All Eyes On Me

2021-2022 Orlando Magic Season Thread… Let’s Goo!!!

On 1/1/2022 at 2:50 PM, TrueMagicFan07 said:

Who's Injured and Who's In Covid-19 Protocol

I was wondering why there was no explanation why so many Magic players were out and for such a long period of time. So, I searched ESPN, and this is a break down of each of those players' situation or status.

***IS SOMEONE ABOUT TO BE TRADED?***

Ww1Rk6.png BJ Johnson and Anthony--only 2 players listed as "out" without an explanation. What does this mean? tYaWx9.png

Orlando Magic Injuries - Source: ESPN

H8fJgc.pngieeaw9.pngIfPfdi.png5S1zsj.pngmGWwN7.png

I really appreciate this. I tune into the games occasionally or just check box scores and I’m floored by how many players I don’t know active for the Magic and how many names are missing. 

17 minutes ago, TreyMachine said:

I really appreciate this. I tune into the games occasionally or just check box scores and I’m floored by how many players I don’t know active for the Magic and how many names are missing. 

Really seems to be in and out on a daily basis right now. I wonder if we have any chance of seeing the full squad by the end of the season.

Any of us left that still hold out hope for Bamba and RJ? Feel like I have seen enough now. They won’t be part of the future I don’t think. RJ stinks, no basketball IQ and Mo has been a disappointment from the start. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, harley said:

Any of us left that still hold out hope for Bamba and RJ? Feel like I have seen enough now. They won’t be part of the future I don’t think. RJ stinks, no basketball IQ and Mo has been a disappointment from the start. 

Hopefully we can attach them to Harris or Ross in future trades…

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, TreyMachine said:

This number is bigger than you think :)

8 hours ago, harley said:

bamba is definitely out, wcj outplayed him in the same position and he's already got the extension that mo didn't. good riddance imo

rj, i don't know, he is super young still and, when focused, can do it all (except shooting). 

for next season I think bamba, ross and brazdeikis, as well as the new g leaguers (except for gravett) should definitely be out of the team

my 2022 team would be, without the new draft picks:

wcj - lopez 

isaac - m. wagner

f. wagner - okeke

anthony - harris - hampton

fultz - suggs - gravett 

then I would BPA with all of our picks. If there is a star or a no brainer just pick it, we definitely need upgrades on EVERY ONE OF THE 5 POSITIONS (even if it's an SF, we could then rotate isaac - franz - wcj on the frontcourt)

39 minutes ago, alwaystragic said:

bamba is definitely out, wcj outplayed him in the same position and he's already got the extension that mo didn't. good riddance imo

rj, i don't know, he is super young still and, when focused, can do it all (except shooting). 

for next season I think bamba, ross and brazdeikis, as well as the new g leaguers (except for gravett) should definitely be out of the team

my 2022 team would be, without the new draft picks:

wcj - lopez 

isaac - m. wagner

f. wagner - okeke

anthony - harris - hampton

fultz - suggs - gravett 

then I would BPA with all of our picks. If there is a star or a no brainer just pick it, we definitely need upgrades on EVERY ONE OF THE 5 POSITIONS (even if it's an SF, we could then rotate isaac - franz - wcj on the frontcourt)

Harris is an expiring contract and probably won't be back next year

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, Luke_FfS said:

Not even when he was resting, or simply out of that game? Foul trouble? Tactical playoff lineup? I mean, we literally never saw them together, I can remember only one game maybe...  but surely not enough data for having some kind of advanced stat, or eye result. Even Lowe was sceaming for that...
That's terrible management and self-killing options/combinations that could possibly work, IMO.

I love Birch, he's a great team guy that works his --- off. But he was the one getting the most of those minutes for a good period.

Same for Ibaka+Gordon... please give me some Byiombo first! sigh.

Vuc is deservedly an all-star but he’s not a guy you cater to with 100% commitment. We should have tried some funky lineups.

David Lee, Draymond Green etc. there was a precedent

**Things i learned from watching the other teams Broadcasters **

I think i will start posting these and take notes when i am forced to watch the other teams broadcasters, Most of these are direct comments or observations they made

MAGIC VS CELTICS

• Celtics team plays chess out there on the court with teams as bad as the Magic
  • No Big is as good as Al Horford
  • They can't tell the difference between Harris and Frazier
  • Announcers make backhanded comments like "Magic get back defensively, cause they weren't there offensively anyways"
  • Bamba can't guard the pick n' roll they need to keep driving
  • "Do you think the Magic know how to play with a lead?" "No, Nah...I don't think they know how to play basketball"
  • "What is going on with the subs, are the Magic trying to tank???"

Not saying they might not be wrong, but that's just horrible compared to the Sterling job Steele does. Would love to see a Dante and David call for a game.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Natesroom said:

**Things i learned from watching the other teams Broadcasters **

I think i will start posting these and take notes when i am forced to watch the other teams broadcasters, Most of these are direct comments or observations they made

MAGIC VS CELTICS

• Celtics team plays chess out there on the court with teams as bad as the Magic
  • No Big is as good as Al Horford
  • They can't tell the difference between Harris and Frazier
  • Announcers make backhanded comments like "Magic get back defensively, cause they weren't there offensively anyways"
  • Bamba can't guard the pick n' roll they need to keep driving
  • "Do you think the Magic know how to play with a lead?" "No, Nah...I don't think they know how to play basketball"
  • "What is going on with the subs, are the Magic trying to tank???"

Not saying they might not be wrong, but that's just horrible compared to the Sterling job Steele does. Would love to see a Dante and David call for a game.

Steele does well but Turner is the worst announcer I’ve ever heard.  A few more critical comments, not necessarily as negative as those above, would actually be welcome from my standpoint.  I can’t stand how our crew focuses on one of our players scoring 20 or getting a double double when we’re getting blown out.  Talk about empty numbers.  And Turner goes off on irrelevant tangents all the time.

If we’re a laughing stock to the rest of the league, we should at least be aware of it.  

On 1/4/2022 at 2:01 AM, harley said:

I actually haven't given up on Mo Bamba yet. You can't teach 7'1" with a 7'10" wingspan and touch. I think WCJ is a more complete player but I'm extending Mo if the price is right.

RJ, on the other hand, there are many players like him. Sure, he's athletic, but he's not THAT much more athletic than other guys and just doesn't have a Bball IQ and is incredibly streaky. I would take someone like Seth Curry (whom we had as a 3rd stringer btw in case anyone forgot) who is undersized but plays smart and hits open shots.

I just think RJ is more easily replaceable than Bamba, whom has shown flashes and is known to be pretty intelligent. I think can become something more if given time. The man is only 23. My feeling is the price will be too high. 

• Like 1