All Eyes On Me

2021-2022 Orlando Magic Season Thread… Let’s Goo!!!

3 hours ago, All Eyes On Me said:

So, Vooch and all he meant to the team was great and I’m not downplaying that at all. But right now that trade is:

Vucevic and Aminu’s terrible contract for

Wendell Carter Jr, Franz Wagner, the cap space from Otto Porter’s expiring and a 2023 first round pick still to come. 

what a trade!!

I am sure some Bulls fans already think that Wendell just by himself is better than Vuc ))

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, All Eyes On Me said:

So, Vooch and all he meant to the team was great and I’m not downplaying that at all. But right now that trade is:

Wendell Carter Jr, Franz Wagner, the cap space from Otto Porter’s expiring and a 2023 first round pick still to come. 

what a trade!!

This will go down as an all time fleece of a trade. What a stupid trade from Chicago, good to be on the other side of the trade for once 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, All Eyes On Me said:

what a trade!!

I think this is kind of karma for having such bad luck, terrible trades, horrible picks and awful injuries during all Magic history. 

1% positive compared to negative, but still, a good move nonetheless

Now, if we can have a couple more of this, then we are onto something.

13 hours ago, harley said:

This will go down as an all time fleece of a trade. What a stupid trade from Chicago, good to be on the other side of the trade for once 

I knew it was a fleecing at the time. The fact that we got the expiring contract and not a 3rd team and two draft picks? I was blown away even being cautious about WCJ. Then it came through that they took Aminu's ****ty contract. I thought i was dreaming. That trade will be infamous a couple years from now. 

I liked the trade at the time solely because we were finally picking a direction. I wouldn’t say they got fleeced but it definitely seems we got the better end of the deal. I do feel for Vuc though as it looks like Chicago decided to go a completely different direction this off season. A low usage center who is there purely to rebound/ defend would fit much better with how that team is currently constructed. 

3 hours ago, King Close said:

I liked the trade at the time solely because we were finally picking a direction. I wouldn’t say they got fleeced but it definitely seems we got the better end of the deal. I do feel for Vuc though as it looks like Chicago decided to go a completely different direction this off season. A low usage center who is there purely to rebound/ defend would fit much better with how that team is currently constructed. 

They are 7-3 so hard to feel too sorry for him

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

52 minutes ago, JJZFL said:

nonetheless, vuc is shooting 38% from the field and 25% from 3pt

so, yes they are winning, but not precisely because of him

4 hours ago, JJZFL said:

With Wendell their record would be 9-1.

I am sort of nervous when Fultz and JI come back, I know we have not been winning but man the games have been fun to watch. What is going to happen to Coles season unless he moves to the 2 and Suggs to the bench. Will the Mo and WCJ dream be over when JI returns and plays the 4? 

1 hour ago, s1n1st3r12 said:

I am sort of nervous when Fultz and JI come back, I know we have not been winning but man the games have been fun to watch. What is going to happen to Coles season unless he moves to the 2 and Suggs to the bench. Will the Mo and WCJ dream be over when JI returns and plays the 4? 

I think you can't bench Cole at this point without hurting his feelings and thoughts on being on the Magic long term. I would allow for continue to start while he's on this hot streak. If he starts to fall off towards his average, you then convince him to be a 6th man spark. I think at this point, our rotation is:

Starting Guards: Cole / Fultz
4 Minutes - Period End: Jalen / Fultz
2nd Period Start - 7 minutes: Jalen / Cole
7 minutes - Period End: Cole / Fultz

Something along those lines for our guard rotation. Maybe throw in Ross, but the core guard rotation will likely try to have one of Fultz / Cole at all times to handle the ball as Jalen tries to improve his handles, unless they want to take the Oladipo approach (which I wouldn't be opposed to - Suggs has vision as a former QB but lacks ball control presently, which should come with time). 

9 minutes ago, TreyMachine said:

I think you can't bench Cole at this point without hurting his feelings and thoughts on being on the Magic long term. I would allow for continue to start while he's on this hot streak. If he starts to fall off towards his average, you then convince him to be a 6th man spark. I think at this point, our rotation is:

Starting Guards: Cole / Fultz
4 Minutes - Period End: Jalen / Fultz
2nd Period Start - 7 minutes: Jalen / Cole
7 minutes - Period End: Cole / Fultz

Something along those lines for our guard rotation. Maybe throw in Ross, but the core guard rotation will likely try to have one of Fultz / Cole at all times to handle the ball as Jalen tries to improve his handles, unless they want to take the Oladipo approach (which I wouldn't be opposed to - Suggs has vision as a former QB but lacks ball control presently, which should come with time). 

Longterm I think we are looking at a core rotation of:

3 man guard rotation of Fultz, Suggs and Cole. 

3 man forward rotation of Franz, JI and Chuma. (If Issac can’t get healthy use a future pick and/or FA on his replacement). 

Center Rotation of WCJ and this years draft pick (hopefully Duran). 

Yes that means, Bamba and Harris walk in free agency. I also think we trade Ross for 2 seconds before the deadline. 

3 hours ago, s1n1st3r12 said:

I mean, what do you want? Winning or "fun" losses?

Man, they better get this latest rebuild attempt right, the fans around here are starting to forget the purpose of competition. Give me 60 dull wins vs 60 fun losses.