All Eyes On Me

2021-2022 Orlando Magic Season Thread… Let’s Goo!!!

Media Day has come and gone, there’s officially video of Magic players shooting around in Amway, the new league year is officially (finally!) underway! Preseason opener is in 6 days against Boston. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, JJZFL said:

Should we retire the off-season thread at this point and post here instead?

Think it’s time. I unpinned the off-season thread and pinned this one, I’ll retire it later today 

With Fultz being sidelined, I’m really excited about the clear path forward for Suggs. I’m also hopeful Chuma will be able to start the season in our starting five. Let’s go!

1 hour ago, Luke_FfS said:

Are there news about the timeline of the return of Isaac and Fultz?

WeltHam won’t indicate a timeline. It’s been 14 months since Isaac’s acl tear and 9 months since Fultz’s tear.

20 minutes ago, Natesroom said:

i just read chuma is out at training camp? Anyone have anymore info?

Bruised right hip apparently. Listed as "limited" for training camp. 

On 9/30/2021 at 7:58 AM, Soul Bro said:

WeltHam won’t indicate a timeline. It’s been 14 months since Isaac’s acl tear and 9 months since Fultz’s tear.

I’m kind of surprised about Isaac.  I would have thought 14 months would be plenty.  Could someone with some orthopedic knowledge please share their thoughts?

It has been roughly one year and two months since Jonathan Isaac had surgery to repair his left ACL and meniscus on Aug. 7, 2020.

We have seen Isaac in the weight room working on his body, and he has noticeably put on additional weight. But nobody outside the Amway Center has seen video of him actually playing basketball until recently in training camp. And even then it was just simple shooting drills after practice.

Isaac has not been cleared for contact as training camp begins. And so hope and expectations the Magic would have Isaac available to start the season have quickly been dashed. Josh Robbins of The Athletic reports Isaac has already been ruled out for the team’s season opener.

At this point, it is unclear when Isaac will return, when he will be cleared for contact or what the timetable is for his return. The Orlando Magic are notoriously quiet when it comes to discussing when players will actually return.

The Orlando Magic are still banking a lot on Jonathan Isaac. His return to the court is one of the most important storylines of the season.

Isaac’s return will be among the most important storylines of the Magic’s season. As Jeff Weltman said during media day, reintegrating injured players in Jonatan Isaac and Markelle Fultz is one of the most important things the Magic will do this season.

It still remains the great unknown of the entire season.

The Magic’s rehab process usually goes under the radar. So a lot is up in the air about Isaac’s progress. All anyone would say is that he is on track for a full recovery.

“Recovery has been great,” Isaac said at media day. “I’ve been taking it day-by-day, I’ve been grinding. I’m seeing great progress, not just with my knee, but just with my game overall, with my weight, with weightlifting and all of that. So, I’m pleased, I’m making strides and I can’t wait to be back.”

https://orlandomagicdaily.com/2021/09/30/2022-orlando-magic-player-outlook-what-are-expectations-for-jonathan-isaac/

We start a 5 game home stand on November 3rd. If I was a betting man, that’s where I’d wager JI and Markelle make their season debut. They miss the first 8 games of the season if that’s the case

2 hours ago, All Eyes On Me said:

We start a 5 game home stand on November 3rd. If I was a betting man, that’s where I’d wager JI and Markelle make their season debut. They miss the first 8 games of the season if that’s the case

I mean if 14 months isn't enough, who's to say that 15 is enough?