All Eyes On Me

2021-2022 Orlando Magic Season Thread… Let’s Goo!!!

On 4/6/2022 at 9:01 PM, Soul Bro said:

What's hard is that Mo hasn't been around great vets to push him and hold him accountable.

Somewhere in Chicago, Nikola is reading your comment! :P :P :P

In a more serious note, what about Lopez? Doesn't feel he's that kind of guy?

20 minutes ago, Luke_FfS said:

Robin seems like a lot of fun, but I don’t get a real accountability vibe from him.. lol 

34 minutes ago, Luke_FfS said:

Ha! I mean a real dog and winner type of vet. Mo is responsible for his lack of hustle, but the Magic are responsible for the culture and roster into which they drafted him. To me both parties are responsible.

• Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, TrueMagicFanSince1987 said:

You fail to factor in all the injuries we had this year. We have a healthy roster and we wouldn’t be the worse team in the league simple as that. I do agree we have been mismanaged but we have plenty of young promising talent to be excited about. I think we can make the play in tournament next year if everyone stays healthy. 

Some players were clearly held out when they could have played due to lack of interest in winning this season.  Not clear that in many cases the replacements were worse than the players who were “injured”.   Other than possibly Fultz, it’s not clear that we were going to win more games no matter who they played.

I might be missing something but where are all these budding young stars?   Franz showed something for a rookie although to annoint him a star at this point is exceedingly premature.  I’m not sure any of the guards except maybe Fultz are keepers.  Carter is solid but not enough to carry a team.  Chuma has mostly looked awful.  Mo is extremely inconsistent.  Mediocre young players don’t magically turn into stars as they get older   We should have learned that from the last rebuild.

15 minutes ago, JJZFL said:

Some players were clearly held out when they could have played due to lack of interest in winning this season.  Not clear that in many cases the replacements were worse than the players who were “injured”.   Other than possibly Fultz, it’s not clear that we were going to win more games no matter who they played.

I might be missing something but where are all these budding young stars?   Franz showed something for a rookie although to annoint him a star at this point is exceedingly premature.  I’m not sure any of the guards except maybe Fultz are keepers.  Carter is solid but not enough to carry a team.  Chuma has mostly looked awful.  Mo is extremely inconsistent.  Mediocre young players don’t magically turn into stars as they get older   We should have learned that from the last rebuild.

Not sure where you got young stars from my post pretty sure I said promising young players. Franz showed enough flashes of great playmaking ability on both ends of the floor to give us hope he’s going to turn into one the longer he is in the league. Not sure how you can count Suggs out when he’s still so young and has only played 1 season. Carter continues to develop his 3 point shot/inside game and was playing out of position most of the year when he’s clearly a 5 and not a 4. Chuma’s game regressed due to the lack of a legitimate point guard and him having to do things he normally wouldn’t have to on offense like creating his own shot off the dribble he’s more of a slasher, spot up 3 point, defensive minded player. To say we don’t have talent is ridiculous and not taking into account the amount of injuries we had and saying it didn’t affect our record this year is just as silly.  

1 hour ago, TrueMagicFanSince1987 said:

Not sure where you got young stars from my post pretty sure I said promising young players. Franz showed enough flashes of great playmaking ability on both ends of the floor to give us hope he’s going to turn into one the longer he is in the league. Not sure how you can count Suggs out when he’s still so young and has only played 1 season. Carter continues to develop his 3 point shot/inside game and was playing out of position most of the year when he’s clearly a 5 and not a 4. Chuma’s game regressed due to the lack of a legitimate point guard and him having to do things he normally wouldn’t have to on offense like creating his own shot off the dribble he’s more of a slasher, spot up 3 point, defensive minded player. To say we don’t have talent is ridiculous and not taking into account the amount of injuries we had and saying it didn’t affect our record this year is just as silly.  

I didn’t say we don’t have talent.  Every NBA player is talented.  We just don’t have enough talent and we’re not developing what we have properly by trying to lose.  

Also not counting Suggs out at all but he has a very long way to go.  I stand by my earlier comments about our “injuries”

11 hours ago, Soul Bro said:

Ha! I mean a real dog and winner type of vet. Mo is responsible for his lack of hustle, but the Magic are responsible for the culture and roster into which they drafted him. To me both parties are responsible.

Completely agree on that.

It's a problem we already had in the past, the team that won the first game in Toronto, playoffs, was not bad overall, but really needed that extra boost. That was also the reason why I was asking about coaching staff recently, as every player need to be pushed hard to reach the higher level.

To understand why so many Bulls fans are frustrated with Vucevic, one must understand the player Bulls fans believed the team was acquiring and what was surrendered for him. Last season, the Bulls traded Wendell Carter Jr., Otto Porter Jr., and lottery-protected first-round picks in both ’21 and ’23 to the Orlando Magic for Vucevic and Al-Farouq Aminu.

In Vucevic, the Bulls believed they were acquiring another all-star to pair with soon-to-be free agent, Zach LaVine. Instead, the Bulls got a Jekyll-and-Hyde big man who the franchise must now rely on to help lead them to their seventh NBA title.

After acquiring Vuc, the Bulls failed to reach the 2021 play-in tournament. The Bulls found themselves in the lottery but now owed their eighth-overall pick to the Magic. The Magic selected Franz Wagner, who has made an immediate impact and has been one of the best rookies in the league this season.

What’s worse is Chicago’s former first-round pick, Wendell Carter Jr., has experienced a leap forward since being traded to the Magic.

Between Vucevic’s play, Wagner’s impact, and Carter Jr.’s development, it is the opinion of many Bulls fans that the Bulls lost the Vucevic trade.

When observing Vucevic over the course of an NBA season, it’s noticeable that physicality often hinders him. Vucevic is already at a decisive disadvantage on the defensive end most nights, but against physical bigs, his offensive production also nosedives. Against Bam Adebayo, Rudy Gobert, Joel Embiid, Steven Adams, JaVale McGee, Deandre Ayton, Isaiah Stewart and Jonas Valanciunas, Vucevic averages 13.2 points and 9.9 rebounds per game, well below his season averages of 17.8 points and 11.1 rebounds.

Vucevic just does not play well against the premier frontcourt players in the NBA and it’s a big reason why the Bulls have such a poor record against elite teams this season. In contrast, Vucevic dominates inferior bigs with regularity and has posted some monster numbers against bigs who are defensively inept.

Despite becoming a playoff team, the Bulls look destined to be a first-round exit. While it would be unfair to blame all the Bulls’ struggles on Vucevic, he cannot be depended upon to show up in the playoffs against the league’s best when he has failed to do so all season.

Looking ahead, Vucevic — and his expiring contract — is the most expendable member of the “big three” as the Bulls will look to improve the roster this offseason. If the Bulls want to become serious contenders, they may have to come to grips with the reality that it’s time to take a long look at “Vuc” and do an about face.

https://theleadsm.com/two-faced-vucevic-polarizing-chicago/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=two-faced-vucevic-polarizing-chicago

200.webp?cid=ecf05e47sehg4xxydg1bkb0co2u

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

It’s crazy how once players aren’t in Orlando anymore people start to notice really obvious things about them lol. I remember last year in the playoffs Kendrick Perkins tweeting something about how he never knew AG was such a versatile defender, and others had takes like “wow when he isn’t on, he really can’t score to save his life.”

I wouldn’t trade Carter for Vooch straight up. Carter is proving to be a great, young, two-way player. And those glasses…

On 4/7/2022 at 7:13 PM, Soul Bro said:

You mean a guy like KG? He actually worked with Bamba before for he was even drafted. How’d that work out?