All Eyes On Me

2021-2022 Orlando Magic Season Thread… Let’s Goo!!!

On 12/17/2021 at 8:03 PM, MagicTurk said:

Maybe I'm the lone wolf on this sentiment, but I don't see any issues with playing R.J. at PG. This year is about player development and the youngin's learning to play together. Nothing wrong with playing him at PG and working on those skills. He'll be even better at SG/SF having gone through it. The Thunder threw Harden at PG and KD at SG for one season. Didn't work out, but maybe they are better players for it.

If we continue to have bad results into year 2 of this rebuild then yes, let's make changes. One season won't kill us. They learn from each other this year, work on their games and we add better role players next year to boost this core. 

I don't mind either, in excepional situations and for short times, to put some of our players a little out of their roles, testing themselves. For that reason I wasn't mad to the fact we haven't signed any guard.

At the same time, if that situation goes on for too long, IMO the experimenting could lead to bad habits, and also be detrimental to the development of the youngsters, individually and as a team. I really hope that at some point, we'll be able to play something that could resemble our future roster, Fultz and JI included. And I'm not sure RJ belongs to that group.

WMnKeH.gif   THE MAGIC GAME AT TORONTO HAS BEEN POSTPONED - MONDAY, DEC. 20TH

NBA postpones Magic-Raptors game Monday due to health and safety protocols

Source:  ESPN and Orlando Sentinel

TORONTO — The Orlando Magic’s Monday road game against the Toronto Raptors was postponed because of “players and staff members entering the NBA’s Health and Safety protocols,” the league announced Sunday afternoon.

Monday’s game was postponed out of an abundance of caution with the Magic awaiting additional COVID-19 test results, according to a league source. The Magic’s travel party has been tested daily since their first player went into the protocols on Thursday.

Link:  https://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/orlando-magic/os-sp-magic-raptors-postponed-20211219-u4wwuohqbneu3kqfpciv2uy6ry-story.html