All Eyes On Me

2021-2022 Orlando Magic Season Thread… Let’s Goo!!!

On 1/20/2022 at 4:51 PM, MagicTurk said:

Yes same here. I want to see what Cole does off the bench with Ross, but also want to see Ross moved to see what younger guys can do. If we got Harris back on a lesser Ross like deal, that would be great, I feel like the Kings, Raps, Wolves, Pels, Hawks or Knicks could jack up the price for Harris. Maybe our competition. Cole's had some monster game this year, but it looks like since he's gotten back from injury (maybe was happening before that) that he's negatively effecting the progress of team mates when he's on the floor. If that continues you have to bench him. 

The NFL and NBA are very different when it comes to development. We can look at the Jags at QB and see Lawrence making improvement, it only take a season and a half to evaluate whether this guy is making enough improvements to be a franchise cornerstone. In the NBA because the season is so long you have inconsistent performances and injuries that push that development out for years.It can take 3 years before we know if a guy is worth moving forward with. Even with Bamba's 32 yesterday, I think we've seen enough inconsistencies to know this guy has an attitude with being a backup and hasn't put the work in to be a reliable cornerstone. RJ we're still evaluating, I'm not ready to give up on him, but I think he is gone here. I think Chuma is another one that you resign for the right price, but don't care enough to match if someone outbids you in Restricted Free Agency. For me it's Suggs, Fran, WCJr as the core and hopefully Fultz and Issac can compliment that into something special.  

In my humble opinion, you don't have to wait years to understand a guy's potential. You can basically see it in six months to a year.

On 1/26/2022 at 11:23 AM, JackRussel said:

In my humble opinion, you don't have to wait years to understand a guy's potential. You can basically see it in six months to a year.

Sometimes more patience is needed, but coaches has also a lot more info than us to judge.

On another note, Knicks already unhappy with Fournier? What a surprise!

On 1/26/2022 at 10:23 AM, JackRussel said:

Counter point: Rookie Dirk. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Luke_FfS said:

On another note, Knicks already unhappy with Fournier? What a surprise!

So glad we didn't re-sign him. WeltHam get a lot of credit from me for moving on from Evan to Franz. 

Third game of the season against the Pistons tonight. We can't lose again, they're one of the few teams in our tier...

I was thinking we are at the end of January and Mosley keeps playing with his super-big starting 5. Well, perhaps tonight Isaiah Stewart (he is 6'9 and he is not the most skilled player of the world) can be guarded just by Wendell and we can bring another guy into the early rotation. Just saying.

2 hours ago, Phil4Real said:

Third game of the season against the Pistons tonight. We can't lose again, they're one of the few teams in our tier...

I was thinking we are at the end of January and Mosley keeps playing with his super-big starting 5. Well, perhaps tonight Isaiah Stewart (he is 6'9 and he is not the most skilled player of the world) can be guarded just by Wendell and we can bring another guy into the early rotation. Just saying.

I'd rather beat them out for ping pong balls. They pipped us last year.

On the note of Stewart... maybe not skilled but he is clever and "beefy" right? Not sure going small with him around is guaranteeing good news

16 hours ago, Soul Bro said:

So glad we didn't re-sign him. WeltHam get a lot of credit from me for moving on from Evan to Franz. 

Credit for what? Waiting too much to trade him, and then getting almost nothing for him when he had at least value as an expiring contract?

I don't see any master move there. Not resigning him was only logical.

16 hours ago, Soul Bro said:

It was the Vuc trade that landed us the Chicago pick in last years draft, although imo it was necessary as we needed to have some direction as a franchise (even if some don't agree with the direction)

2 hours ago, Luke_FfS said:

Credit for what? Waiting too much to trade him, and then getting almost nothing for him when he had at least value as an expiring contract?

I don't see any master move there. Not resigning him was only logical.

Evan had a great year last year averaging 19pts on 46% and 38%. Many on here wanted to re-sign him. And I think WeltHam got what they could. We still have his massive TE though I’d be surprised if we use it.

2 hours ago, Soul Bro said:

Evan had a great year last year averaging 19pts on 46% and 38%. Many on here wanted to re-sign him. And I think WeltHam got what they could. We still have his massive TE though I’d be surprised if we use it.

Still a few seasons too late! :P