All Eyes On Me

2021-2022 Orlando Magic Season Thread… Let’s Goo!!!

1 hour ago, fan for too long 2 said:

This backs up the eye test. Okeke is not very good to say the least. He gets the ball and has NO plan at all. Dribbles to nowhere, jumps to pass, which should never happen, not very athletic, not even talking about his horrific shooting. I would ship him and Bamba out of town asap  we would become instantly better just by their removal but wait, management can’t have that. 

I would honestly be a little more patient with him. Lowe also suggest that is not used properly. Too early to give up on him IMO, there're other players I've less expectations for.

59 minutes ago, Luke_FfS said:

I would honestly be a little more patient with him. Lowe also suggest that is not used properly. Too early to give up on him IMO, there're other players I've less expectations for.

Maybe, use of players talents in a advantageous  way seems to be lost on Mosley.

My half season grade on coach is C- and I am being generous. 

I'm a little disappointed too.

In general, if you want to be a serious contender, you need to have top notch personal not only with the players, but also with coaching staff and FO. I just don't see that, unfortunately. Hope I'm wrong.

21 hours ago, fan for too long 2 said:

This backs up the eye test. Okeke is not very good to say the least. He gets the ball and has NO plan at all. Dribbles to nowhere, jumps to pass, which should never happen, not very athletic, not even talking about his horrific shooting. I would ship him and Bamba out of town asap  we would become instantly better just by their removal but wait, management can’t have that. 

While I agree with your critique, I think the mistake in evaluation here is that Okeke shouldn’t ever be put in a position where he’s trying to create. He’s a spot up stretch 4 on offense. Markelle being out has arguably hurt him more than anyone else on the team.

I don’t think Okeke is that bad but I also don’t think he’s a star. We have too many young guys on our team and we need to make some tough decisions in the upcoming years. Keep 4 or 5 and sign vets

12 minutes ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

I don’t think Okeke is that bad but I also don’t think he’s a star. We have too many young guys on our team and we need to make some tough decisions in the upcoming years. Keep 4 or 5 and sign vets

Agreed. Hopefully the young fellas make it easy on us for the most part, but to your point, there’s no way Markelle, Cole and Suggs are all here long term 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Agreed. Hopefully the young fellas make it easy on us for the most part, but to your point, there’s no way Markelle, Cole and Suggs are all here long term 

I'd like to see how Fultz does with Suggs. If it's a better option then Cole Anthony black hole since he got back from injury then I would include Cole in any trade with Ross or Bamba to get some quality return. If Fultz isn't the same pre-injury then we cut our losses include his salary in any trade. Forced to roll with Cole, Suggs until something better comes along. Still haven't given up on R.J. , but getting close.

I do think Suggs, Franz are our long term future with WCJr as a core piece unless someone better emerges. Hopefully Issac comes back with no more injuries, but prepared he may not be here either. 

19 hours ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Coach Moseley into the Covid protocols… what a season…

That kind of season.

...for All Nba teams.

1 hour ago, Luke_FfS said:

So, Cole Anthony in this forum goes from future all star to black hole.

Where's the truth? :)

Both. Westbrook, and the new generation of ball dominant stat padders can be both

20 hours ago, MagicTurk said:

I'd like to see how Fultz does with Suggs. If it's a better option then Cole Anthony black hole since he got back from injury then I would include Cole in any trade with Ross or Bamba to get some quality return. If Fultz isn't the same pre-injury then we cut our losses include his salary in any trade. Forced to roll with Cole, Suggs until something better comes along. Still haven't given up on R.J. , but getting close.

I do think Suggs, Franz are our long term future with WCJr as a core piece unless someone better emerges. Hopefully Issac comes back with no more injuries, but prepared he may not be here either. 

That kind of season.

...for All Nba teams.

Once Fultz comes back we can slide Anthony to the 2nd unit/6th man role and let him run the show when the starters come out. He will provide that offensive spark while the starters rest. Our 2nd unit has been pretty terrible and this would fix a lot of our problems with that squad. If Cole embraces this role I can envision a world where we keep all 3 of Fultz, Suggs, and Anthony. Of course this all hinges on if Fultz is the same player pre injury. I guess we will find out soon enough. 

6 hours ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

Both. Westbrook, and the new generation of ball dominant stat padders can be both

Anthony is way too inconsistent right now to be considered any kind of star.  For every game he helps us win, he helps us lose 3-4 others.  Still early in his career, of course.  

6 hours ago, TrueMagicFanSince1987 said:

Once Fultz comes back we can slide Anthony to the 2nd unit/6th man role and let him run the show when the starters come out. He will provide that offensive spark while the starters rest. Our 2nd unit has been pretty terrible and this would fix a lot of our problems with that squad. If Cole embraces this role I can envision a world where we keep all 3 of Fultz, Suggs, and Anthony. Of course this all hinges on if Fultz is the same player pre injury. I guess we will find out soon enough. 

We don’t need one guy to monopolize the ball in the second unit either, whether it’s Anthony or Ross.  One of the reasons I enjoyed watching most of the Lakeland starters play as our second unit was that they played as a team.  And we won proportionally substantially more games with them as our second unit than with our “normal” team.  Two of our grand total of 8 wins in 43 games came with them as our second unit, and they were only in that role for 5-6 games at most.  

• Upvote 1