All Eyes On Me

2021-2022 Orlando Magic Season Thread… Let’s Goo!!!

8 minutes ago, JJZFL said:

It’s why I’m projecting another sub 30 win season for next year.  Team is full of holes.  And even our best players aren’t all that good.  

I think that projection is fair

5 minutes ago, JJZFL said:

It’s why I’m projecting another sub 30 win season for next year.  Team is full of holes.  And even our best players aren’t all that good.  

I’m agreeing with you. Write it down. Lol. Sad part of this is that mngt seems ok with it. If they truly want to win they have to make moves, big moves. But they won’t. And we are stuck with hoping the next Dwight falls in our lap. Pathetic billionaires and their money. 

13 minutes ago, fan for too long 2 said:

I’m agreeing with you. Write it down. Lol. Sad part of this is that mngt seems ok with it. If they truly want to win they have to make moves, big moves. But they won’t. And we are stuck with hoping the next Dwight falls in our lap. Pathetic billionaires and their money. 

I see your point, but I don’t wanna see the narrative get skewed that Dwight fell in to our lap. The consensus number one pick for that draft was Emeka Okafor and we got crucified for picking Dwight, nationally and locally. His time here ended poorly and his personality sucks, but I don’t want to discredit the work he put in and the work we did to build around him and help him succeed.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, JJZFL said:

If all we do is run it back without making any moves outside of negligible veteran signings and draft picks, it’s certainly in the realm of possibility. I’m an eternal optimist, and I really think a healthy Markelle in a starter role could be an all-star and make everyone significantly better.

It’s crazy to think that last night was only his 127th career game, so from a game experience standpoint he’s only halfway through his 2nd season. Markelle has only played in 16 more NBA games than Cole and RJ. Wild

• Upvote 1

I mostly agree and feel the same Soul, we need a lot of improvement with every single player indivudually (I hope they'll be hard workers in the summer) and as a team.

So next question is: do we have the right coaching staff to accomplish that?

This group developed a few bad habits during the season. I hope that a healthy Fultz with no minute limitation will stead the ship, putting the rest of the PG in different roles. Cole need to improve big time his shot selection, but that is on coaches mostly. I still see him as a VanVleet type of role off the bench, but he has a long way to go to reach that level.

2 hours ago, All Eyes On Me said:

If all we do is run it back without making any moves outside of negligible veteran signings and draft picks, it’s certainly in the realm of possibility. I’m an eternal optimist, and I really think a healthy Markelle in a starter role could be an all-star and make everyone significantly better.

It’s crazy to think that last night was only his 127th career game, so from a game experience standpoint he’s only halfway through his 2nd season. Markelle has only played in 16 more NBA games than Cole and RJ. Wild

I think if we could have a full season with all of our best players we would be surprised at the number of wins. Unfortunately our debatable best player is injury prone, our starting PG was out most of the season, and our potential starters haven't even played a single game together. What team could possibly be successful with those stats?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

As we close another clearly disappointing season, I just wanna say thank you from the moderator end. We’re not so objectively bad and when that happens tempers can flare and conversations can get nasty, and I’m grateful to the board for not letting it get that way and keeping differing opinions respectful.

The Magic fanbase is hard to explain. It’s literally a part of me that I’ll never be able to get rid of, no matter how maddening the management can be and it’s great to have a haven to discuss ball, even if it’s how bad we are and how long will we be bad. So thank you everybody. Here’s to a strong off-season and hopefully a steering of the ship back around in the right direction.

Cheers!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 6

23 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

As we close another clearly disappointing season, I just wanna say thank you from the moderator end. We’re not so objectively bad and when that happens tempers can flare and conversations can get nasty, and I’m grateful to the board for not letting it get that way and keeping differing opinions respectful.

The Magic fanbase is hard to explain. It’s literally a part of me that I’ll never be able to get rid of, no matter how maddening the management can be and it’s great to have a haven to discuss ball, even if it’s how bad we are and how long will we be bad. So thank you everybody. Here’s to a strong off-season and hopefully a steering of the ship back around in the right direction.

Cheers!

Amen and well said!

Here’s a real question: Mo Bamba is playing very well the last couple of games and its potential is clearly high while he’s showing a lot of effort.

Should we match any offer for him or do we think he will regress back to his norm once a contract isn’t on the line? I imagine someone’s going to give him a very large check that we will have a right to match. You don’t find very many 7’1” guys with a 7’10” wingspan that is has young as he is and shoots 3’s at a rate he has the last 10-15 games…

35 minutes ago, TreyMachine said:

Here’s a real question: Mo Bamba is playing very well the last couple of games and its potential is clearly high while he’s showing a lot of effort.

Should we match any offer for him or do we think he will regress back to his norm once a contract isn’t on the line? I imagine someone’s going to give him a very large check that we will have a right to match. You don’t find very many 7’1” guys with a 7’10” wingspan that is has young as he is and shoots 3’s at a rate he has the last 10-15 games…

I doubt we match a big offer.

On 4/4/2022 at 5:54 PM, All Eyes On Me said:

Cheers!

Unfortunately "The Team / Team Executives" record hasn't helped too much.

32 Seasons - 16 Playoffs Appearances - 0 Championships ( 2 Finals Appearances)

During the last 10 seasons: 3 Playoffs Appearances and ZERO Playoffs wins - THIS IS BAD, REALLY BAD !!!!

OVERALL, in those 32 seasons, the team has won 9 playoffs rounds. Six of those wins were in the years the team advanced to the Finals, 94/95 & 09/10

Oh Shaq and Penny...we still wonder what would this record be with them, if they would have played  8, 10 , 12 years together WITH THE MAGIC.

2 hours ago, Soul Bro said:

I doubt we match a big offer.

I doubt he gets a big offer.  Ayton and Mitchell Robinson are also restricted free agents, and Jurkic, Ibaka, Cousins, McGee, Drummond, and Bryant are unrestricted.

There aren't that many teams projected to have cap space this year...Pistons, Spurs, Pacers, Blazers and us.  I could see one of them offering the $10M MLE, and I would expect us to match.