All Eyes On Me

2021-2022 Orlando Magic Season Thread… Let’s Goo!!!

Hi everyone. I haven’t been on here much since the season hasn’t really been to great. However, I’ve been keeping up with box scores and is Franz really playing that good? Or is it more so of being on a bad team? What’s your thoughts?

I cant figure out how to find highest scoring games by a rookie (Magic Only) I was wondering where the 38pts by franz ranks on the list of records by a rookie in our uniform. Where is the best site to use to find this kind of information?

Actually found my answer on StatMuse (funny how Dennis Scott has no picture lol)

https://www.statmuse.com/nba/ask/rookie-highest-scoring-game-orlando-magic-ever

Franz is tied for third behind

Shaquille O'Neal Shaquille O'Neal 2/16/1993 ORLORL @ DETDET 46                                  
Dennis Scott Dennis Scott 3/8/1991 ORLORL vs DENDEN 40                                  
Franz Wagner Franz Wagner 12/28/2021 ORLORL vs MILMIL

Shaquille O'Neal Shaquille O'Neal 1/23/1993 ORLORL vs DALDAL

Shaquille O'Neal Shaquille O'Neal 1/18/1993 ORLORL @ PHIPHI 38                                  
Cole Anthony Cole Anthony 5/16/2021 ORLORL @ PHIPHI 37                                  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Captain said:

Hi everyone. I haven’t been on here much since the season hasn’t really been to great. However, I’ve been keeping up with box scores and is Franz really playing that good? Or is it more so of being on a bad team? What’s your thoughts?

Franz is SPECIAL. WeltHam have nailed him that is for sure! I would bet my house Franz is at minimum a all star. I think he could be generational. Time will tell.

This was a lot of: “How do you want it??” from 3, finger roll, pull up, hesi, lefty, post up, step back, pump & drive, fast break. 

The kid is RIDICULOUS!!

Tune in and watch the games. Ain't you fan??? looooooooool

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, jmmagicfan said:

I think we have a very promising young talent in Franz. I also think we have quite a few talented young players with a lot of potential in Cole, WCJ, Chuma, and (hopefully) Jalen Suggs. Whether or not Fultz and Isaac still qualify really depends on their recovery, which in Isaac's case makes me very nervous. Bamba, who knows?!? The biggest question to me is do we have the leadership to put them all together and make a cohesive team that plays together? That doesn't just fall on the coaching staff, but on the guys on the court as well. All the young guys seem to be getting along and like each other, but the question of who will step up to lead is still in the air. It isn't just who can score points, but who can command respect and hold others accountable. I've seen flashes of that ability from Fultz, and Cole. I think if we ever get healthy, we could be very dangerous, but the leadership will make all the difference. 

Actually I think it could be Suggs.  Guy is a tremendous competitor. 

5 hours ago, hootie249 said:

I've got to piggy back on Jay Magics post. Even though it's hard to talk about the Magic this year, we are heading in the right direction...finally. Nothing could have saved the last core we made too many mistakes, way too many. Not getting that number 3 pick in 2018 doomed us and then our slight resurgence led to mediocrity. I got excited as soon as the Vucevic trade went down and even though i knew we won that trade then, boy is it looking good now. 

Listen we are going to lose a ton of games this year but trust me it won't last long. I'm not worried about Suggs at all, when he is finally healthy  and playing well everyone will say i never doubted him. Add that all the other young players we have including this summers draft pick. I'm telling you, a couple of players will blow up and surprise you. I'm just including everyone  to shorten this post. We finally have a ton of guys with talent, now you might question how much talent but once Bamba is gone this group is way past the project players we had in the past. I'm even going to include Isaac and Fultz because i'm sure they are starters if healthy. If not, still not worried, the contracts they signed are super cheap once the cap starts rising again next season. 

Future is bright and we just have to deal with this season, which sucks anyway. Imagine having a contender this supremely screwed up season. Magic are going to be good again right when the league says goodbye to alot of players i'm frankly over with. Kyrie,Harden,Durant lol so sick of them all can't believe they are in the same team. Can't wait until Lebron retires, sick of hearing about the Lakers. 

I continue to bet we win less than 30 next year.  I’ve been hearing about potential for a decade now.  Won’t believe it until I see it.

There’s also more to winning than just talent.  Teamwork and coaching are also important. We aren’t looking great in those departments either.  

It’s harder to flip the switch and go from bottom feeder to winner than many of you think.  

• Downvote 3

3 hours ago, Captain said:

Combination of both.

57 minutes ago, JJZFL said:

Actually I think it could be Suggs.  Guy is a tremendous competitor. 

I think its all 3. I think we are definitely going in the right direction