All Eyes On Me

2021-2022 Orlando Magic Season Thread… Let’s Goo!!!

7 hours ago, Luke_FfS said:

If Cole is the star of that team, be ready for another rebuild soon.

Cole, whether you like it or not, IS the star of this team! No rebuild needed if Ji can come back healthy and franz and Suggs get more experience. That’s your core. I’d also throw in RJ (becoming my fav) and maybe Fultz depending health 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, fan for too long 2 said:

Cole, whether you like it or not, IS the star of this team! No rebuild needed if Ji can come back healthy and franz and Suggs get more experience. That’s your core. I’d also throw in RJ (becoming my fav) and maybe Fultz depending health 

As currently constructed, yeah he is the star. Nothing wrong with that, the kid has more alpha in him then any of the players we had the last ten years.

We blew the team up last year. We had too! i challenge anyone to debate that. Go look and see how Vucevic,Gordon, and Evan are doing this year.

That being said the early returns look good. All the smart people know we were going to lose a lot of game this year. And the first year of a true rebuild we need that pick! I like the draft we had, obviously everyone likes Franz and Suggs will come around. All the young players look like they have potential. None of the contracts are unmovable.

Future is bright and the games are kinda fun to watch!

• Upvote 3

8 hours ago, fan for too long 2 said:

That's exactly what I was saying... :) if he's, that means our core isn't enough, and we have tough times ahead.

I see him like a VanVleet kind of player, and I would be actually happy if he end like that. A very well needed spark off the bench on a contender, a great 6th man.

I don't see a team built around him going that far... Obviously, I hope I'm wrong and he'll become an all-star and a great team leader for a long time.

33 minutes ago, Luke_FfS said:

That's exactly what I was saying... :) if he's, that means our core isn't enough, and we have tough times ahead.

I see him like a VanVleet kind of player, and I would be actually happy if he end like that. A very well needed spark off the bench on a contender, a great 6th man.

I don't see a team built around him going that far... Obviously, I hope I'm wrong and he'll become an all-star and a great team leader for a long time.

I get where you're coming from on this. And I was kind of in the same boat as you in my views on Cole coming into the season. But he's basically putting up the same numbers as FVV now in his second season. If he can sustain it for the whole season we should absolutely believe he's our starting PG going forward. A star good enough to lead us to a championship? Almost certainly not. But a starting PG, maybe an all star PG, to build around? Definitely.

But by build around I don't really mean '"he's the best player and we make every roster decision around maximising him", just that you plan moving forward around the idea that you have a young starting calibre PG on your team. You hope for the development of Suggs/Franz and the addition of another top 10 pick this summer to get you to a place where you have at least 1 real All NBA calibre guy plus another couple of starting calibre pieces. Then you try and swing a trade or attract a big free agent before you have to start dishing out long extensions to everyone. 

Hope you're right, time will tell, a lot of things (and opinions) change every week, imagine in a full season. In SL, I read a lot of negative comments about him. And in the first few games in which his shoot wasn't falling too.

Also, to be clear, I don't considere being a VanVleet a bad thing. All the opposite actually. A very important piece, but not the GUY or n1 option.

1 hour ago, MagicFanDan said:

I still think Fultz, Cole, Franz, JI and WCJ would be our best lineup. 

Let Fultz run the offense and let Cole score. 

I think this could be the starting line up in the spring.

our offense is historically bad

we are shooting 41,5% FG for the season as a team. 

the lowest point for the franchise in terms of field goals percentage was 42,8% in 98-99 season

it certainly doesn't help having 5 guys under 40% (brazdeikis, suggs, mulder, harris and ross), 2 of which are high volume shooters, and only 2 at 50% or above (lopez and wcj)

also, suggs keeps being stuck well under 50% every game. is not even close. I like his defense some times, but his offensive game needs a lot of work

mosley kind of disappointing right now

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, alwaystragic said:

our offense is historically bad

we are shooting 41,5% FG for the season as a team. 

the lowest point for the franchise in terms of field goals percentage was 42,8% in 98-99 season

it certainly doesn't help having 5 guys under 40% (brazdeikis, suggs, mulder, harris and ross), 2 of which are high volume shooters, and only 2 at 50% or above (lopez and wcj)

also, suggs keeps being stuck well under 50% every game. is not even close. I like his defense some times, but his offensive game needs a lot of work

mosley kind of disappointing right now

Suggs has been very close several times recently but overall I can’t argue with your analysis.  People were talking about how much fun it would be to watch our young team even if we lose a lot, but they forget how demoralizing losses can be when they start to pile up.  Especially over an 82 game, 6 month, season.  Especially if we start to get blown out frequently.  Especially if players start to play for themselves to salvage what they can from the season by getting personal numbers.  

Hopefully team will not get into the above situation but it’s a significant risk when you’re overmatched most of the time.  

• Upvote 2

39 minutes ago, South_Aussie_Magic said:

I completed it as well, they should change the current logo