All Eyes On Me

2021-2022 Orlando Magic Season Thread… Let’s Goo!!!

21 minutes ago, J-Mac said:

I honestly don’t know where the Ross heat is coming from, man is seeing a double team every time off screens which I’ve seen usually help kick start our offense, and shout out to Ross for passing to the rolling big or kicking it to the open guy in the wing/corner. Last yr Ross would just usually force the shot no matter what

I posted last week that i was at the game and saw quite the opposite from the accusations that keep flying here.  The man was engaged, coaching the rooks along and playing for the team. And I agree, a much more all around player, rather than bombing from 3 all the time.

Now is it time for him to go?  Maybe, his time line does not match and if we can get decent return. But from what I have seen, not because he is a bad influence.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, J-Mac said:

I honestly don’t know where the Ross heat is coming from, man is seeing a double team every time off screens which I’ve seen usually help kick start our offense, and shout out to Ross for passing to the rolling big or kicking it to the open guy in the wing/corner. Last yr Ross would just usually force the shot no matter what

50 minutes ago, harryfromphilly said:

I posted last week that i was at the game and saw quite the opposite from the accusations that keep flying here.  The man was engaged, coaching the rooks along and playing for the team. And I agree, a much more all around player, rather than bombing from 3 all the time.

Now is it time for him to go?  Maybe, his time line does not match and if we can get decent return. But from what I have seen, not because he is a bad influence.

There is some justification to it. Don't get me wrong, a lot of posters on here just make hot takes immediately after one game while emotions are high from a win or loss. He's coming in with the second unit that due to injuries is terrible. Mo Wagner, Iggy and Lopez shouldn't really see any playing time other than trash time which has meant our second unit has been awful with those 3 seeing minutes.

He's been fine over 8 games on the offensive end, 3P attempts and FG attempts are both down compared to the last 2 years with both %'s slightly up and from watching games his shot selection seems better (he's not chucking) and you can see he is actively talking to the young guys when on court but on defence he's definitely had a significant drop off. Rebounding and steals have dropped and the effort on that end when watching games doesn't seem great. But yeah, he's nowhere as bad as what people have made him to be.

2 hours ago, J-Mac said:

He's playing no defense. At all. The eye test shows he's getting beat off the dribble and leaving shooters open while ball watching consistently and the stats back it up. (Small sample size disclaimer) Our starting lineup has a DRTG of 91, replace Franz for Ross and the same lineup has a DRTG of 112.5. 

The biggest issues with Ross, especially with the eye test, is he’s being significantly outplayed by the rookie that he is backing up, and he is playing with a lot less effort than pretty much everyone else on the team who are playing with their hair on fire

3 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

He's playing no defense. At all. The eye test shows he's getting beat off the dribble and leaving shooters open while ball watching consistently and the stats back it up. (Small sample size disclaimer) Our starting lineup has a DRTG of 91, replace Franz for Ross and the same lineup has a DRTG of 112.5. 

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yeuv8ttt

We can move G Harris and Ross for Kyrie... I think they might be willing. I know he's a point guard and they both are SG but we are playing suggs and cole together, i'm sure we can slot Kyrie in. Also he will be able to play all games with us at home and away.

3 minutes ago, Natesroom said:

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yeuv8ttt

We can move G Harris and Ross for Kyrie... I think they might be willing. I know he's a point guard and they both are SG but we are playing suggs and cole together, i'm sure we can slot Kyrie in. Also he will be able to play all games with us at home and away.

It's a bold move, but absolutely NO. I expect it would take one or two of our young guns, and a couple of future picks to even start the discussion. Giving up any of our young guys/draft picks for Kyrie, who is an arrogant head-case, and would almost definitely NOT re-sign here, means giving up your future on a one or two year rental - if he even plays at all. What makes you think he wouldn't follow through on his threat to retire if traded? He's already shown he is willing to sit out and lose money if he doesn't get his way. Do we really want that messing up our team chemistry?!?

• Upvote 1

Lol... I dont think we'd have to give any additional assets and i wouldn't be for it if we had to... Basically its straight up salary matching and dumping two people who could perform to a higher level on another team and give some bench depth to an aspiring championship team,  and kyrie with his personal preferences of body autonomy would be paired up with JI who also has similar circumstances and would be free to play and basically show up NY and their stupid rules and possibly exploding here in Orlando. Pairing Kyrie and Cole would be phenomenal as Cole would benefit tremendously from the double team they would try and throw and throw at Kyrie while our two bigs would have space to breath. Help defense to stop penetration by kyrie opens up our two bigs underneath.

I actually think its a win win for both teams. Whats funny is our team basically would have PG/SG and PF/C with no real SF unless your slotting Franz or Chuma there.

• Like 1

Today marks the first of 5 straight on our home floor. If Fultz, Isaac, or both are coming back any time soon I’d think it’d happen on this home stand. JI is almost 15 months post surgery!

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Today marks the first of 5 straight on our home floor. If Fultz, Isaac, or both are coming back any time soon I’d think it’d happen on this home stand. JI is almost 15 months post surgery!

I think it is weird that a professional bball player rehabs for 15 months, it usually is a lot faster

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, alwaystragic said:

people asking to trade for simmons or irving are not really Magic fans

Those 2 are worthless to us right now, let alone the compensation + locker room presence they will destroy

I wasnt asking for a trade, i was presenting a way in which we could drop ross and harris (two anchors) for an actual proven All star that might be able to be gotten on a fire sale. Simmons has some downsides that wouldnt help our squad. 

Kyrie would actually fit in. It was a suggestion for discussion as opposed to a real life push to get it to happen.

40 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

28 minutes ago, alwaystragic said:

I think it is weird that a professional bball player rehabs for 15 months, it usually is a lot faster

I'm wondering if it has anything to do with his vaccine stance - whether his ability to rehab was adversely affected by limitations on his access to facilities/rehab coach due to his non-vaccinated status?