All Eyes On Me

2021-2022 Orlando Magic Season Thread… Let’s Goo!!!

9 hours ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

The Bulls are a fun story because we basically could’ve had their roster. When anyone suggested trading for some fringe all stars to play with Vuc and see what happened they were treated like idiots, though. DeRozan and Lavine were ridiculed by fans and media and now they’re playing with a chip on their shoulder

While I still think that the Bulls are possibily going to fail on playoffs (we'll see), adding fringe all stars was surely an option. The problem for me was accepting mediocrity for all those consecutive season... the evaluation ones. If you believe you've a contender, act accordingly and make trades to complete it. If you don't believe that, sell high and rebuild fast.

Being a 8th seed year after year is a complete waste of time.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

The Bulls are a fun story because we basically could’ve had their roster. When anyone suggested trading for some fringe all stars to play with Vuc and see what happened they were treated like idiots, though. DeRozan and Lavine were ridiculed by fans and media and now they’re playing with a chip on their shoulder

Mauro, wait a second. Weren’t you wanting to trade Vooch for years? Lol! I remember you wanting to go to a guard heavy and faster offense. Maybe I’m misremembering the past.

4 hours ago, Soul Bro said:

Mauro, wait a second. Weren’t you wanting to trade Vooch for years? Lol! I remember you wanting to go to a guard heavy and faster offense. Maybe I’m misremembering the past.

He had his moments with that... :D

There were times he was for the trade, and others in which he thought that was worth building around, if i remember correctly.

Who's Injured and Who's In Covid-19 Protocol

I was wondering why there was no explanation why so many Magic players were out and for such a long period of time. So, I searched ESPN, and this is a break down of each of those players' situation or status.

***IS SOMEONE ABOUT TO BE TRADED?***

Ww1Rk6.png BJ Johnson and Anthony--only 2 players listed as "out" without an explanation. What does this mean? tYaWx9.png

Orlando Magic Injuries - Source: ESPN

H8fJgc.pngieeaw9.pngIfPfdi.png5S1zsj.pngmGWwN7.png

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Jay Magic said:

Apparently this is very recent

Even more recent is he’s now listed on the injury report as being OUT in the health and safety protocols as well as with the knee injury. So, best case is probably another 2-3 weeks, unfortunately. 

On 1/1/2022 at 2:58 PM, Soul Bro said:

I’ve never liked seeing Vuc playing for our team, because I believe he is a little too soft and it was just hard for me to root for him.

BUT, I would’ve been ok  with trading for some all-stars that were on the market like Jimmy Butler, DeMar DeRozan etc. and see what happened if they were paired with Vuc. I always wanted to take a big swing on either direction.

As Luke said, the evaluation, mediocrity years were the worst ones

• Upvote 2

23 hours ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

I’ve never liked seeing Vuc playing for our team, because I believe he is a little too soft and it was just hard for me to root for him.

BUT, I would’ve been ok  with trading for some all-stars that were on the market like Jimmy Butler, DeMar DeRozan etc. and see what happened if they were paired with Vuc. I always wanted to take a big swing on either direction.

As Luke said, the evaluation, mediocrity years were the worst ones

I hear you. I wanted Butler but not DeRozan. I don’t think DeRozan can keep up his play and shooting like we’re seeing. The biggest shock for me looking back was with AG’s lack of development. Oh well. I’m really interested in our young core moving forward.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Soul Bro said:

I hear you. I wanted Butler but not DeRozan. I don’t think DeRozan can keep up his play and shooting like we’re seeing. The biggest shock for me looking back was with AG’s lack of development. Oh well. I’m really interested in our young core moving forward.

Still would have loved to see a JI/AG frontcourt, but we seemed to play always with 3 old style C's instead.
That's another reason why it's hard to envision the future. Our current group has potential? Sure

But a lot of the young NBA players has that... some succeed, others not. Are they hungry enough? Is the coaching staff going to maximize them? Will the FO make the right moves?

Right now, we've only the potential... and we had that too in the past. I was absolutely dreaming about that JI/AG pairing... that NEVER happened, not even with injured players unavailable.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Luke_FfS said:

Still would have loved to see a JI/AG frontcourt, but we seemed to play always with 3 old style C's instead.
That's another reason why it's hard to envision the future. Our current group has potential? Sure

But a lot of the young NBA players has that... some succeed, others not. Are they hungry enough? Is the coaching staff going to maximize them? Will the FO make the right moves?

Right now, we've only the potential... and we had that too in the past. I was absolutely dreaming about that JI/AG pairing... that NEVER happened, not even with injured players unavailable.

I was even screaming for AG + Ibaka waay back

2 hours ago, Luke_FfS said:

10 minutes ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

I was even screaming for AG + Ibaka waay back

Yeah, but we were never really going to see those with Vucevic here. He was good enough at Center to make replacing him with a PF a hard sell. I could see us moving to a smaller, faster front court with JI and WCJ playing a switching C/PF type of game and Bamba/Okeke playing the backups depending on the matchups. I'm still on the fence with Bamba - he has shown just enough talent to warrant continuing to look at him (especially while we are short players), but not enough to justify a big extension. I think we will try to trade him at the deadline, especially with the abundance of top bigs in this year's draft - I just hope it doesn't come back to bite us. I think Bamba has to either take a big leap in terms of hustle/effort, or he might be out of the league in a couple of years. 

3 hours ago, jmmagicfan said:

Yeah, but we were never really going to see those with Vucevic here.

Not even when he was resting, or simply out of that game? Foul trouble? Tactical playoff lineup? I mean, we literally never saw them together, I can remember only one game maybe...  but surely not enough data for having some kind of advanced stat, or eye result. Even Lowe was sceaming for that...
That's terrible management and self-killing options/combinations that could possibly work, IMO.

I love Birch, he's a great team guy that works his --- off. But he was the one getting the most of those minutes for a good period.

Same for Ibaka+Gordon... please give me some Byiombo first! sigh.

• Like 1