All Eyes On Me

2021-2022 Orlando Magic Season Thread… Let’s Goo!!!

People always give me guff when i complain about the commentators on the opposing teams broadcast. Here is what i learned from listening to Bob Fitzgerald and Kelenna Azubuike last night.

- They cannot tell the difference between Chuma, Hampton and Cole. Multiple times they credited one or the other for a shot or pass or turnover to the wrong person

- Every player they have picked up from other teams never smiled before. They smile like never before now they play with the warriors. In fact they have never seen Andrew Wiggins smile before playing for the warriors.

- Many times the magic missed a shot they comment that they "missed it badly" even when it just hit the back of the rim, meaning it was only 1/2" approx from going in.

- They consider Draymond Green to be a future hall of famer. He's good not sure if I agree yet he's a future Hall of Famer.

- Kelenna Azubuike should be promoted. That man has good public speaking skills and knows basketball.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Luke_FfS said:

I'm not so harsh on Gordon, and I still think he should have been managed better. So yes, for me he has absolutely a point too. We change a lot of coaches and players, and the results are almost always the same... I wouldn't blame Aaron for that.

And what about Gordon now? He is playing for a solid team with one of the best playmakers in the league. I am sure nuggets fans are frustrated with his performance. He is paid like a star and plays like a very average starter…he disappeared in the playoffs and absolutely not consistent this season again…is he still suffering a bad situation in Orlando?

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Babir_9 said:

And what about Gordon now? He is playing for a solid team with one of the best playmakers in the league. I am sure nuggets fans are frustrated with his performance. He is paid like a star and plays like a very average starter…he disappeared in the playoffs and absolutely not consistent this season again…is he still suffering a bad situation in Orlando?

Are you watching all Denver games, reading Denver forums, or only looking at stats and random games and guessing?

Stats that, btw, were not that bad either. They're playing him 32mins a game, so he's clearly well considered in the team and by the coaches. He's having a career year in FG%, and shooting the 3 at 35%, that is not bad either. He's probably defending the most complicate offensive player (guard/forward) every game.. all of that without Murray.

Denver was in a great shape with him after the trade, and maybe the problem is not him like you're suggesting, but the fact that they lost an all-star in a key moment... just before playoffs. If they don't, they had a serious chance to be NBA champs, or at least going very far... will be different the narrative on Aaron in that situation? What if he had a ring?

Finally, he's not paid like a star by any means. His salary is 16.5 that season, that is less than half of most stars.

Gordon is paid like an NBA starter and that was always his ceiling. I think we overrate our own players sometimes because it was clear to most that he was never an all star/all defense level player 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Luke_FfS said:

Are you watching all Denver games, reading Denver forums, or only looking at stats and random games and guessing?

Stats that, btw, were not that bad either. They're playing him 32mins a game, so he's clearly well considered in the team and by the coaches. He's having a career year in FG%, and shooting the 3 at 35%, that is not bad either. He's probably defending the most complicate offensive player (guard/forward) every game.. all of that without Murray.

Denver was in a great shape with him after the trade, and maybe the problem is not him like you're suggesting, but the fact that they lost an all-star in a key moment... just before playoffs. If they don't, they had a serious chance to be NBA champs, or at least going very far... will be different the narrative on Aaron in that situation? What if he had a ring?

Finally, he's not paid like a star by any means. His salary is 16.5 that season, that is less than half of most stars.

My point was that he did not become a different player in Denver in spite of playing alongside Jokic…he is criticising Orlando but it is not like he left the Magic and became an All Star…overall he plays the same way, what’s the point to blame the franchise which drafted him so high…

17 hours ago, Babir_9 said:

My point was that he did not become a different player in Denver in spite of playing alongside Jokic…he is criticising Orlando but it is not like he left the Magic and became an All Star…overall he plays the same way, what’s the point to blame the franchise which drafted him so high…

I think it's hard to become a different player in a few months, Aaron is what he is, he already improved a lot since he was drafted, when he was just an athletical freak with great dunking abilities... he's surely a way better playmaker and shooter right now. Clearly, he's not going to be an all-star, but maybe we as fans just expected too much from him, and from every player we draft. Playing alongside Jokic (and Murray) will only decrease his usage (and that's why his % are career highs) and put him in a perfect role as cutter, wide open shooter, and defender. And he's probably embracing that. But being a solid starter in a contender shouldn't be considered a failure, that's actually a lot more than the most of the players accomplish in their career.

As far as criticising Orlando... as other members has pointed out, maybe he's not that wrong in what he said... I mean, we have been terribly inconsistent in the last decade, and surely one of the worst and mismanaged teams on the league. As fans, maybe it's hard to admit that, we are obviously "blinded" by the love to our team, but he still has a point and he's probably just telling the truth.

You see? Even now you say that he is “probably” embracing a role of a cutter, defender, role player ;) and nice game today…2 rebounds in 43 minutes…

anyway, agree with most of your points but I just don’t think he is that kind of player who can make those comments…he can’t blame Orlando for his failures as a player…

I say probably cause obviously I'm not a Nuggets fan, and I don't have time to watch their games. Same as you I believe. ;)

And.. you see? "His failures"... being a starter in a great team is not a failure IMHO, but who knows... even if he's, he also has all the right to make the comments that he wants about something that changed his own life and career. II don't think you need to be an all-star to express an opinion, especially if what he says seems just... right.

No, you say “probably” because we all, Magic fans, wanted him to embrace that role in Orlando ))) but he was too stubborn and kept trying to be a versatile star ) forcing fadeaway jumpers, over dribbling etc… 

he can say whatever he wants of course, but that would make sense if he suddenly becomes a great player in Denver. Right now he is just a role player and it is not because he was in a bad situation in Orlando )  

58 minutes ago, Luke_FfS said:

Well, that means that you know better than me what my head is thinking! :)

Just joking )

AG is and was a Uber athletic player with a very low bb iq. If not for his elite athleticism, he would not be in the nba. He could of been a Rodman but, he didn’t want to be that type of player. Also as crazy as Rodman was he knows  basketball, Gordon just likes to play basketball. That’s the difference.