All Eyes On Me

2021-2022 Orlando Magic Season Thread… Let’s Goo!!!

5 hours ago, crisby pancakes said:

Weltman states Issac isn't even close to team based play. There's zero chance he's ready to play minutes in January.

Talk about softball questions.  I guess they must be afraid that if they ask Weltman tougher questions they won't be allowed to ask questions in the future.  I don't really like that.  How about someone asking Weltman, who says they're trying to be transparent, why Isaac's recovery seems to be taking so much longer than usual for an ACL injury?  Can he give us any insight into the nature of the injury, for example, or if there have been setbacks in the recovery.  He could tell us so much more without getting into any timelines.

4 hours ago, TrueMagicFanSince1987 said:

I’d take Weltmans update with a grain of salt. He doesn’t ever reveal anything substantial when it comes to updates with injuries or roster moves. Obviously MCW isn’t a doctor but he sees and talks to JI a lot more than Weltman does and I’m sure he has some insider info about what’s going on. I wouldn’t be surprised in the least bit if we see JI start practicing and taking contact come January. 

I think the president of the Magic that has access to private info from the magic medical team has a better grasp on when Isaac is likely to return than some random player. There is no basis to think he will be taking contact practices in January when he's still walking around in a metal brace.

11 minutes ago, crisby pancakes said:

I think the president of the Magic that has access to private info from the magic medical team has a better grasp on when Isaac is likely to return than some random player. There is no basis to think he will be taking contact practices in January when he's still walking around in a metal brace.

Or he’s just blowing smokescreens like he’s been know to do in the past because we both know he doesn’t give updates with any substance it’s always just fluff. But you’re free to believe what you want just like I am. 

4 minutes ago, TrueMagicFanSince1987 said:

Or he’s just blowing smokescreens like he’s been know to do in the past because we both know he doesn’t give updates with any substance it’s always just fluff. But you’re free to believe what you want just like I am. 

Hardly fluff when he's still walking around in a metal knee brace 16 months later while Futz is already doing light team practices with Lakeland in just a support after 10 months. It's clear he suffered more than just an ACL injury and most likely had a set back to boot otherwise they wouldn't have put the clause in his contract regarding his left knee. They have zero need to get him back playing this season as the FO main priority is giving the young guys minutes (which they're getting) and at the same time getting as low a lottery pick as possible which they'll get as they're currently in line for around an 18 win season.

If that means sitting him the whole season then they'll do that without batting an eyelid instead of bringing him back to play in meaningless games where we'll be fighting to be the third worst team in the league instead of the second.

I’m quite certain Isaac had a setback. I remember preseason video of him shooting around in the gym back in late September/early October. Haven’t seen or heard anything more about on court work since then.

2 hours ago, crisby pancakes said:

Hardly fluff when he's still walking around in a metal knee brace 16 months later while Futz is already doing light team practices with Lakeland in just a support after 10 months. It's clear he suffered more than just an ACL injury and most likely had a set back to boot otherwise they wouldn't have put the clause in his contract regarding his left knee. They have zero need to get him back playing this season as the FO main priority is giving the young guys minutes (which they're getting) and at the same time getting as low a lottery pick as possible which they'll get as they're currently in line for around an 18 win season.

If that means sitting him the whole season then they'll do that without batting an eyelid instead of bringing him back to play in meaningless games where we'll be fighting to be the third worst team in the league instead of the second.

How many years can you keep a player out without irreversibly damaging his game?

7 minutes ago, JJZFL said:

How many years can you keep a player out without irreversibly damaging his game?

Dudes played one season in close to 5 years. You think an extra few months out will make a difference on damaging his game? lets just bring him back early again and let him blow his other knee out, especially in a season that we're on to break our 18-64 season for least amount of wins.

14 hours ago, crisby pancakes said:

Dudes played one season in close to 5 years. You think an extra few months out will make a difference on damaging his game? lets just bring him back early again and let him blow his other knee out, especially in a season that we're on to break our 18-64 season for least amount of wins.

Months is misleading because during basketball season three months is half the season.  I think keeping him out for two full seasons risks damaging his game and his career, yes.  Obviously no one wants to bring him back early if it risks his health.  However, if his health is that bad after all this time, maybe his NBA career is already over.   

I’m not sure what you mean by blowing out his other knee.  I don’t think that anyone is concerned about that (the good) knee, nor is the healthy knee a reason he’s being kept out.  

3 hours ago, JJZFL said:

Months is misleading because during basketball season three months is half the season.  I think keeping him out for two full seasons risks damaging his game and his career, yes.  Obviously no one wants to bring him back early if it risks his health.  However, if his health is that bad after all this time, maybe his NBA career is already over.   

I’m not sure what you mean by blowing out his other knee.  I don’t think that anyone is concerned about that (the good) knee, nor is the healthy knee a reason he’s being kept out.  

If Isaac is fit enough to play from lets say, the end of March, then yes, it's pointless to play him for the last 10 or so games where the FO will be in tank mode to solidify their lottery position. And months isn't misleading. NBA players work on their game and gain huge improvements in the off season. Isaac has missed well more than 2 years of basketball already.

I'm saying pointless games at the end of the season that mean nothing aren't worth the risk of him picking up another injury to another part of his body. Picking up knocks and niggles is par for the course after coming off ACL surgery. He's already had multiple injuries to his right ankle. Just let him use the off season to further sort his frame and body out, that way he can hopefully remain free of serious injuries for the rest of his contract and we can then actually see him play week in week out which is what we want.

40 minutes ago, crisby pancakes said:

If Isaac is fit enough to play from lets say, the end of March, then yes, it's pointless to play him for the last 10 or so games where the FO will be in tank mode to solidify their lottery position. And months isn't misleading. NBA players work on their game and gain huge improvements in the off season. Isaac has missed well more than 2 years of basketball already.

I'm saying pointless games at the end of the season that mean nothing aren't worth the risk of him picking up another injury to another part of his body. Picking up knocks and niggles is par for the course after coming off ACL surgery. He's already had multiple injuries to his right ankle. Just let him use the off season to further sort his frame and body out, that way he can hopefully remain free of serious injuries for the rest of his contract and we can then actually see him play week in week out which is what we want.

If we’re talking about the last 10 games of the season , then I agree with you, although not for tanking purposes.  I was think more about 30-40 games. 

22 minutes ago, JJZFL said:

If we’re talking about the last 10 games of the season , then I agree with you, although not for tanking purposes.  I was think more about 30-40 games. 

Ah, well he won't be back in time to play 30/40 games. Would mean he would be on for returning early to late Jan to play that amount when looking at the schedule. That's when you would be hoping Fultz would be nearing a return though my personal opinion is we don't see Fultz until after the all star break.

3 hours ago, crisby pancakes said:

Ah, well he won't be back in time to play 30/40 games. Would mean he would be on for returning early to late Jan to play that amount when looking at the schedule. That's when you would be hoping Fultz would be nearing a return though my personal opinion is we don't see Fultz until after the all star break.

Before the season I expected Isaac to be back before Fultz. Strange how things have played out.