All Eyes On Me

2021-2022 Orlando Magic Season Thread… Let’s Goo!!!

From Zach Lowe's latest 10 things article:

"3. The gusto -- and rebounding -- of Cole Anthony

I'm skeptical of Anthony developing into the lead ball handler for a contender; he's on the small side for that role, without killer physical ability, and he orchestrates with a shoot-first approach. (On this Orlando Magic team, he probably should bring a shoot-first, shoot-second, and shoot-third approach.) He's averaging 20 points, but someone on every bad team will approach that number. Anthony's a solid shooter, but not a great one. He gets hung up on screens on defense.

But Anthony is good, and more than that, he's a delight -- overflowing with ultra-competitive, puffed-chest bravado. He carries himself as if he is the best player on the floor. He backs it up with effort, toughness, and late-game shotmaking. That kind of fire-breathing courage inspires teammates. It makes a rebuilding team believe -- really believe -- it can compete.

Anthony's spirit is embodied by his ferocious rebounding. He loves barging into big man territory, and uprooting larger humans with textbook boxouts. He can flat out go up and get it:

Anthony has rebounded 17.7% of opponent misses. Some power forwards would love to reach that number. It trails one Ricky Rubio season for the highest rate ever among players listed 6-2 or shorter, per Basketball-Reference.

Anthony is crafty, with lots of moves and countermoves -- he rejects picks more than any ball handler, per Second Spectrum -- and a penchant for start-and-stop baseline drives.

The Magic have scored 109 points per 100 possessions with Anthony, and an unthinkable 92.7 when he sits -- eight points below the Oklahoma City Thunder's league-worst offense. Sprinkle some salt on those numbers; with Markelle Fultz and now Jalen Suggs injured, the Magic don't have a backup point guard. Terrence Ross, Orlando's bench spark for what seems like 20 seasons now, is shooting 30% on 3s.

Regardless: It's impossible not to love Anthony."

48 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

From Zach Lowe's latest 10 things article:

"3. The gusto -- and rebounding -- of Cole Anthony

I'm skeptical of Anthony developing into the lead ball handler for a contender; he's on the small side for that role, without killer physical ability, and he orchestrates with a shoot-first approach. (On this Orlando Magic team, he probably should bring a shoot-first, shoot-second, and shoot-third approach.) He's averaging 20 points, but someone on every bad team will approach that number. Anthony's a solid shooter, but not a great one. He gets hung up on screens on defense.

But Anthony is good, and more than that, he's a delight -- overflowing with ultra-competitive, puffed-chest bravado. He carries himself as if he is the best player on the floor. He backs it up with effort, toughness, and late-game shotmaking. That kind of fire-breathing courage inspires teammates. It makes a rebuilding team believe -- really believe -- it can compete.

Anthony's spirit is embodied by his ferocious rebounding. He loves barging into big man territory, and uprooting larger humans with textbook boxouts. He can flat out go up and get it:

Anthony has rebounded 17.7% of opponent misses. Some power forwards would love to reach that number. It trails one Ricky Rubio season for the highest rate ever among players listed 6-2 or shorter, per Basketball-Reference.

Anthony is crafty, with lots of moves and countermoves -- he rejects picks more than any ball handler, per Second Spectrum -- and a penchant for start-and-stop baseline drives.

The Magic have scored 109 points per 100 possessions with Anthony, and an unthinkable 92.7 when he sits -- eight points below the Oklahoma City Thunder's league-worst offense. Sprinkle some salt on those numbers; with Markelle Fultz and now Jalen Suggs injured, the Magic don't have a backup point guard. Terrence Ross, Orlando's bench spark for what seems like 20 seasons now, is shooting 30% on 3s.

Regardless: It's impossible not to love Anthony."

My only problem with this whole thing is that Anthony is actually listed as 6'3" on both the ESPN and Orlando Magic (NBA.com) rosters. 

:1B0uTa.jpgEARLY START 

ZHyAcl.png

• Orlando Magic At Los Angeles Clippers
  • Saturday, December 11, 2021 @ 3:30 P.M.

I have prepared a Game Thread Starter, and I will post it in the next few hours.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, TrueMagicFan07 said:

:1B0uTa.jpgEARLY START 

ZHyAcl.png

• Orlando Magic At Los Angeles Clippers
  • Saturday, December 11, 2021 @ 3:30 P.M.

I have prepared a Game Thread Starter, and I will post it in the next few hours.

Thanks as always, TMF. Clippers favored by 11 on the betting sites. Especially with our recent play, I’m not optimistic about this one.  Has our defense fallen off a cliff without Suggs, or am I imagining things?

20 hours ago, JJZFL said:

Thanks as always, TMF. Clippers favored by 11 on the betting sites. Especially with our recent play, I’m not optimistic about this one.  Has our defense fallen off a cliff without Suggs, or am I imagining things?

Tomorrow's game (Sat., December 11th) against the Clippers will be the 1st game of a back-to-back. They play the Lakers the next Day (Sun., Dec. 12th). It's really going to be tough for our guys. So let's not expect too much from them.

The Lakers will be the last game of a 5 game road trip. So let's hope and pray there will be no injuries before coming home.

After returning to Florida, they will have 2 days rest before playing the Heat on Dec. 15th and another back-to-back playing Miami on the Dec. 17th and the Nets on Dec. 18th.

As Mauro Pedrosa would say:  "YIKES!!!"

MAGIC - CLIPPERS PROJECTED LINEUPS

nyWCBp.jpg

G0wagb.jpg MAGIC FANS (A Back-To-Back)

MAGIC AT LAKERS 

Sunday, December 12 at 9:30 P.M., EST
Staples Center - Los Angeles, CA
TV:  Bally Sports FL

0J8syz.png

• BE THERE. Don't Leave Us Hanging!  :)
  • The Lakers will probably rest LeBron and Anthony because it's the Magic.  FBdglY.jpg
  • Rotowire has James listed as probable and Davis listed as questionable. 

I have prepared a Game Thread Starter, and I will post it between tonight and tomorrow morning.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, crisby pancakes said:

Currently on course for worst ever season of around 15 wins.

Was just about to post the same thing.  Tankers should be cheering this on.  Unfortunately barring some extreme draft luck I see us stuck at the bottom for a long time to come.  

20 minutes ago, JJZFL said:

Was just about to post the same thing.  Tankers should be cheering this on.  Unfortunately barring some extreme draft luck I see us stuck at the bottom for a long time to come.  

I'm more worried by the lack of fight that sometimes we show, but it's also hard to judge without two key players and a few games without Cole.

What's the early take on the coach? Are we giving 100% every night? Could be a really good long term solution?

I assume we are officially on trade deadline watch now. Who's safe, who has to go and what can be done to right this ship? The way I see it the only ones that I wouldn't trade are Franz, Suggs, Cole and maybe Wendell anyone else is fair game.