All Eyes On Me

2021-2022 Orlando Magic Season Thread… Let’s Goo!!!

1 hour ago, Natesroom said:

I have a question that is specifically about sundays game - when cole drove to the rim and then got called for a technical (i think it was the 4th quarter) I was at the game and they didnt show a replay. Did he get fouled? It was tough to tell in person - from my seat i thought there was contact.

I forgot if it was Donovan or O’Neal but whoever it was swiped for the ball and hit Cole’s arm which caused him to loose the ball in the dunk attempt 

• Like 1

I had convinced myself that Marqulle would be back tonight.  It would be a perfect way to steal the thunder from the basketball gods with KD and Harden in town.  I wish the F.O. would give us some kind of up date

5 hours ago, J-Mac said:

I forgot if it was Donovan or O’Neal but whoever it was swiped for the ball and hit Cole’s arm which caused him to loose the ball in the dunk attempt 

Thanks so it was a real foul, and cole was justified balking for it, and an unfair technical foul assessment (if griping about an actual no call and getting a tech for it is considered unfair, lol)

34 minutes ago, Eskobar said:

I do like Isaac, but he's always hurt. Mo and Okeke are hardly proven talent, there's a reason Carter was extended and not Mo. Wagner looks promising but Suggs so far looks disappointing. LONG way to go before we start saying the current regime knows how to draft properly.

And long way to go before we start saying they don't! It seems fairly clear that their strategy is to go for players that others have upside to outplay their draft position, even if the fall is for injury reasons. We saw it with JI, Chuma, Anthony, and now with Suggs - all of whom were once projected higher than they eventually went. Franz is the only guy they have "reached down" for, and obviously they were higher on him than most everyone was projecting. Will it work out, or blow up in their faces - I think we will have a better idea by the end of this year. 

22 hours ago, MagicFanDan said:

Longterm I think we are looking at a core rotation of:

3 man guard rotation of Fultz, Suggs and Cole. 

3 man forward rotation of Franz, JI and Chuma. (If Issac can’t get healthy use a future pick and/or FA on his replacement). 

Center Rotation of WCJ and this years draft pick (hopefully Duran). 

Yes that means, Bamba and Harris walk in free agency. I also think we trade Ross for 2 seconds before the deadline. 

So you think RJ is not in the long term plans. Please explain. 

Franz Wagner is going to be the steal of the draft. This kid just knows how to play on both sides of the ball. Now if JI can come back and stay healthy we are going to be a very good defensive team. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fan for too long 2 said:

So you think RJ is not in the long term plans. Please explain. 

I do not see RH as more than a 10th-11th man (slightly outside the standard rotation). 

Simply Fultz, Cole and Suggs are more talented in my opinion. 

44 minutes ago, TrueMagicFanSince1987 said:

Franz Wagner is going to be the steal of the draft. This kid just knows how to play on both sides of the ball. Now if JI can come back and stay healthy we are going to be a very good defensive team. 

Agreed. JI and Franz together could be y good defensively.