All Eyes On Me

2021-2022 Orlando Magic Season Thread… Let’s Goo!!!

7 hours ago, TreyMachine said:

Cole Anthony has so much confidence in his shot despite it rarely going down the hole. It's absolutely incredible that he just keeps passing up open guys to shoot more when he's consistently shooting <40%. 

He is just not a very smart player…

24 minutes ago, Natesroom said:

We need to pick up kyrie irving on the cheap! Maybe we can get bradley beal also.... Pair them up with JI and there's a storm brewing!

I hope your joking on wanting Kyrie Irving. That guy is a for mental case.

hey they are going to sit him the whole season. He'll be able to play in all 82 games for the magic as NBA players visiting NY are not required... Add that to the savings in money he would gain by no state income tax.... Thats a Grand Mocha Cappuccino

20 hours ago, TreyMachine said:

Cole Anthony has so much confidence in his shot despite it rarely going down the hole. It's absolutely incredible that he just keeps passing up open guys to shoot more when he's consistently shooting <40%. 

He wasn’t playing like that until the “tank phase” at the end of last season when everyone decided to play however they wanted to.  I’m hoping he can unlearn that crap before it gets too ingrained.  But you’re right, it’s definitely worrying.  

Lowe about the Magic on his League Pass standings.

Is this the league's weirdest collection of players? Markelle Fultz's jumper went from "totally broken" to "only kind of broken" before his knee injury; where is it now? What, exactly, is Mo Bamba? Why are there so many centers? If we don't get to see at least 200 Robin Lopez ice-cream scoop hooks, what are we even doing?

Jonathan Isaac has played 136 games in four seasons -- and none since New Year's Day 2020, when we weren't sure the world was about to go to hell.

When we last saw him, Isaac was flashing NBA Defensive Player of the Year potential as an all-position destroyer, and finding his place on offense as a big guy who didn't get to set ball screens often. (I honestly can't believe we never saw lineups with Aaron Gordon and Isaac as the only two bigs. Is it in the collective bargaining agreement that Orlando must roster at least four centers?)

When Isaac returns, both Chuma Okeke and Franz Wagner will spend more time on the wing; Okeke looms as a crucial player going forward. The Fultz/Jalen Suggs/Okeke/Isaac/Wendell Carter Jr. lineup should entertain. R.J. Hampton zooms with turbocharged confidence -- and little regard for his own safety. Michael Carter-Williams will get around your damned pick, even if he has to crash through it; he ends up bleeding a lot.

The mystery is refreshing. Orlando maximized its talent under Steve Clifford, but the product had grown vanilla.

The art is first-rate, and the broadcast, with David Steele and Jeff Turner, is soothing: no homerism or bile, with the right mix of analysis and deadpan humor. Terrence Ross is good for a half-dozen scorchers.

How many times I've asked myself the same question I've put in bold?

• Like 1

I actually like the line up we have been running, Suggs, Harris, Wagner, Bamba and Carter Jr. When we get a couple of players back it will be interesting will JI go into the 3 or 4, when Chuma comes back is he a starter? A lot of questions however pretty exciting really. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Luke_FfS said:

Four centers? Does Lowe watch the Magic or not? At best we have 3 centers. Bamba, WCJ, Rolo. Isaac is not a center. Never has been. May be one day but not today.  Signing Rolo as an insurance policy was smart af. Lowe tell me you don't watch the Magic without saying you don't watch the Magic bud.

8 hours ago, Luke_FfS said:

Even Ibaka Gordon at 5+4 was a huge missed opportunity. We haven't had daring coaches but hopefully Mosley is different. Even trying Bamba and Carter together can be seen as a sign of good things to come