Soul Bro

2021-2022 General Game Thread

Let’s get this party started! If someone feels led to make individual game threads, fantastic. In the meantime, I’m going to make and pin this thread for game interactions. Go Magic!

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Soul Bro said:

Let’s get this party started! If someone feels led to make individual game threads, fantastic. In the meantime, I’m going to make and pin this thread for game interactions. Go Magic!

Very much appreciated 

4 hours ago, Jay Magic said:

Lets get everyone 100 percent healthy and shock the entire world.

Absolutely buzzing for the start of this season!!

Alway love your optimism but don't see any shocking of the world happening. I'm going for a 21-61 record this season.

Hoping for a fast paced playstyle though after being subjected to Cliffords sleep inducing play of the last few years. If the guys are fun to watch and give 100% effort then hopefully that can help stomach all the losses that are about to occur.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, crisby pancakes said:

Alway love your optimism but don't see any shocking of the world happening. I'm going for a 21-61 record this season.

Hoping for a fast paced playstyle though after being subjected to Cliffords sleep inducing play of the last few years. If the guys are fun to watch and give 100% effort then hopefully that can help stomach all the losses that are about to occur.

Amen.  

Magic Injuries: Jalen Suggs - Day-to-Day (Illness), E’Twuan Moore - Out (Knee), Chuma Okeke - Out (Hip), Markelle Fultz - Out (Knee), Johnathan Issac - Out (Knee), Michael Carter-Willams - Out (Ankle)

possibly 4 guards out for tonight's game if Suggs can't go

I'll go with 28-54

But it's really something so hard to predict, there're a lot of unknown and variables right now (coach, return from inuuries, youngsters...)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Neighborhood Bully said:

possibly 4 guards out for tonight's game if Suggs can't go

That means we still have Anthony, Harris, Hampton as our "regular" guards and TRoss as a 2/3. Even with 4 guards out, we still have backcourt presence. 

1 hour ago, Franchise408 said:

Are we actually rooting for the team, or are we still hoping they lose for tAnKiNg?

I'm always rooting for the team. I don't think we need to actively tank. We will just be terrible because of our inexperience. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Franchise408 said:

Are we actually rooting for the team, or are we still hoping they lose for tAnKiNg?

I don't know about anyone else, but I am rooting for the team to play hard and win. I may eventually switch to tanking; but only late in the season if/when we are realistically outside of any hope to make the playoffs. Even then, I root for our guys to play hard and play as a team, and continue to improve as players. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2