All Eyes On Me

2021-2022 Orlando Magic Season Thread… Let’s Goo!!!

6 hours ago, JJZFL said:

Glad you’re ok with this year because the next few years are likely to be similar.  

well it will if we never get "the guy" ... but if we do get our guy there's no reason we shouldn't see some improvement. we haven't acquired a franchise player since dwight

10 hours ago, crisby pancakes said:

Sigh, Isaac has had surgery on his hamstring. Yet another setback in this never ending saga.

Maybe the Exhibit 3 verbiage in his contract isn't what we thought it was. I would have thought we would have activated it by now and cut him loose to save $17.4 million a year. Maybe they feel really strong that he will recover fully and come back next year with a boom...might be worth one more chance for Weham? I have that sinking horrible gut feeling that Issac is always going to be injured like McDyess, Greg Oden situation.

11 hours ago, South_Aussie_Magic said:

well it will if we never get "the guy" ... but if we do get our guy there's no reason we shouldn't see some improvement. we haven't acquired a franchise player since dwight

Waiting for the next Dwight is no way to build a team.  

That Isaac contract look worst every single day. (and to be clear, like I've said a lot of times, I love JI and what he does when he plays, I just don't love management decisions)

Also surprised there were so little reaction to the news.

1 hour ago, Luke_FfS said:

That Isaac contract look worst every single day. (and to be clear, like I've said a lot of times, I love JI and what he does when he plays, I just don't love management decisions)

Also surprised there were so little reaction to the news.

Because none of us were really all that surprised - people have been speculating for a while that something set him back and we wouldn't see JI this year at all. 

I posted this question to David Steele 3 years ago on his twitter for "is this anything"

Which NBA team since 1989 has the most players with a career scoring night against them? It could probably be worded better, but i have been wondering if the Orlando Magic are in the top of that category. I wonder how easy it would be to find, and it would be a deep dive. Kyrie and Sadiq Bey are just the most recent examples of that. I think we have 5 players alone this year have career highs in scoring against us.

Edit: Wrong Thread

• Like 1

G0wagb.jpg MAGIC FANS (A Back-To-Back)

Magic At Thunder 

~WEDNESDAY NIGHT~

Wednesday, March 23rd at 8:00 P.M., EST
Paycom Center - Oklahoma City, OK
TV:  Bally Sports FL

LSwWtl.png

BE THERE. Don't Leave Us Hanging!  :)

I have prepared and posted a Game Thread Starter for tonights game against the Thunder--if interested.

G0wagb.jpg MAGIC FANS
 MAGIC AT BULLS 
~MONDAY NIGHT~

Rocket Mortgage FieldHouse - Cleveland, OH
Monday, March 28 at 7:00 P.M. EST
TV:  Bally Sports FL

dX4RmJ.png

BE THERE. Don't Leave Us Hanging!  :)
I have prepared and posted a game thread opener for tonight's game if interested.

Just reflecting on this season. Breaking our guys into three categories, here are my thoughts:

Surprised Me:

1. Franz - Guy looks to be a stud. A versatile two-way forward who is smooth and very developed for his age. Arguably our best player.

2. Wendell - The tone-setter. Dude brings a toughness to the block that we haven’t had since Dwight. Still very young at 22.

3. Markelle - Good to have a real point guard back. Please stay healthy.

4. Gary - A bounce back year for a solid vet. His consistency, poise and shooting were refreshing.

Disappointed Me:

1. Cole - For the second year in a row, he’ll end up shooting below 40% in FGs. Additionally, he’ll finish with a 3PT% of 33% again. Consider me unimpressed. Cole never saw a shot he didn’t like, and he doesn’t seem to know his limitations. I really hope we don’t see him start next year.

2. Jalen - Wow. I may have been wrong with this guy. 36% in FGs and 21% from 3? Those are unplayable numbers. Additionally, playing in only 46 games due to injuries? I love his attacking nature and hustle on defense, but Jalen’s got to work on his shot over the summer.

3. Chuma - Chuma, oh Chuma. You were supposed to be that quiet, cool kid who took that leap now that AG’s gone… only you didn’t. Not sure what we have here.

4. Terrence - What happened to your shot? You’re too established to produce like this.

5. RJ - I just don’t see any consistency here. Great body but lower bb iq. Bench energy guy?

Inconclusive:

1 Mo B - Great shot but other elements are still missing.

2. Mo W - Great hustle but clear limitations.

Conclusion:

As much as it pains me to admit it, the only guys I’m really excited to see next year are Franz, Wendell and Markelle. I’m not writing the other guys off, I just see huge areas that need improvement. How about you guys?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Soul Bro said:

Just reflecting on this season. Breaking our guys into three categories, here are my thoughts:

Surprised Me:

1. Franz - Guy looks to be a stud. A versatile two-way forward who is smooth and very developed for his age. Arguably our best player.

2. Wendell - The tone-setter. Dude brings a toughness to the block that we haven’t had since Dwight. Still very young at 22.

4. Gary - A bounce back year for a solid vet. His consistency, poise and shooting were refreshing.

Disappointed Me:

1. Cole - For the second year in a row, he’ll end up shooting below 40% in FGs. Additionally, he’ll finish with a 3PT% of 33% again. Consider me unimpressed. Cole never saw a shot he didn’t like, and he doesn’t seem to know his limitations. I really hope we don’t see him start next year.

2. Jalen - Wow. I may have been wrong with this guy. 36% in FGs and 21% from 3? Those are unplayable numbers. Additionally, playing in only 46 games due to injuries? I love his attacking nature and hustle on defense, but Jalen’s got to work on his shot over the summer.

3. Chuma - Chuma, oh Chuma. You were supposed to be that quiet, cool kid who took that leap now that AG’s gone… only you didn’t. Not sure what we have here.

4. Terrence - What happened to your shot? You’re too established to produce like this.

5. RJ - I just don’t see any consistency here. Great body but lower bb iq. Bench energy guy?

Inconclusive:

Conclusion:

As much as it pains me to admit it, the only guys I’m really excited to see next year are Franz, Wendell and Markelle. I’m not writing the other guys off, I just see huge areas that need improvement. How about you guys?

I mostly agree with you. I will say that Chuma has impressed me on the defensive end, he’s got good reflexes and hands, but his shot is streaky at best and if it’s not falling we’re playing 4 on 5 on offense. If RJ isn’t careful he’s gonna wind up back overseas. He’s among the worst on the team in Offensive and Defensive rating. Also, I think I’d put Moe Wagner more in the “impressed me” category, his hustle is infectious and I’d be happy to see him back next year.

I think the 4 and the 2 are our biggest positional needs to focus on in free agency and the draft. Would welcome GH back with open arms and it’s time to move on from Terrence.

And lastly, the elephant in the room. I don’t have Isaac in any projection of next year’s lineup and he and his situation are head and shoulders above everyone else in the disappointed me category, personally. I have to see it to believe he’ll ever be an effective NBA player again. If somebody gave us a way out this summer, I’d be tempted to jump on it.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Soul Bro said:

Surprised Me:

Disappointed Me:

Inconclusive:

Conclusion:

It’s why I’m projecting another sub 30 win season for next year.  Team is full of holes.  And even our best players aren’t all that good.