of course, but the early signs are not encouraging.

1 hour ago, Natesroom said:

Harris played with denver right?

Yeah, GH was a Nugget. He’s still super young for how long it feels like he’s been in the league, but he can’t stay healthy and hasn’t been able to for years. His biggest appeal to us is a $20 million expiring contract.