All Eyes On Me

2021-2022 Orlando Magic Season Thread… Let’s Goo!!!

2 hours ago, The Neighborhood Bully said:

Not sure how long Suggs and Fultz will be out, but Harris for Dragic works in the trade machine.  Both are on expiring contracts.

I'd love that trade. You win the board for today.

1 minute ago, Soul Bro said:

I'd love that trade. You win the board for today.

Just to be sure that I am following, it's because we'd be trading a guy we don't want to play for a guy who actively won't be playing for a while yes?

4 hours ago, The Neighborhood Bully said:

Not sure how long Suggs and Fultz will be out, but Harris for Dragic works in the trade machine.  Both are on expiring contracts.

I would love to see an NBA player get worked like that but it will never happen. The Raptors are not playing Dragic 100% so he won't get hurt. He would not play for them and they tried but he dogged it hard at the beginning of the season. He will get traded...maybe, his contract is leaning towards a buyout but Toronto obviously doesn't want to entertain that nonsense.

Nothing would make me happier then a trade to the Magic which would still qualify him to be traded at the deadline(3 month rule). 

***** player empowerment. Trade those guys and make them earn the money, or the right to go to a contender.

2 hours ago, South_Aussie_Magic said:

Just to be sure that I am following, it's because we'd be trading a guy we don't want to play for a guy who actively won't be playing for a while yes?

Well it’d be contingent on him agreeing to play. 

On other forums people are talking about depth. I honestly can't see much happening until the the 15th. Yes it sucks that our top 4 point guards(!!!!) are all hurt. Don't expect anything except for 2 way players, without checking it seems all of our contracts have some form of guarantees except for Mulder and Ignas. Ignas losing his spot seems most likely. 

On the other hand, looking far into the season, it's hard to see another team having a worse record then us next April. I can't wait to see what Presti does to tank his own teams record come March. We will be the front runners for Banchero. 

Its a rough way to start the season but sometime when the year changes we should be watching Fultz,Cole,Suggs and Isaac together. We just have to wait it out.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, hootie249 said:

On other forums people are talking about depth. I honestly can't see much happening until the the 15th. Yes it sucks that our top 4 point guards(!!!!) are all hurt. Don't expect anything except for 2 way players, without checking it seems all of our contracts have some form of guarantees except for Mulder and Ignas. Ignas losing his spot seems most likely. 

On the other hand, looking far into the season, it's hard to see another team having a worse record then us next April. I can't wait to see what Presti does to tank his own teams record come March. We will be the front runners for Banchero. 

Its a rough way to start the season but sometime when the year changes we should be watching Fultz,Cole,Suggs and Isaac together. We just have to wait it out.

I don't see us bringing in a 2 way PG. Cole will be back soon, Fultz is practicing, we're getting reps for Franz and RJ running the point and we don't care how many games we win this year. It's pretty obvious we want at least 1 more high draft pick to this core and when everyone gets healthy we might string some wins together so I think we're ok with losing right now. 

• Upvote 2

2022 NBA Mock Draft - NBA Draft Room

Loving these comparisons throughout the top 10. This one seems to be a scorer's draft at the top and it's the one thing we have been needing and craving since we tried Vince and failed.

I'd be pretty happy with most of these guys and I imagine we are an absolute lock to find the guy who changes our fortunes this time.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TrueMagicFan07 said:

After tonight's game, the Magic are on the road y'all--5 straight games.

DATE OPPONENT TIME    
Fri, Dec 3
@ HoustonHouston
8:00 PM    
Mon, Dec 6 10:00 PM    
Wed, Dec 8 10:00 PM    
Sat, Dec 11
@ LALA
3:30 PM    
Sun, Dec 12 9:30 PM    

They need to at least beat the rockets and kings. They have it in them

Scotto: Mo Bamba is eligible for restricted free agency this summer if Orlando extends a $10.1 million qualifying offer. They just signed Carter Jr. to a contract extension. So far, this season has been all about Orlando determining whether Carter Jr. and Bamba could play alongside each other in the frontcourt. Once they signed Carter Jr. to that extension, I felt like that was the barometer for where Bamba’s range could be for them. I don’t think they’re going to try and give him more than that.

Gozlan: He went from potentially Orlando not giving him a qualifying offer and letting him become an unrestricted free agent to not only expecting to make him a restricted free agent, but I think they want to keep him now despite any long-term questions there could be with his fit with Carter Jr. You’ve also got Jonathan Isaacwho’s eventually going to be back. Before the season, everyone’s thinking that Isaac and Carter Jr. would be the frontcourt of the future. Maybe it makes sense to pair Isaac with Bamba more defensively. Orlando has a lot of money to spend. They can afford to get Bamba back.

Scotto: In talking to people around Wendell Carter Jr., once he signed his extension, they feel it allowed him to shoot the three-pointer with more confidence and not focus on trying to get paid. It put him in a better mindset to expand his game and have that confidence and freedom without the weight on his shoulders.

https://hoopshype.com/lists/podcast-nba-trade-candidates-december-15/

• Upvote 1