All Eyes On Me

2021-2022 Orlando Magic Season Thread… Let’s Goo!!!

Great to read how much they're close and enjoy stay together, but at the end of the day, all that matters is what they show into the games, and I'm not sure they've really put a 100% effort throughout the season. There're a few good signs, but we'll neet to wait until next season to know how big a leap they can make together.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Luke_FfS said:

Great to read how much they're close and enjoy stay together, but at the end of the day, all that matters is what they show into the games, and I'm not sure they've really put a 100% effort throughout the season. There're a few good signs, but we'll neet to wait until next season to know how big a leap they can make together.

Between the mid season Covid outbreak, all the injuries, and the questionable lineup decisions that smelled awfully like tanking, I think I’m willing to give this season a pass for the players and to blame most of the losing on management. How many games did our best players actually play together?

14 hours ago, ball junkie said:

27 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Between the mid season Covid outbreak, all the injuries, and the questionable lineup decisions that smelled awfully like tanking, I think I’m willing to give this season a pass for the players and to blame most of the losing on management. How many games did our best players actually play together?

I love the enthusiasm of the team. Given all of the losses, I give a lot of credit to Coach Mosley for giving the guys clear parameters and goals. Some of them clearly improved and grew as the year progressed. That said, until guys likes Cole and Jalen can back their words up with playing efficient and winning basketball, their words carry little weight with me. Honestly, I'm not sure either is a starter in this league. They both, like some others on the roster, have a long way to go. Additionally, I'm not sold on the twin towers look of Mo and Wendell. Thus, I'm hoping for 1) Player growth, 2) Good drafting to improve the roster, and 3) A more modern and balanced starting lineup.

3 hours ago, Soul Bro said:

I love the enthusiasm of the team. Given all of the losses, I give a lot of credit to Coach Mosley for giving the guys clear parameters and goals. Some of them clearly improved and grew as the year progressed. That said, until guys likes Cole and Jalen can back their words up with playing efficient and winning basketball, their words carry little weight with me. Honestly, I'm not sure either is a starter in this league. They both, like some others on the roster, have a long way to go. Additionally, I'm not sold on the twin towers look of Mo and Wendell. Thus, I'm hoping for 1) Player growth, 2) Good drafting to improve the roster, and 3) A more modern and balanced starting lineup.

Probably time to switch to the off season thread so this may be my last post in this one.  For next season, my main hope is that we stop focusing on losing and drafting, and start focusing on actually developing our players and instilling a winning culture.  Probably Quixotic but I’m putting it out there anyway.  With the strategy we’re following right now, we could easily stay at the bottom for another 5-10 years.  We need to change direction.  

1 hour ago, JJZFL said:

Probably time to switch to the off season thread so this may be my last post in this one.  For next season, my main hope is that we stop focusing on losing and drafting, and start focusing on actually developing our players and instilling a winning culture.  Probably Quixotic but I’m putting it out there anyway.  With the strategy we’re following right now, we could easily stay at the bottom for another 5-10 years.  We need to change direction.  

JJZFL …just wanted to say in my 10 year hiatus from this board I would periodically check in here to see the discussions …you have stood by these thoughts even though most times you were by yourself …so far you look pretty prophetic …my son and I would debate the trying to win thing or tank also …he of the tank side and me on the we should try to win …anyway, kudos to you sir .

Moving forward …I really think if the Magic can draft a scoring, shooting wing to go along with the bigs they already have the tanking days will be over …not saying we will jump to the playoffs …but a good young team that has pieces that match and work well together, will be fun to watch them grow …I’m exited for the future but we gotta get the roster right …not mismatched pieces like the Henny days 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, ball junkie said:

JJZFL …just wanted to say in my 10 year hiatus from this board I would periodically check in here to see the discussions …you have stood by these thoughts even though most times you were by yourself …so far you look pretty prophetic …my son and I would debate the trying to win thing or tank also …he of the tank side and me on the we should try to win …anyway, kudos to you sir .

Moving forward …I really think if the Magic can draft a scoring, shooting wing to go along with the bigs they already have the tanking days will be over …not saying we will jump to the playoffs …but a good young team that has pieces that match and work well together, will be fun to watch them grow …I’m exited for the future but we gotta get the roster right …not mismatched pieces like the Henny days 

Thank you, ball junkie. I appreciate your kind comment very much.  Welcome back!

20 hours ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Even in the first time of the season, there were too much bad defensive games (and habits) in our team. Actually, we were quite better in the second part from a defensive point of view.

I know we're young, and I understand that kind of roster could have huge problems in both offense and defense... but I cannot accept lack of effort exactly because they're still so young, and they should put 110% on defense every single night. And the coaching staff should make them accountable for that.

On 4/13/2022 at 2:01 PM, Luke_FfS said:

Even in the first time of the season, there were too much bad defensive games (and habits) in our team. Actually, we were quite better in the second part from a defensive point of view.

I know we're young, and I understand that kind of roster could have huge problems in both offense and defense... but I cannot accept lack of effort exactly because they're still so young, and they should put 110% on defense every single night. And the coaching staff should make them accountable for that. 

In fact, all responsibility lies with the coaching staff, even if it is not obvious. Because the players must comply with the requirements of the coaching staff, even if that requirement is to make mistakes. And if a player makes mistakes, the coaching staff has the right and opportunity to replace such a player.