All Eyes On Me

2021-2022 Orlando Magic Season Thread… Let’s Goo!!!

3 hours ago, TreyMachine said:

I actually haven't given up on Mo Bamba yet. You can't teach 7'1" with a 7'10" wingspan and touch. I think WCJ is a more complete player but I'm extending Mo if the price is right.

RJ, on the other hand, there are many players like him. Sure, he's athletic, but he's not THAT much more athletic than other guys and just doesn't have a Bball IQ and is incredibly streaky. I would take someone like Seth Curry (whom we had as a 3rd stringer btw in case anyone forgot) who is undersized but plays smart and hits open shots.

I just think RJ is more easily replaceable than Bamba, whom has shown flashes and is known to be pretty intelligent. I think can become something more if given time. The man is only 23. My feeling is the price will be too high. 

i think we could package ross or harris, with bamba and hampton (maybe a 1st) for a superstar. I'm not saying the person specifically but someone like KAT, looking for new opporutinty, that is a pretty good haul of tantalizing talent with the combo of a solid starter with a future first. Again not saying spec him, but thats what i think might be  available. 

Even Bradley Beal who is a UFA a team might do a Sign and Trade instead of losing for nothing.

2 hours ago, Natesroom said:

i think we could package ross or harris, with bamba and hampton (maybe a 1st) for a superstar. I'm not saying the person specifically but someone like KAT, looking for new opporutinty, that is a pretty good haul of tantalizing talent with the combo of a solid starter with a future first. Again not saying spec him, but thats what i think might be  available. 

Even Bradley Beal who is a UFA a team might do a Sign and Trade instead of losing for nothing.

when Denver packaged Harris, Hampton and a 1st, all they could get was AG

23 minutes ago, The Neighborhood Bully said:

when Denver packaged Harris, Hampton and a 1st, all they could get was AG

True but they had less history to go on. Harris has rounded into almost pre injury form, Hampton is less unknown as to his ability to translate to the NBA. Bamba has picked up significantly more playtime and it has blossomed. We got a Protected 2025 first round pick. I was thinking a 2023 top 4 protected first.

On the tanking subject: only FO could really know if they're into it or not, but in the past the Hammond/Weltman pairing hasn't gone that way, see the evaluation years, and the time they've spent in Milwaukee.

I really hope, for the future of our team, that at some point we'll be able to have a healthy 10 man rotation, and start to envision if the current group of youngsters + Isaac&Fultz could work together well and win a few games, and then start next season in a different note. Even if we are going to lose some spots in the draft... I know it could be costly, but the other option is even worst IMO.

• Upvote 1

Does anyone actually know a timeline when JI and Fultz are going to back? Also I thought Suggs would be back by now but cannot remember his timeline. I would really like to see how this team is fully healed and playing together. 

1 hour ago, s1n1st3r12 said:

Does anyone actually know a timeline when JI and Fultz are going to back? Also I thought Suggs would be back by now but cannot remember his timeline. I would really like to see how this team is fully healed and playing together. 

Suggs broke his thumb on November 30th. Usually timeline on that is 4-6 weeks. We’re just now at the 5 week mark, so he should hopefully be back soon.

As for the other two, your guess is as good as anyone’s, especially on Isaac. I hope Markelle will be back soon because he’s actually practiced with the team somewhat recently. I’m skeptical Isaac suits up at all this season at this point and anyone that tells you different is a bigger optimist than me.

On 1/6/2022 at 7:18 PM, All Eyes On Me said:

Suggs broke his thumb on November 30th. Usually timeline on that is 4-6 weeks. We’re just now at the 5 week mark, so he should hopefully be back soon.

As for the other two, your guess is as good as anyone’s, especially on Isaac. I hope Markelle will be back soon because he’s actually practiced with the team somewhat recently. I’m skeptical Isaac suits up at all this season at this point and anyone that tells you different is a bigger optimist than me.

I think that both of those players are actually healthy. I think this is the teams tanks strategy. I hope, we dont do this next year as well. The last 2 years, we have sat people for extend time for tanking. It is sad to watch. I do hope we get an allstar out of it. I can see franz and cole as allstars. If we can continue to focus on them in the half court. 

I think Isaac not playing has more to do with his not being vaccinated and not because he is still rehabbing.

Magic’s Jonathan Isaac: I’m Not Allowed To Eat With Team

By  Sam Amico  -   October 8, 2021

Magic forward Jonathan Isaac has been open in discussing his decision not to get vaccinated for the coronavirus, and admitted he is already experiencing some difficulties because of it.

“I’m not allowed to go to team functions, or if the team is eating at a restaurant, I can’t eat in the same room as them,” he said in an interview with Allie Beth Stuckey of The Blaze. “To me it just doesn’t logically follow for us then to get on the court together.”

Isaac and other unvaccinated players won’t be able to play in cities with mandates. Nets star guard Kyrie Irving also currently falls under that umbrella.

Link:   https://hoopswire.com/magics-jonathan-isaac-im-not-allowed-to-eat-with-team/

G0wagb.jpg MAGIC FANS (A Back-To-Back)

MAGIC Vs Wizards 

Sunday, January 9th at 6:00 P.M., EST
Amway Center - Orlando, FL
TV:  Bally Sports FL

kTVSmb.png

BE THERE. Don't Leave Us Hanging!  :)

I have prepared a Game Thread Starter, and I will post it between tonight and tomorrow morning.

Off Topic. Penny Hardaway and his Memphis Tigers are playing Cincinnati right now on ABC. I'm looking at Penny and he looks like he could still play. Suit him up with the Magic (short term, that is).   FBdglY.jpg

Edit:  I know, Penny has passed his prime and has bad knees.