All Eyes On Me

2021-2022 Orlando Magic Season Thread… Let’s Goo!!!

3 hours ago, The Neighborhood Bully said:

I doubt he gets a big offer.  Ayton and Mitchell Robinson are also restricted free agents, and Jurkic, Ibaka, Cousins, McGee, Drummond, and Bryant are unrestricted.

There aren't that many teams projected to have cap space this year...Pistons, Spurs, Pacers, Blazers and us.  I could see one of them offering the $10M MLE, and I would expect us to match.

God please no. Don’t match any offer. I have no patience for any player who doesn’t give 110% percent. If I have to see him half heartedly jog down the court again it better be with a different team’s uniform on his azz. 

19 minutes ago, fan for too long 2 said:

God please no. Don’t match any offer. I have no patience for any player who doesn’t give 110% percent. If I have to see him half heartedly jog down the court again it better be with a different team’s uniform on his azz. 

What's hard is that Mo hasn't been around great vets to push him and hold him accountable. I think he needs that and I'm not sure we'll have that any time soon. The issue has never been an ability issue; it's always been a focus and hustle issue.

1 hour ago, fan for too long 2 said:

If Isaac comes back healthy, and we get one of Smith/Banchero/Holmgren in the draft, he won't get much playing time anyway.  I would match the offer to maintain the asset since the contract can be easily moved.  Could Bamba's $10M contract, Ross' $11M expiring contract, and the Chicago and Denver 1st round picks get us anything decent?

2 hours ago, Soul Bro said:

What's hard is that Mo hasn't been around great vets to push him and hold him accountable. I think he needs that and I'm not sure we'll have that any time soon. The issue has never been an ability issue; it's always been a focus and hustle issue.

This excuse and others have been given to Mo for four years. He either wants to hustle or not. I don’t see that he wants to. We can’t rely on others to motivate him. Four years of waiting for him to change his ways is long enough. And he only has big games against inferior players. Cut bait. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, hootie249 said:

Yeah, Mo is a sell high candidate. If teams see his good play against sub par players as a turnaround, let them take that chance.

He’s not though, he’s literally either a match a crazy deal a team is gonna give him, or not. There’s nothing we can sell really. I guess there’s sign and trade potential there, but I don’t see anybody willing to commit to him long term

2 hours ago, fan for too long 2 said:

This excuse and others have been given to Mo for four years. He either wants to hustle or not. I don’t see that he wants to. We can’t rely on others to motivate him. Four years of waiting for him to change his ways is long enough. And he only has big games against inferior players. Cut bait. 

I’m agreeing in wanting to cut bait. I also won’t be surprised if he does well on a team with more vets (and stable culture) elsewhere.

31 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

I’m agreeing in wanting to cut bait. I also won’t be surprised if he does well on a team with more vets (and stable culture) elsewhere.

The QO for Mo is $10.096M, the MLE is $10.264M. Quite frankly I think either is too much, considering how little consistency he has shown; but is it worth losing an asset?  Nothing to say you have to offer anything close to that as a multi year deal. Would I hate him taking a one-year QO deal, and having to prove he can be consistent now he is finally healthy? I might take a flyer on that, or do a sign & trade if an offer comes along.

3 minutes ago, jmmagicfan said:

The QO for Mo is $10.096M, the MLE is $10.264M. Quite frankly I think either is too much, considering how little consistency he has shown; but is it worth losing an asset?  Nothing to say you have to offer anything close to that as a multi year deal. Would I hate him taking a one-year QO deal, and having to prove he can be consistent now he is finally healthy? I might take a flyer on that, or do a sign & trade if an offer comes along.

Worst part about Mo on the QO is that the 1 year deal would come with a no trade clause.

Looking forward to next season already. We are gonna be like night and day from this season. If we want to be anyway 

7 hours ago, Jay Magic said:

Looking forward to next season already. We are gonna be like night and day from this season. If we want to be anyway 

My friend, I’m afraid you are kidding yourself.  There is absolutely no reason to believe next season will be appreciably different from this one.  

11 minutes ago, JJZFL said:

My friend, I’m afraid you are kidding yourself.  There is absolutely no reason to believe next season will be appreciably different from this one.  

Considering our starters haven't played a single game together, I would say that there is plenty of room for the glass to be half full.