All Eyes On Me

2021-2022 Orlando Magic Season Thread… Let’s Goo!!!

48 minutes ago, JayMac said:

My condolences TMF. Sending love to you and your family in these hard moments. Stay strong.

Thanks, JayMac. I appreciate the pouring out of love and prayers from my fellow TBN message board members. It's what keeps me going. I love all of you.  sA9rM4.png

6 hours ago, Soul Bro said:

I’m so sorry for your loss, TMF. Love and prayers…

Thank you, Soul Bro. Right now I'm in tears. Of course I'm deeply saddened by the devastating and sudden loss of my brother, but the tears are also for the outpouring of love and prayers from my fellow TBN message board members. I truly feel the love.

sA9rM4.png

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, TrueMagicFan07 said:

This is off topic, but I received disturbing news today that my brother passed away last night from Covid. He was in that nursing home in New Jersey that most of you heard about in the news (without naming the place). I had been working hard every day since September, 2021, trying to get him out of there after he was moved to that nursing home 248 miles away from a hospital in Rochester NY where he and his wife lived for 20 years.. The hospital claimed they could not find a nursing home near Rochester that had a bed for him. I am devastated and heart broken. 

Every year when I would go to my vacation home in Maryland, I would travel to Rochester to visit my brother and his wife twice a year, but because of the pandemic I have not been able to go there the past two years. I alone will be making arrangements to have his body transported back to Daytona Beach, where we were born and raised, for burial.

I had already prepared a game thread opener for tomorrow night's game against the Wizards--Jan. 12th. I will post it tomorrow morning.

Terrible. Sincere condolences to you and your family.  

1 hour ago, South_Aussie_Magic said:

Condolences TMF :(

Another reminder for the rest of us what is important and how vulnerable many truly are.

Thank you so much, South_Aussie. I truly appreciate your showing how much you care. It means so much to me, and the sentence you wrote is so true.

sA9rM4.png

14 minutes ago, JJZFL said:

Terrible. Sincere condolences to you and your family.  

Thank you so much, JJZFL. It has been really comforting to hear from you and other fellow participants on this message board. Your kindness will never be forgotten.  

sA9rM4.png

52 minutes ago, Babir_9 said:

Knicks with the steal…really hoped to get Reddish :(

Me too. Looking at the trade and based on further “details” from Woj that ATL were looking for a pick or a young player in return for Reddish, I can’t avoid the disappointment of feeling that we’re once again too passive in the market and not taking a flier, especially in out current context…

After a trade is made, and as a fan, it’s instinctive to wonder “what if…”, and I would have easily given Hampton or Bamba to get Reddish…

But too late now, let’s move on…

24 minutes ago, JayMac said:

Me too. Looking at the trade and based on further “details” from Woj that ATL were looking for a pick or a young player in return for Reddish, I can’t avoid the disappointment of feeling that we’re once again too passive in the market and not taking a flier, especially in out current context…

After a trade is made, and as a fan, it’s instinctive to wonder “what if…”, and I would have easily given Hampton or Bamba to get Reddish…

But too late now, let’s move on…

After talking about Reddish on a previous post, i wish we took a flier on him. However, in the current timeline it can be noted that management probably does not want to commit to any real payroll decisions this next offseason. As disappointing as this sounds i would think they don't want to have to make any decisions to extend anyone this summer. I would think they want to kick the can down the road to 2023. Still, if we don't make a trade to get either a draft pick(possibly with a bad salary for one year) or a young player we don't have to extend for a couple years, i will be disappointed.

1 hour ago, hootie249 said:

After talking about Reddish on a previous post, i wish we took a flier on him. However, in the current timeline it can be noted that management probably does not want to commit to any real payroll decisions this next offseason. As disappointing as this sounds i would think they don't want to have to make any decisions to extend anyone this summer. I would think they want to kick the can down the road to 2023. Still, if we don't make a trade to get either a draft pick(possibly with a bad salary for one year) or a young player we don't have to extend for a couple years, i will be disappointed.

If this is actually true, then trading Bamba is even more pressing, because we just let another opportunity pass…

Also, Reddish contract runs until the end of 2022/23 season, option exercised last October, so there is nothing forcing an extension this summer.

17 hours ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

I screamed when I saw this. THAT was the price??

Why didn’t we make an offer twice as good?

Evaluating again. We don't know still as far as we go without Isaac and Fultz. :(