Soul Bro

2021-2022 General Game Thread

28 minutes ago, jmmagicfan said:

I don't know about anyone else, but I am rooting for the team to play hard and win. I may eventually switch to tanking; but only late in the season if/when we are realistically outside of any hope to make the playoffs. Even then, I root for our guys to play hard and play as a team, and continue to improve as players. 

+1 from me.  

No matter what happens whether we suck or surprise I’ll enjoy watching this young team a hell of a lot more than the team the past 7 years or so. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, FanSinceTmac said:

I'm always rooting for the team. I don't think we need to actively tank. We will just be terrible because of our inexperience. 

There's a difference between being naturally bad (which we probably will be this year) versus fans that are actively mad when we win a game (which has been happening in here every year since Dwight left).

The first one is understandable. The 2nd one is garbage.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Franchise408 said:

There's a difference between being naturally bad (which we probably will be this year) versus fans that are actively mad when we win a game (which has been happening in here every year since Dwight left).

It hasn't been understandable every year, but examples like a couple of extra games under Vogel when we could have had a shot at sure fire prospects like Luka and Trae were highly aggravating. Dallas has lots of problems, but as a fan they're problems I'd like to have.

Editing to add: for me it's when the prospect of getting a game changer is staring you right in the face while at the same time what we were watching was clearly never going anywhere.

For this year: I'm hoping someone breaks out. If noone steps up and we don't have a franchise leader I would hope this FO will not try to build around what amounts to bit players again.

Edited by South_Aussie_Magic

1 hour ago, Franchise408 said:

I agree

Let’s see how the season goes…obviously you want to win at the start…tanking must be considered with about 25-30 games remaining…depending how bad you are, what other teams are doing etc

59 minutes ago, Babir_9 said:

Let’s see how the season goes…obviously you want to win at the start…tanking must be considered with about 25-30 games remaining…depending how bad you are, what other teams are doing etc

Disagree.  Tanking the last third of the season ruins your current players and your whole program

Someday my dream will come true and they will get rid of Jeff Turner.  I can't stand listening to his lukewarm and irrelevant mutterings.  

• Upvote 1