All Eyes On Me

2021-2022 Orlando Magic Season Thread… Let’s Goo!!!

“No expectation either way, we’re trying to keep Jonathan ready physically, keeping Jonathan ready mentally.” 

"He’s committed to the medical staff and they’re committed to him."

-Magic GM John Hammond on In The Zone w/ @BrandonKravitz on if we can expect to see JI this season.

Via Twitter

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jay Magic said:

“No expectation either way, we’re trying to keep Jonathan ready physically, keeping Jonathan ready mentally.” 

-Magic GM John Hammond on In The Zone w/ @BrandonKravitz on if we can expect to see JI this season.

Via Twitter

Captain Vague struck again. This guy should have been a politician. 

1 hour ago, Jay Magic said:

Via Twitter

It's like he's using a empty-answers generator over and over.

2 hours ago, Jay Magic said:

Via Twitter

No expectation either way for a guy that’s 18 months post surgery for an injury that takes 9-12 months to heal.

wIyDEE.jpg                  MAGIC AND PACERS (MEET AGAIN!)
~WEDNESDAY NIGHT~

MAGIC VS PACERS 

Wednesday, March 2 at 7:00 P.M., EST
Amway Center - Orlando, FL
TV:  Bally Sports FL

dX4RmJ.png

BE THERE. Don't Leave Us Hanging!  :)
I have prepared a game thread opener for tomorrow nights game--if interested. I will post it tomorrow afternoon.
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3

14 hours ago, All Eyes On Me said:

No expectation either way for a guy that’s 18 months post surgery for an injury that takes 9-12 months to heal.

I think at this point they just know he is damaged goods. No way to put a positive spin on that. Remember how vague they were about Aminu's knee injury. That guy never looked the same again. It makes me sad, but like others have said, i doubt we see him play again till next year.

4 minutes ago, hootie249 said:

I think at this point they just know he is damaged goods. No way to put a positive spin on that. Remember how vague they were about Aminu's knee injury. That guy never looked the same again. It makes me sad, but like others have said, i doubt we see him play again till next year.

Oh 100%. We have 20 games left and he still hasn’t been cleared for contact. There’s a 0% chance he plays this season. We’ll just have  to see if he’s ready by training camp at this point.

1 hour ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Oh 100%. We have 20 games left and he still hasn’t been cleared for contact. There’s a 0% chance he plays this season. We’ll just have  to see if he’s ready by training camp at this point.

As with Markelle being incorporated to the backcourt squad, I'd think that the FO would like to see JI play with the frontcourt squad....I think there is a slight chance we see him.

Although I'm pretty sure they watch practices...and already have a good idea of him playing along the current assets they have.

However, for JI the player himself, as it happened with Markelle, the most important thing is to play in some games this year to re-calibrate his mindset for the off-season and next one.

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Albert Lergier said:

As with Markelle being incorporated to the backcourt squad, I'd think that the FO would like to see JI play with the frontcourt squad....I think there is a slight chance we see him.

Although I'm pretty sure they watch practices...and already have a good idea of him playing along the current assets they have.

However, for JI the player himself, as it happened with Markelle, the most important thing is to play in some games this year to re-calibrate his mindset for the off-season and next one.

I don’t disagree with you. There’s a ton of reasons why JI should play this year, I just don’t think he will.

Markelle supposedly was cleared for contact and practiced with the team for over a month before he returned.

Isaac still hasn’t been cleared for contact and there’s no way he would have an easier path back than that. I think there just isn’t enough time left in the season to get him healthy and bring him backS

Something I noticed tonight throughout the 4th and OT:

• Suggs was the go-to PG whenever Indiana scored. When both were around, other players looked for Suggs over Cole. 
  • Starting midway through the 4th (when I started counting), Suggs passed to Cole twice. Cole never passed to Suggs. 10 minutes of play at least. 

I'm not saying this is something, but I don't think it isn't something either. If you watched the game (and many other games this season), you know Cole loves playing hero ball and doesn't necessarily get his teammates involved well, and I think that's starting to show with how his teammates react to him on the court, especially when it's apparent only one of Cole/Suggs will be starting next year next to Markelle.

• Like 1