All Eyes On Me

2021-2022 Orlando Magic Season Thread… Let’s Goo!!!

25 minutes ago, J-Mac said:

So Cole is doing the dunk contest?

I think every team has to be represented in the All-Star Weekend. Only way this makes sense as Cole is NOT dunk contest material. 

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

I won't argue there. I never believed in the Evan, AG and Vooch trio.

Fine! :)
Than you should pretend more from the FO too, a late move is not enough even if could be considered a good one. We need more than that if we want to be back to a contender role.

3 hours ago, TreyMachine said:

I think every team has to be represented in the All-Star Weekend. Only way this makes sense as Cole is NOT dunk contest material. 

We’ll have 2, maybe even 3 in the rising star game. Sounds like Cole really wanted to do the dunk contest and has done them in the past. He might surprise

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, All Eyes On Me said:

We’ll have 2, maybe even 3 in the rising star game. Sounds like Cole really wanted to do the dunk contest and has done them in the past. He might surprise

Yep this. We already have Franz and most likely Suggs already playing. Cole was COP dunk champion, he will be a fun contender especially with how he is vocally and his unwavering confidence in himself!

21 minutes ago, crisby pancakes said:

Yep this. We already have Franz and most likely Suggs already playing. Cole was COP dunk champion, he will be a fun contender especially with how he is vocally and his unwavering confidence in himself!

You know, I haven’t seen him do much in games, but dunking over a guy and putting it between his legs in the process has me a little intrigued. 

4 hours ago, South_Aussie_Magic said:

Oklahoma City Thunder's Shai Gilgeous-Alexander to be sidelined through All-Star break with sprained ankle (espn.com.au)

here comes okc's push to the bottom just as the magic are teasing bringing back markelle.

Despite what you think, our young players and the team as a whole won’t develop properly if the goal is to lose as many games as possible, all for the sake of a minimally higher chance of getting a top 4 pick.   As we’ve seen with this years draft, there’s no guarantee that the first pick will be better than later picks anyway.  

• Upvote 4

OKC and Houston will both "tank" hard in the second half. Nothing to do about it. Detroit and the Magic will be in the running for the worst record because we are just both bad teams.

Lets just hope we get the lottery luck, in the end nothing is a sure thing. Houston in particular should have taken Mobley last year but they didn't. Just have to have faith. It will hurt when OKC starts losing on purpose but that will make it that much sweeter when we win the lottery.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Luke_FfS said:

Other franchise/fanbase could actually argue that we're already tanking hard.

Want to add on to this after the Hawks won their seventh straight game. I wish the last 4 years we could have seen Trea passing dimes to Gordon,Vooch and Evan. Plus scoring 25-30 a game. We were that close, even after all the mistakes, all the bad picks and trades. Trea,Evan,Vucevic and Isaac would have been amazing. 

We had to break it up we were just two years too late!

I'm a Dolphins fan and i'm watching the AFC championship game. Feels like the Magic missing out on drafting Trea. Dolphins started the year 0-7 the year Burrows went number one and then just won too much. 

Florida fans feel the pain, even the Bucs Superbowl win doesn't feel right since Tom Brady literally bailed them out.

Go lightning?