All Eyes On Me

2021-2022 Orlando Magic Season Thread… Let’s Goo!!!

15 minutes ago, Natesroom said:

I feel like like Franz is gonna be a Klay Thompson or Kevin Love like star...might even be better then them as he has better footwork then both. One of the best things about franz is his points dont seem to come at the expense of the team. Stars that had that issue are Carmelo, blake griffin, Kemba Walker (hes gotten better) Gilbert Arenas, 

As it stands Franz has the potential to be something we may have never seen before. He can do EVERYTHING!!

HE IS 20 HAHAHA. 

WELTHAM take a bow for this 1.

Frank put up big numbers in a losing effort and that’s got a lot of you excited.  I understand.  

But to me a real star is one who makes his teammates better, not just puts up numbers.  Wagner had 3 assists and two turnovers.  His +/- of 4 was lowest among the five starters.  I realize he’s a rookie who hasn’t even played half a season yet, but I’m not popping the champagne corks until I see that he helps the whole team win.  

• Downvote 3

41 minutes ago, JJZFL said:

Frank put up big numbers in a losing effort and that’s got a lot of you excited.  I understand.  

But to me a real star is one who makes his teammates better, not just puts up numbers.  Wagner had 3 assists and two turnovers.  His +/- of 4 was lowest among the five starters.  I realize he’s a rookie who hasn’t even played half a season yet, but I’m not popping the champagne corks until I see that he helps the whole team win.  

With his Bball IQ, I think it's only a matter of time before he makes his teammates better directly. He's a natural scorer and has a great handle for how tall and young he is. 

There should be two things Orlando is working hard to do:
1. Make him Love Orlando and never want to leave (a la Vuc) 
2. Surround him with players whom will help him win (winning helps stars not want to leave small markets). 

Wagner is going to be a very solid player in the NBA. Honestly I was not very excited with the pick but I must admit that I was wrong )

Franz might not be a superstar but once again he is going to be very reliable role player very close to the all star level each season he plays.

8 hours ago, Jay Magic said:

As it stands Franz has the potential to be something we may have never seen before. He can do EVERYTHING!!

HE IS 20 HAHAHA. 

WELTHAM take a bow for this 1.

Franz Wagner the next Larry Bird.

10 hours ago, Jay Magic said:

Your always on some debbie downer behaviour. Your sure your a real magic fan?

Realistic for me too, until FO, coaching staff and players show we're worth that. I think that every fanbase at some points thinks that could win it all... but reality it's another story, and a lot of factors weight in.

As I've wrote recently... being critic doesn't make a forum member less a fan than others. Actually, sometimes could be the opposite.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, JJZFL said:

50 minutes ago, Luke_FfS said:

Realistic for me too, until FO, coaching staff and players show we're worth that. I think that every fanbase at some points thinks that could win it all... but reality it's another story, and a lot of factors weight in.

As I've wrote recently... being critic doesn't make a forum member less a fan than others. Actually, sometimes could be the opposite.

I think we have a very promising young talent in Franz. I also think we have quite a few talented young players with a lot of potential in Cole, WCJ, Chuma, and (hopefully) Jalen Suggs. Whether or not Fultz and Isaac still qualify really depends on their recovery, which in Isaac's case makes me very nervous. Bamba, who knows?!? The biggest question to me is do we have the leadership to put them all together and make a cohesive team that plays together? That doesn't just fall on the coaching staff, but on the guys on the court as well. All the young guys seem to be getting along and like each other, but the question of who will step up to lead is still in the air. It isn't just who can score points, but who can command respect and hold others accountable. I've seen flashes of that ability from Fultz, and Cole. I think if we ever get healthy, we could be very dangerous, but the leadership will make all the difference. 

12 hours ago, JJZFL said:

Roster would be lucky to make playoffs 

Yeah C'mon dude. That bench would shred other NBA benches. If Banchero hit the floor running like other recent NBA star rookies the first unit would be firmly in the middle of the pack.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Jay Magic said:

I hear you. At the end of the day we are injured and we are also playing it safe by holding the players out. I get the frustration.

This upcoming pick is very very important. If and when we nail that we are set. 

This team at full strength is a playoff team as we stand. Definitely a play in team in my opinion.

I have seen enough out of Cole to say he is going to be a excellent player. 

Franz is a superstar in the making. Its clear to see we have nailed it with him without question. 

Markelle is going to absolutely smash the league when he comes back. 

We have loads of assests and ALL of our picks. Management have done fantastic if you ask me.

I honestly feel management are playing the game so to speak. We are developing very well. I would bet you any money next season we take the league by storm. 

I've got to piggy back on Jay Magics post. Even though it's hard to talk about the Magic this year, we are heading in the right direction...finally. Nothing could have saved the last core we made too many mistakes, way too many. Not getting that number 3 pick in 2018 doomed us and then our slight resurgence led to mediocrity. I got excited as soon as the Vucevic trade went down and even though i knew we won that trade then, boy is it looking good now. 

Listen we are going to lose a ton of games this year but trust me it won't last long. I'm not worried about Suggs at all, when he is finally healthy  and playing well everyone will say i never doubted him. Add that all the other young players we have including this summers draft pick. I'm telling you, a couple of players will blow up and surprise you. I'm just including everyone  to shorten this post. We finally have a ton of guys with talent, now you might question how much talent but once Bamba is gone this group is way past the project players we had in the past. I'm even going to include Isaac and Fultz because i'm sure they are starters if healthy. If not, still not worried, the contracts they signed are super cheap once the cap starts rising again next season. 

Future is bright and we just have to deal with this season, which sucks anyway. Imagine having a contender this supremely screwed up season. Magic are going to be good again right when the league says goodbye to alot of players i'm frankly over with. Kyrie,Harden,Durant lol so sick of them all can't believe they are in the same team. Can't wait until Lebron retires, sick of hearing about the Lakers. 

• Upvote 1