All Eyes On Me

2021-2022 Orlando Magic Season Thread… Let’s Goo!!!

The Magic are one of those bad but really fun teams: 6-25, good for second in the lottery standings. Many Magic fans root first for development from the youth, not wins. And their young players have all made positive progress. Most impressive has been Wagner. Though he isn’t the early Rookie of the Year favorite, Wagner at least belongs in the conversation.

Following a strong start over Wagner’s first 18 games, the Magic have been calling more plays for him to generate offense. Over the past 13 games, Wagner is averaging 17.5 points on a 54.6 true shooting percentage and 4.2 assists and only 1.7 turnovers. Plus, he’s a sound defender with the strength to contain larger players, the agility to move on the perimeter, and the awareness to make plays away from the ball.

Terrence Ross said Wagner is like a bigger Gordon Hayward, which is a solid comparison. Already, Wagner looks like a 6-foot-10 playmaking forward who could spend 10-plus years contributing for winning teams. A popular comparison for Wagner ahead of the draft was Lamar Odom, which makes even more sense now. Odom had a skill set tailormade for today’s positionless game, and he won two championships. Wagner could someday be a player who can accomplish the same.

The Magic are one of the worst teams in basketball but the vibes are good. The players on the team tend to rally around each other.

“We take the highs for what they are,” Magic rookie point guard Jalen Suggs told me on Spotify Greenroom last week. “You gotta go through those lumps, rebuild and restore what you had. We’re going through that right now. What keeps me up is the people we have around. The staff in the locker room. We got a lot of young guys who are hungry to get better. We work really hard together and really push each other. We’re not taking losing as a loss but as part of the process, something you can learn from.”

From Mo Bamba looking like a contributor to Cole Anthony’s scoring surges, the Magic are experiencing some positive development. This team is too young to expect to win. The priority is to get better. And so far they are, with Wagner leading the way.

https://www.theringer.com/nba/2021/12/20/22846234/nba-covid-replacements-seven-observations

• Upvote 2

G0wagb.jpg MAGIC FANS (A Back-To-Back)

MAGIC Vs PELICANS 

Thursday, December 23rd at 7:00 P.M., EST
Amway Center - Orlando, FL
TV:  Bally Sports FL

dX4RmJ.png

The Magic are on a roll!

BE THERE. Don't Leave Us Hanging!  :)

Qik2V6.png

I will post the Game Thread Starter in a few hours (Thursday morning)

:1B0uTa.jpgEARLY START (MAGIC AT HEAT)

ZHyAcl.png

• Orlando Magic At Miami Heat
  • Sunday, December 26, 2021 @ 3:30 P.M.

I have prepared a Game Thread Starter, and I will post it tonight or early Sunday morning.

•  

I'm telling everyone and i have been for ages. This is kid we need to nearly complete us for the next 5-10 years. 

Trade for Reddish and Draft Jabari Smith or Banchero and we are a instant force in the east. 

Fultz, Cole, Wagner, Smith/Banchero, J.I

Suggs, Harris, Reddish, Okeke, Wendell

Championship Roster 

13 hours ago, Jay Magic said:

I'm telling everyone and i have been for ages. This is kid we need to nearly complete us for the next 5-10 years. 

Trade for Reddish and Draft Jabari Smith or Banchero and we are a instant force in the east. 

Championship Roster 

Too late. In reality Hunters inability to stay healthy has doomed most teams chances to trade for Reddish. Hunter was the player the Hawks wanted to be the starter. He just cannot stay on the floor. Reddish always had more potential, and he was the player they got for Doncic, along with Trea. 

Still the Hawks have a massive salary crunch coming. They will have to trade some players. I firmly believe Reddish could be traded but now it's more likely as a package for a star. Coming off last years playoff run they are much more likely to trade  for a star now then to trade players just to save salary. 

TL;DR we missed the chance to trade for Cam as salary cap relief, now you have to give up real assets and most likely he would be part of a package for a star player.

Edit. I thought i would expand. They don't have to trade anyone at the deadline this year. Huerter and Youngs big money start next year. They won't have to pay Hunter or Reddish until next year and even then they don't have to until the after next season, they are eligible to be extended just like Fultz and Isaac. They can still trade Bogdan and Danillo for a player like Gary Harris, purely for salary relief but that would have to happen by the trade deadline and would hurt this years team.

Most likely they will try to trade one or both after the season to a team that can absorb the contract or send back players with non guaranteed contracts. 

Or they could package all sorts of players for another body/star and just pay a huge tax.

Think Bradley Beal, or Ben Simmons. In fact if the Hawks and Sixers were in different conferences i think they would be number one on each others trade lists. Sure, both Ben and Trea need the ball in their hands but i think the Hawks would look ridiculous with Simmons running with Trea.

Ahh i wish i could talk about the Magic this much but im afraid we are a year away from being that interesting. We really need that number one pick this year.

22 hours ago, Jay Magic said:

Championship Roster 

Roster would be lucky to make playoffs 

27 minutes ago, JJZFL said:

Roster would be lucky to make playoffs 

Your always on some debbie downer behaviour. Your sure your a real magic fan?

1 minute ago, Jay Magic said:

Your always on some debbie downer behaviour. Your sure your a real magic fan?

Realistic.  I’d rather the team recognize that tanking gets you into serious trouble for which there are no easy solutions.  We’re seeing that yet again.  This idea that another rookie or two will transform us somehow is just another illusion.  

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, JJZFL said:

Realistic.  I’d rather the team recognize that tanking gets you into serious trouble for which there are no easy solutions.  We’re seeing that yet again.  This idea that another rookie or two will transform us somehow is just another illusion.  

I hear you. At the end of the day we are injured and we are also playing it safe by holding the players out. I get the frustration.

This upcoming pick is very very important. If and when we nail that we are set. 

This team at full strength is a playoff team as we stand. Definitely a play in team in my opinion.

I have seen enough out of Cole to say he is going to be a excellent player. 

Franz is a superstar in the making. Its clear to see we have nailed it with him without question. 

Markelle is going to absolutely smash the league when he comes back. 

We have loads of assests and ALL of our picks. Management have done fantastic if you ask me.

I honestly feel management are playing the game so to speak. We are developing very well. I would bet you any money next season we take the league by storm. 

35 minutes ago, Jay Magic said:

I hear you. At the end of the day we are injured and we are also playing it safe by holding the players out. I get the frustration.

This team at full strength is a playoff team as we stand. Definitely a play in team in my opinion.

Franz is a superstar in the making. Its clear to see we have nailed it with him without question. 

We have loads of assests and ALL of our picks. Management have done fantastic if you ask me.

I honestly feel management are playing the game so to speak. We are developing very well. I would bet you any money next season we take the league by storm. 

I admire your optimism.  I don’t put any credibility at all on Fultz or Isaac at this point, both injury prone and Isaac possibly out more than two seasons.  I don’t think you can assume they will add anything.  

Some of our guys are putting up big numbers but it doesn’t translate to wins.  Like Wagner has 36 tonight but Milwaukee has 123 points already.  Vuch put up big numbers also but we couldn’t get all that far with him.  Big numbers in losing efforts don’t mean much to me. 

I will take your bet about us taking the league by storm next year.    Not for money, just bragging rights.  I bet we have a losing record again next year.  In fact I bet we don’t win more than 30 games next year.  

32 minutes ago, Jay Magic said:

I feel like like Franz is gonna be a Klay Thompson or Kevin Love like star...might even be better then them as he has better footwork then both. One of the best things about franz is his points dont seem to come at the expense of the team. Stars that had that issue are Carmelo, blake griffin, Kemba Walker (hes gotten better) Gilbert Arenas,