All Eyes On Me

2021-2022 Orlando Magic Season Thread… Let’s Goo!!!

2 hours ago, Babir_9 said:

If you could replace Suggs with any other player who was picked after him, what would be your choice?

Are we already at that point?

On 11/3/2021 at 5:00 AM, J-Mac said:

I honestly don’t know where the Ross heat is coming from, man is seeing a double team every time off screens which I’ve seen usually help kick start our offense, and shout out to Ross for passing to the rolling big or kicking it to the open guy in the wing/corner. Last yr Ross would just usually force the shot no matter what

Ross seems to be doing a much better job from a team perspective rather than just being the chucker he was last year. However being I forgot Gary Harris and Etwan Moore were even on this team I'm really cool with moving both of them.

On 11/3/2021 at 6:48 PM, hootie249 said:

Isaac is being protected. No doubt about it but hey, i have to start giving these guys credit. They know forwards. 

Definitely weird him not being back yet. Maybe his camp/Magic doctors wants to be sure he is fully healed before sending him out there. The verbiage is strong in his contract, if he can't come back from his knee or re injures it then Magic can void his deal. 

From John Hollinger~ "Isaac’s deal might be even better than Anunoby’s depending on his health. Let’s start there because Orlando wisely hedged against it in two ways. First of all, there are the incentives — $2.6 million each year — that he only receives if he plays in at least 70 games (or the pro-rated equivalent if we change from an 82-game schedule). Second, sources tell The Athletic that his contract contains an “Exhibit 3,” which could limit or eliminate his salary protection based on an injury to a certain body part. That body part would almost certainly be his left knee that just suffered a torn ACL."

26 minutes ago, MagicTurk said:

Definitely weird him not being back yet. Maybe his camp/Magic doctors wants to be sure he is fully healed before sending him out there. The verbiage is strong in his contract, if he can't come back from his knee or re injures it then Magic can void his deal. 

From John Hollinger~ "Isaac’s deal might be even better than Anunoby’s depending on his health. Let’s start there because Orlando wisely hedged against it in two ways. First of all, there are the incentives — $2.6 million each year — that he only receives if he plays in at least 70 games (or the pro-rated equivalent if we change from an 82-game schedule). Second, sources tell The Athletic that his contract contains an “Exhibit 3,” which could limit or eliminate his salary protection based on an injury to a certain body part. That body part would almost certainly be his left knee that just suffered a torn ACL."

I thought for sure he’d be ready for training camp.  I understand the concerns given his injury history but the reality is there will always be some uncertainty.  There will never be a point when you can be sure he is fully healed and won’t get injured again.  

One of the stranger parts of this whole JI thing is he can only miss 3 more games total of the 73 left (and spoilers he probably ain’t playing tonight) this season or else he’s already sacrificed that $2.6 million incentive for the season. He’s already been out 4-5 months longer than the expected recovery time and theres zero timeline on his return. There’s so many red flags around this kid.

• Upvote 1