All Eyes On Me

2021-2022 Orlando Magic Season Thread… Let’s Goo!!!

Just now, J-Mac said:

Bamba is so trash still to this day

He’s so soft, if I were the GM, I would try to trade him prior to trade deadline or let him walk in FA. 

Resigning him would be a mistake in my opinion. 

11 minutes ago, MagicFanDan said:

He’s so soft, if I were the GM, I would try to trade him prior to trade deadline or let him walk in FA. 

Resigning him would be a mistake in my opinion. 

There’s a reason we haven’t resigned him and I’m glad. Anyways it looks like this upcoming draft will be a big man draft and I know it’s early but I have my eyes on Jalen Duran, and it’s also a plus that carter has proven he can play the 4

1 hour ago, J-Mac said:

There’s a reason we haven’t resigned him and I’m glad. Anyways it looks like this upcoming draft will be a big man draft and I know it’s early but I have my eyes on Jalen Duran, and it’s also a plus that carter has proven he can play the 4

Agreed. I like Duran and Paolo Banchero the 6’10” freshman from Duke (Paolo is my personal favorite of the draft class). 

One Center prospect, I can’t fully understand the hype around is Chet. 

1 hour ago, MagicFanDan said:

Agreed. I like Duran and Paolo Banchero the 6’10” freshman from Duke (Paolo is my personal favorite of the draft class). 

One Center prospect, I can’t fully understand the hype around is Chet. 

I haven’t done a lot of research on Chet but I do remember videos of him and Suggs working out together so they got history. But yeah I don’t understand the hype too, a seven footer who’s not even 200 pounds

7 hours ago, J-Mac said:

Bamba is so trash still to this day

He has improved this season but yes…too soft in the paint, zero post up game, too weak to finish under the rim, not enough energy and etc. 

I don’t think any of us realized how raw Suggs was going to be, but to some level it makes sense. Last year in college was the first year in his life he was purely focused on basketball after doing the football/basketball thing equally in high school. 

I think we were all hoping he’d be more Dwayne Wade day 1 as a rookie, but he has more of the Victor Oladipo track with great athleticism and intangibles with a lack of offense and ball handling.

Sometimes I doubt our willingness to continue to draft players like this, I have little doubt he will take a big leap in year 2-3 in this category. It won’t be pretty this year but we can’t rush it with him. His jump, all things remaining constant, will push us into the playoffs next year with a healthy team in tact. 

1 hour ago, Babir_9 said:

He has improved this season but yes…too soft in the paint, zero post up game, too weak to finish under the rim, not enough energy and etc. 

I think about last night how there were so many opportunities for him to close or get blocks and he didn’t look like he was even trying. 

he might do well in the NBA if he can get on a team that lights a fire under him with some superstar veterans (Lakers? Warriors?), but that unfortunately won’t be our team. 

1 hour ago, TreyMachine said:

I don’t think any of us realized how raw Suggs was going to be, but to some level it makes sense. Last year in college was the first year in his life he was purely focused on basketball after doing the football/basketball thing equally in high school. 

I think we were all hoping he’d be more Dwayne Wade day 1 as a rookie, but he has more of the Victor Oladipo track with great athleticism and intangibles with a lack of offense and ball handling.

Sometimes I doubt our willingness to continue to draft players like this, I have little doubt he will take a big leap in year 2-3 in this category. It won’t be pretty this year but we can’t rush it with him. His jump, all things remaining constant, will push us into the playoffs next year with a healthy team in tact. 

We are all being very patient and optimistic about Suggs…but there are already plenty of red flags…

44 minutes ago, Babir_9 said:

We are all being very patient and optimistic about Suggs…but there are already plenty of red flags…

I wouldn’t call them red flags until year 2 or 3 if he continues making the same mistakes and taking the same I’ll advised shots then we can start to panic a little. The guy hasn’t even played a full season or even had the chance to go into the offseason to really work on his game. I must admit I thought he would be more NBA ready but that doesn’t mean he still can’t turn into the leader/star we are looking for. We need to be patient with him and look at the bigger picture instead of focusing on the handful of games he’s played this year. Can’t write a guy off when he hasn’t even gotten his feet wet yet.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, J-Mac said:

I haven’t done a lot of research on Chet but I do remember videos of him and Suggs working out together so they got history. But yeah I don’t understand the hype too, a seven footer who’s not even 200 pounds

He’s a Twig. 

20 minutes ago, MagicFanDan said:

He’s a Twig. 

Eh, i'm not a Chet fan but people said the same thing about Mobley. Of course Mobley was a bit beefier then Chet, but he was still close to a 200 pound 7 footer at the beginning of USC's season. I wouldn't worry about Suggs, he is on the perfect team to work through his shooting woes. I didn't watch the game, i was working. It seems pretty simple, we shot poorly from 3 and they didn't. Someone tell me how T-Ross led the team in scoring and didn't even attempt a 3 pointer.

Paaaaiinn… this is what happens when you ask rookie point guards to come in and play a ton right off the bat. I’m still optimistic for Suggs’ future but there will be growing pains, and this chart shows that he has been as bad as he’s looked.