All Eyes On Me

2021-2022 Orlando Magic Season Thread… Let’s Goo!!!

110Cv8.jpg        HEADS UP - MAGIC FANS!

~FRIDAY NIGHT~

RAPTORS VS MAGIC 

Friday, March 4th at 7:30 P.M., EST
ScotiaBank Arena - Toronto, CA
TV:  Bally Sports FL

BE THERE. Don't Leave Us Hanging!  :)
I have prepared a game thread opener for tomorrow nights game--if interested. I will post it tomorrow morning.
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, TrueMagicFan07 said:
110Cv8.jpg        HEADS UP - MAGIC FANS!

~FRIDAY NIGHT~

RAPTORS VS MAGIC 

Friday, March 4th at 7:30 P.M., EST
ScotiaBank Arena - Toronto, CA

I have prepared a game thread opener for tomorrow nights game--if interested. I will post it tomorrow morning.

WHAT A CLUTCH SHOT !!!!  

Magic - Rptors Game 1.jpg

Zach Lowe’s latest:

”He's up to 32% from deep after a frigid start, and that catch-and-shoot 3 is the skeleton key to unlocking a pretty creative off-the-bounce game. Over the last six weeks, Okeke has drained 41% on almost six 3-point attempts per game. Since Jan. 15, the Magic have blitzed opponents by 57 points in 102 minutes with the intriguing Okeke-Franz Wagner-Wendell Carter Jr. frontcourt -- a look they don't get to as much as they should. (Carter has had a very solid, under-the-radar season.)

For the season, the Magic are plus-4 per 100 possessions with that trio. Okeke was drafted in 2019, but this is really only his second season after he redshirted his rookie year; he hasn't even logged 100 games. Wagner is really good. If Okeke can find a consistent stroke, they make for a switchable, high-IQ pairing at the forward spots.”

https://www.espn.com/nba/insider/story/_/id/33414881/zach-lowe-10-nba-things-ignore-rudy-gobert-your-peril-one-critical-ingredient-boston-juggernaut-rise

1 hour ago, Soul Bro said:

Zach Lowe’s latest:

”He's up to 32% from deep after a frigid start, and that catch-and-shoot 3 is the skeleton key to unlocking a pretty creative off-the-bounce game. Over the last six weeks, Okeke has drained 41% on almost six 3-point attempts per game. Since Jan. 15, the Magic have blitzed opponents by 57 points in 102 minutes with the intriguing Okeke-Franz Wagner-Wendell Carter Jr. frontcourt -- a look they don't get to as much as they should. (Carter has had a very solid, under-the-radar season.)

For the season, the Magic are plus-4 per 100 possessions with that trio. Okeke was drafted in 2019, but this is really only his second season after he redshirted his rookie year; he hasn't even logged 100 games. Wagner is really good. If Okeke can find a consistent stroke, they make for a switchable, high-IQ pairing at the forward spots.”

https://www.espn.com/nba/insider/story/_/id/33414881/zach-lowe-10-nba-things-ignore-rudy-gobert-your-peril-one-critical-ingredient-boston-juggernaut-rise

Simply put I just love Chumas's game. Defensively....he, JI, Jalen and Franz have the potential to be in the All NBA Defensive teams year (if healthy) after year.

The Magic are coming my friends.....the Magic are coming !!!!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

sGESyh.png      HEADS UP - MAGIC FANS!

(Back-To- Back)
~SATURDAY NIGHT~
GRIZZLIES VS MAGIC
FedEx Forum - Memphis, TN
Saturday, March 5th at 8:00 P.M. Est

I have prepared a game thread opener for tomorrow nights game--if interested. I will post it tomorrow.
  • Upvote 1

cW4Jxr.jpg     ANNOUNCING RETIREMENT

TO:  MY TRUE BLUE NATION MESSAGE BOARD MEMBERS AND MAGIC FANS

Reluctantly, I have decided to retire (again) from preparing and posting Game Thread Starters. The participation (in game threads) on the TBN message board has pretty much faded to the point that a dedicated game thread starter is pretty much not needed. Soul Bro stickied a general game thread at the beginning of the season. 

I am not a member and do not post in the Orlando Magic RealGM forum. But I checked it out the last 2 games, and I see that lots of Magic fans have gone over to that message board, and that's fine with me. I know that it is not a contest. Preparing the game thread starters were fun--I enjoyed doing them.

On Saturday night's game, March 5th, against the Grizzlies, the number of replies and views were as follows:

TBN Game Thread:   6 replies and 138 views.

The RealGM Game Thread:   131 + 1 replies and 676 views

As I said, I'm okay with that. I'm not going anywhere. I will continue to watch the games and read comments.

GO MAGIC!  xKsMgJ.png

• Like 2

10 hours ago, TrueMagicFan07 said:

cW4Jxr.jpg     ANNOUNCING RETIREMENT

TO:  MY TRUE BLUE NATION MESSAGE BOARD MEMBERS AND MAGIC FANS

Reluctantly, I have decided to retire (again) from preparing and posting Game Thread Starters. The participation (in game threads) on the TBN message board has pretty much faded to the point that a dedicated game thread starter is pretty much not needed. Soul Bro stickied a general game thread at the beginning of the season. 

I am not a member and do not post in the Orlando Magic RealGM forum. But I checked it out the last 2 games, and I see that lots of Magic fans have gone over to that message board, and that's fine with me. I know that it is not a contest. Preparing the game thread starters were fun--I enjoyed doing them.

On Saturday night's game, March 5th, against the Grizzlies, the number of replies and views were as follows:

TBN Game Thread:   6 replies and 138 views.

The RealGM Game Thread:   131 + 1 replies and 676 views

As I said, I'm okay with that. I'm not going anywhere. I will continue to watch the games and read comments.

GO MAGIC!  xKsMgJ.png

Thanks TMF, I appreciate all the work you’ve put in. This has been a hard year for the team and fanbase and just there’s not a lot of buzz right now. Hopefully in the near future we start to improve and traffic picks back up. Right now we’re a team that generates a lot more excitement in the team building aspects of the year (combine, draft, trade deadline).

Thanks TMF, you are a very talented game thread starter, it will be missed. If we ever become relevant again as a franchise, people will pay attention again. Hopefully you will return. If not, happy trails. Freedom over fear!

peace, Jeff 

49 minutes ago, fan for too long 2 said:

Thanks TMF, you are a very talented game thread starter, it will be missed. If we ever become relevant again as a franchise, people will pay attention again. Hopefully you will return. If not, happy trails. Freedom over fear!

peace, Jeff 

Thanks, fan/Jeff. I am not leaving the TBN forum, I just think that there is not enough posting in the game thread starters I have been designing. I will still read the other threads on this board,  and during the Magics' games I will probably post a comment or 2 in the general game thread that Soul Bro posted and stickied at the beginning of the season. I am a diehard Magic fan since 1989.

A Magic 'till the end, Ruth  

Jb9sB4.jpg

Does anyone know why RealGM gets so many more hits? Maybe True Blue, without being easily accessible on the Magic’s webpage, is one of those reasons? I remember seeing Real GM years ago and made the conscious decision to stay here, though it feels like I’m choosing MySpace over Facebook some days. Lol

2 hours ago, TreyMachine said:

Does anyone know why RealGM gets so many more hits? Maybe True Blue, without being easily accessible on the Magic’s webpage, is one of those reasons? I remember seeing Real GM years ago and made the conscious decision to stay here, though it feels like I’m choosing MySpace over Facebook some days. Lol

I think it has more to do with RealGM having more versatility reaching a larger audience. Those forums have multiple sports, every team for said sport, along with tools such as trade machines/ salary info where as TBN is just a message board for one team. 

Can’t remember how I stumbled across these boards but if the link was posted somewhere on the team site it would definitely be beneficial. 

Coming from someone who lurks these forums daily, and RealGM every few days so I could be completely off. 

• Like 1