All Eyes On Me

2021-2022 Orlando Magic Season Thread… Let’s Goo!!!

22 minutes ago, A Better DJ & Photographer said:

Considering our starters haven't played a single game together, I would say that there is plenty of room for the glass to be half full.

You mean like Isaac?  I’ll believe that if/when I see it.  Furthermore, even when he was healthy and playing with established veterans, the team was at best mediocre

56 minutes ago, JJZFL said:

My friend, I’m afraid you are kidding yourself.  There is absolutely no reason to believe next season will be appreciably different from this one.  

We shall come back to this.. 

We are gonna have a friendly gentlemans bet or something..

We are gonna be good next season :-)

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Jay Magic said:

1 hour ago, JJZFL said:

"My friend, I’m afraid you are kidding yourself.  There is absolutely no reason to believe next season will be appreciably different from this one."

I don't think I have ever run into a more negative sports fan. LOL  Glass half full vs half empty? His is always all the way empty.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jay Magic said:

I agree having Fultz healthy and playing starters minutes will change this team drastically. It was evident we played much better with him on the court and he made everyone around him better. Also add in the fact our rookies will have the off-season to improve and I can see us winning 30+ games next season. We are going to be much better than this year contrary to what JJZFL believes. He’s the most negative fan I have ever encountered lol. 

10 minutes ago, TrueMagicFanSince1987 said:

I agree having Fultz healthy and playing starters minutes will change this team drastically. It was evident we played much better with him on the court and he made everyone around him better. Also add in the fact our rookies will have the off-season to improve and I can see us winning 30+ games next season. We are going to be much better than this year contrary to what JJZFL believes. He’s the most negative fan I have ever encountered lol. 

Here is a better take away. I believe someone earlier said something about this years tankers are the same as last years tankers. So what did it do for them? Houston, Detroit and OKC solidly set themselves up to lose as much as possible this year, along with the Magic. And we had too. I don't believe we will be trying to lose next year. This is where health and coaching come in. If we have everyone to start the year healthy, i firmly believe we will be trying everything to win again. With an eye on development and looking to figure out who fits and who doesn't. The east is deep but very fluid. We have way to many youngsters to play one month and wait on another draft pick. If something works i believe we make moves to get better. If something goes south i could see the front office making a midseason trade to fix things.

110Cv8.jpg        HEADS UP - MAGIC FANS!
                                                                                    1PHhc2.png

~TONIGHT - THURSDAY NIGHT~

MAGIC AT HORNETS 

Thursday, April 7th at 7:00 P.M., EST
Spectrum Center - Charlotte, NC
TV:  Bally Sports FL

BE THERE. Don't Leave Us Hanging!  :)
I have prepared and posted a game thread opener for tonight's game if interested.

3 hours ago, Jay Magic said:

Happy to have the bet.  We win less than 30 next season.  

2 hours ago, A Better DJ & Photographer said:

1 hour ago, JJZFL said:

My friend, I’m afraid you are kidding yourself.  There is absolutely no reason to believe next season will be appreciably different from this one.

I don't think I have ever run into a more negative sports fan. LOL  Glass half full vs half empty? His is always all the way empty.

I like to have realistic discussions.  A lot of people were saying we’d be better than everyone thinks this season during the past summer.  How did that prediction work out?   Realistic takes are what ultimately lead to improvement.  At some point fans need to pressure management to start actually building a team.  

I don't envisage us being any good next season, the team will be super young still.

I think the FO will commit to another tank year, that will put it at 3 seasons of tanking and enough assets to decide who they want to keep and who they want to trade for vets to start doing what Cleveland have done, we'll also be able to make a decision on Fultz at the end of next season with his contract for 2023/24 only partially guaranteed. We've seen what happens when you try to take shortcuts on a rebuild already (treadmill 8 seed, thanks Hennigan.) They need to commit fully to this rebuild and look at the 2023/24 season as the one where they look to get back into the playoff mix. As depressing as it sounds we probably have another year of losing a lot.

Might finally get a correct season win loss prediction if we lose these last two games though lol.

On 10/20/2021 at 11:06 AM, crisby pancakes said:

Alway love your optimism but don't see any shocking of the world happening. I'm going for a 21-61 record this season.

Hoping for a fast paced playstyle though after being subjected to Cliffords sleep inducing play of the last few years. If the guys are fun to watch and give 100% effort then hopefully that can help stomach all the losses that are about to occur.

46 minutes ago, JJZFL said:

I like to have realistic discussions.  A lot of people were saying we’d be better than everyone thinks this season during the past summer.  How did that prediction work out?   Realistic takes are what ultimately lead to improvement.  At some point fans need to pressure management to start actually building a team.  

You fail to factor in all the injuries we had this year. We have a healthy roster and we wouldn’t be the worse team in the league simple as that. I do agree we have been mismanaged but we have plenty of young promising talent to be excited about. I think we can make the play in tournament next year if everyone stays healthy. 

• Upvote 1