All Eyes On Me

2021-2022 Orlando Magic Season Thread… Let’s Goo!!!

I liked the trade at the time solely because we were finally picking a direction. I wouldn’t say they got fleeced but it definitely seems we got the better end of the deal. I do feel for Vuc though as it looks like Chicago decided to go a completely different direction this off season. A low usage center who is there purely to rebound/ defend would fit much better with how that team is currently constructed. 

3 hours ago, King Close said:

I liked the trade at the time solely because we were finally picking a direction. I wouldn’t say they got fleeced but it definitely seems we got the better end of the deal. I do feel for Vuc though as it looks like Chicago decided to go a completely different direction this off season. A low usage center who is there purely to rebound/ defend would fit much better with how that team is currently constructed. 

They are 7-3 so hard to feel too sorry for him

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

4 hours ago, JJZFL said:

They are 7-3 so hard to feel too sorry for him

With Wendell their record would be 9-1.

I am sort of nervous when Fultz and JI come back, I know we have not been winning but man the games have been fun to watch. What is going to happen to Coles season unless he moves to the 2 and Suggs to the bench. Will the Mo and WCJ dream be over when JI returns and plays the 4? 

1 hour ago, s1n1st3r12 said:

I am sort of nervous when Fultz and JI come back, I know we have not been winning but man the games have been fun to watch. What is going to happen to Coles season unless he moves to the 2 and Suggs to the bench. Will the Mo and WCJ dream be over when JI returns and plays the 4? 

I think you can't bench Cole at this point without hurting his feelings and thoughts on being on the Magic long term. I would allow for continue to start while he's on this hot streak. If he starts to fall off towards his average, you then convince him to be a 6th man spark. I think at this point, our rotation is:

Starting Guards: Cole / Fultz
4 Minutes - Period End: Jalen / Fultz
2nd Period Start - 7 minutes: Jalen / Cole
7 minutes - Period End: Cole / Fultz

Something along those lines for our guard rotation. Maybe throw in Ross, but the core guard rotation will likely try to have one of Fultz / Cole at all times to handle the ball as Jalen tries to improve his handles, unless they want to take the Oladipo approach (which I wouldn't be opposed to - Suggs has vision as a former QB but lacks ball control presently, which should come with time). 

9 minutes ago, TreyMachine said:

I think you can't bench Cole at this point without hurting his feelings and thoughts on being on the Magic long term. I would allow for continue to start while he's on this hot streak. If he starts to fall off towards his average, you then convince him to be a 6th man spark. I think at this point, our rotation is:

Starting Guards: Cole / Fultz
4 Minutes - Period End: Jalen / Fultz
2nd Period Start - 7 minutes: Jalen / Cole
7 minutes - Period End: Cole / Fultz

Something along those lines for our guard rotation. Maybe throw in Ross, but the core guard rotation will likely try to have one of Fultz / Cole at all times to handle the ball as Jalen tries to improve his handles, unless they want to take the Oladipo approach (which I wouldn't be opposed to - Suggs has vision as a former QB but lacks ball control presently, which should come with time). 

Longterm I think we are looking at a core rotation of:

3 man guard rotation of Fultz, Suggs and Cole. 

3 man forward rotation of Franz, JI and Chuma. (If Issac can’t get healthy use a future pick and/or FA on his replacement). 

Center Rotation of WCJ and this years draft pick (hopefully Duran). 

Yes that means, Bamba and Harris walk in free agency. I also think we trade Ross for 2 seconds before the deadline. 

4 hours ago, Babir_9 said:

With Wendell their record would be 9-1.

We can speculate about that, but in reality they traded him because they weren’t winning with him.  

1 hour ago, Eskobar said:

I mean, what do you want? Winning or "fun" losses?

You learn more from a loss than a win imo and I understand winning also brings that culture but I would rather the future guys learn this baby steps before leaps

8 hours ago, s1n1st3r12 said:

You learn more from a loss than a win imo and I understand winning also brings that culture but I would rather the future guys learn this baby steps before leaps

I think we’ve seen that losing reinforces losing and that without drafting a superstar, which is very rare event, it’s a hard pattern to break out of.  I hope we continue to win as many games as possible to help this team develop winning habits and a winning mentality.  

• Upvote 1

I have a question that is specifically about sundays game - when cole drove to the rim and then got called for a technical (i think it was the 4th quarter) I was at the game and they didnt show a replay. Did he get fouled? It was tough to tell in person - from my seat i thought there was contact.