All Eyes On Me

2021-2022 Orlando Magic Season Thread… Let’s Goo!!!

1 hour ago, The Neighborhood Bully said:

gonna be interesting to see how 96 minutes get split between Anthony, Suggs, Harris, Fultz, and Hampton...someone won't be happy

Once Kelle is fully back and off his minute restriction (which might not happen at all over 20 games) I’d guess we’d shut down Ross for the season. Also in this era of basketball, all of those guys you mentioned can play any of the 3 wing positions, especially RJ and GH. So it’s really 144 minutes to be split. Don’t let Steve Clifford and antiquated forcing of 1-5 position basketball hurt you anymore.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, fan for too long 2 said:

Called it. Look for Isaac soon too

I’m quite confident JI isn’t playing a game this season. Fultz has been practicing in full for about a month now before we cleared him, if Isaac had returned to full practice we’d have known about it by now. 

I doubt we’ll ever have transparency into the setback that caused a torn ACL to be an injury that kept a player out for over 2 full calendar years in this era of sports medicine, but the Isaac situation and the secrecy of the team about it is a major blemish on the franchise.

3 hours ago, All Eyes On Me said:

I’m quite confident JI isn’t playing a game this season. Fultz has been practicing in full for about a month now before we cleared him, if Isaac had returned to full practice we’d have known about it by now. 

I doubt we’ll ever have transparency into the setback that caused a torn ACL to be an injury that kept a player out for over 2 full calendar years in this era of sports medicine, but the Isaac situation and the secrecy of the team about it is a major blemish on the franchise.

Knowing that Isaac has some specific thoughts about his medical rights, ie vaccines, I wonder if that extends to his rehab, and if he has refused to let the team discuss his medical issues? It is still his body, and HIPAA laws probably give him a lot of input on when and what information the team can release. It may just be management holding back; but there could be reservations from Isaac (and Fultz); they both have had some pretty ugly press over their short careers.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, harryfromphilly said:

OK, I just gotta say, after all of the complaining about not getting health

updates... i am surprised that there is not more discussion now that we

have had 2

Too little too f ing late. Ownership doesn’t give a dam about the fans, why should the fans give a dam now. 

• Like 1

G0wagb.jpg MAGIC FANS (COME ON BACK!)  zw1zSS.png

MAGIC VS PACERS 

Monday, February 28 at 7:00 P.M., EST
Amway Center - Orlando, FL
TV:  Bally Sports FL

dX4RmJ.png

BE THERE. Don't Leave Us Hanging!  :)

There has not been an official game thread opener since the NFL playoffs and the Super Bowl. I figured a lot of NBA fans were more interested in watching the final games of the NFL.

I checked out the Orlando Magic RealGM Forum yesterday, and there is a lot of participation and conversation going on there.

The last time I posted a game thread opener in the TBN forum it was January 12, and Chosen12 was the only participant to post one comment.

I hope to revive the game thread in our TrueBlueNation forum.

I have prepared a game thread opener for tomorrow nights game to welcome back Markelle--if interested. I will post it tomorrow morning.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

1 hour ago, TrueMagicFan07 said:

MAGIC VS PACERS 

dX4RmJ.png

There has not been an official game thread opener since the NFL playoffs and the Super Bowl. I figured a lot of NBA fans were more interested in watching the final games of the NFL.

I checked out the Orlando Magic RealGM Forum yesterday, and there is a lot of participation and conversation going on there.

The last time I posted a game thread opener in the TBN forum it was January 12, and Chosen12 was the only participant to post one comment.

I have prepared a game thread opener for tomorrow nights game to welcome back Markelle--if interested. I will post it tomorrow morning.

Welcome back, TMF ❤️ 

On 2/25/2022 at 12:53 AM, hootie249 said:

It's almost like the guys making the decisions don't even watch basketball. How did the Knicks G.M. and coach make these decisions? Did the G.M. even ask the coach? Did Thibs not watch film or even get to say no deal? NBA has some of the strangest signings and trades i've ever seen the last few years. I guess it was always like this, we just read more about it. I mean, everybody knew that Westbrook would not work in L.A. Fans knew it, talk show hosts, radio guys, reddit forums etc. It still happened!

If i was a Gm these days i think i would secretly be on every fan forum i could find. Not for all the correct moves to make, just for the feedback. Forum readers ask for ridiculous trades and drafts too, but i find one thing in common. The worst moves are almost always universally panned. Like i would just throw up a draft pick or trade idea and just let the forum debate it six ways till Sunday. If i'm on 4 or 5 forums and most hate the idea i'm definitley second guessing it at least.  

Edit. Notice i didn't bash Evan. I'm over that era of the Magic, on to the new Era. This team was full of Role players and one dimensional types. It's astounding how mediocre our starters were but even worse was our depth. Since the day Dwight left we get absolute trash to fill out the bench. We don't use second round picks, we don't develop 10 day contract guys or take chances on young misfits from other teams. Even the Kings have tried harder in this area then the Magic, yes they have failed but C'mon! 

Serious question for fans here. Who has been the most impactful free agent the Magic have signed since Rashard Lewis? I know we haven't signed any stars since Lewis but cheap guys count. Who? 

I honestly feel like people on the outside of the Knicks bubble don't realise or believe how bad things are until they get in there and feel the fire for themselves. I imagine working for Dolan would be like constantly having your *ahem* manhood in a vice at his mercy. Working for them being a massive double edged sword. If you succeed in spite of the organisational toxicity, you'd be a hero. But if you fail... well, your value for anything in the future is tanked.. Leon Rose probably felt at the top of the world last year but may be going insane at this point.

Not going to say you're wrong either Babir, the Knicks would be rotten from the ground up especially.

13 hours ago, TrueMagicFan07 said:

MAGIC VS PACERS 

dX4RmJ.png

Welcome back, TMF! We've missed you! 

9 hours ago, Jay Magic said:

WOWWWWWWWW

This draft of Williamson over Morant feels a lot like when Portland drafted Greg Oden #1 over Kevin Durant at #2 - a big man with a lot of promise never living up to it due to health issues while the offensive weapon of the draft blossomed into an all-time great. 

• Like 1