All Eyes On Me

2021-2022 Orlando Magic Season Thread… Let’s Goo!!!

17 hours ago, crisby pancakes said:

That starting 5 is not a team that would make the playoffs. It's questionable whether Fultz is even a starting quality guard before the injury let alone after adding an ACL tear. 

I think people have rose colored glasses here too. There’s a lot of “potential” but we haven’t seen consistency from this group yet, particularly in their ability to score. 

And of course, staying healthy is a BIG if with these two. That will be half the battle and one of the reasons we never got to see what the Vuc/Gordon/JI/Fournier/Fultz lineup could do - both of those players have been routinely injured the last 2-3 seasons. 

Another problem: I don't care if that group made silly errors due to lack of experience and playing time together. But I'm worried when a young group is often beaten in hustle plays and show less willingness to do the hard job than other teams that have more veterans. We look soft a lot of times, and we shouldn't... they should all fight for each game, each minute, and for their future in the league, as young as they're. That's on players, but on coaching staff too.

Well, he's basically hinting that he (his agent) was indicating that they would have liked a trade (or at least not opposed to).

Still, at least two season too late for us, IMO.

Fultz doing some 2 on 2 and practicing with Lakeland when we’re on the road. Sounds like he’ll be back soon.

Weltman asked about Isaac and gave the same generic BS response of “progressing in his recovery”. This situation is starting to remind me of the Grant Hill era (with a much less established player, of course). We should’ve never paid a player with a torn knee with his injury history all that $$$.

8 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Fultz doing some 2 on 2 and practicing with Lakeland when we’re on the road. Sounds like he’ll be back soon.

Weltman asked about Isaac and gave the same generic BS response of “progressing in his recovery”. This situation is starting to remind me of the Grant Hill era (with a much less established player, of course). We should’ve never paid a player with a torn knee with his injury history all that $$$.

Yep just listened to it and Isaac isn't anywhere near ready. I'm doubting if he even plays at all this season now.

Fultz training with Lakeland hopefully means he might be back at some point in Jan.

19 hours ago, TrueMagicFanSince1987 said:

I posted the link on the previous page but yeah MCW posted on Twitter saying he expects him back sometime in January. 

Weltman states Issac isn't even close to team based play. There's zero chance he's ready to play minutes in January.

I’d take Weltmans update with a grain of salt. He doesn’t ever reveal anything substantial when it comes to updates with injuries or roster moves. Obviously MCW isn’t a doctor but he sees and talks to JI a lot more than Weltman does and I’m sure he has some insider info about what’s going on. I wouldn’t be surprised in the least bit if we see JI start practicing and taking contact come January.