All Eyes On Me

2021-2022 Orlando Magic Season Thread… Let’s Goo!!!

1 hour ago, CTMagicUK said:

Ross' defense is disastrous and his offense is inconsistent at best so far. Will we be able to get anything for him at this rate?

There were a time in which he was on fire and in the discussion for 6th man of the year... we missed that moment in which his value was high, and unfortunately, he doesn't seem the kind of good veteran that leads the youngsters either. Could be a bad example instead, and that's even worst. It's a shame cause I've really liked him and he had the potential to be a difference maker.

At this point, the best we’re getting for Ross is a heavily protected pick. Probably top 20 protection, which if I’ve learned anything from WeltHam, we won’t actually use to draft a player 

44 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

At this point, the best we’re getting for Ross is a heavily protected pick. Probably top 20 protection, which if I’ve learned anything from WeltHam, we won’t actually use to draft a player 

I doubt you would get a first for Ross even with protections. I think the FO would have already taken that. Probably get a couple of 2nds at best.

Entering a make-or-break fourth season, Bamba had to hone in on his three-point shooting, foul awareness and ability to finish around the basket as a significantly-gifted big to go alongside his proven value of rebounding and defensive versatility. So far, the results have been very promising.

Bamba is averaging 13.1 points, 9.0 rebounds, 2.4 assists, 1.9 threes and 1.9 blocks in 32.0 minutes per game. Those numbers don’t exactly jump off the page at first glance, but from where Bamba first began, it’s a bigger step than the baby ones experienced previously.

Bamba’s effective field goal percentage has jumped from 51.8% to 61.3%, including finishing a career-best 76% around the rim, per Cleaning The Glass. The biggest encouragements have been Bamba’s excellent three-point efficiency (44.8% on 4.1 attempts) paired with his dip in fouls (2.6). Only two bigs so far in the 2021-22 season have shot above 40% on threes and have added 1.5 blocks per game: Karl-Anthony Towns and Bamba. That’s excellent company for the 23-year-old to be in, and it again proves the point that sometimes these bigs just take longer than expected to reach an intriguing baseline performance level.

Sure, it’s a small sample size of 224 minutes in the Magic’s first seven games of the season, but Bamba is out to prove his worth not only to Orlando but other teams who could potentially be circling his name as a restricted free agent option. Imagine the possibilities for Bamba if he were to land in an even bigger high-usage situation with an organization like the Oklahoma City Thunder or San Antonio Spurs. It's an intriguing thought exercise, especially with someone who has the rare physical gifts like he does.

If this continues, Orlando will be more than comfortable coughing up a good chunk of change to the uniquely skilled 7-footer.

Now, it’s time to see whether Bamba can maintain this level of production or if more growing pains ensue.

https://www.basketballnews.com/stories/is-mo-bamba-stabilizing-into-a-longterm-piece-for-the-magic

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, s1n1st3r12 said:

Would you ever look at offloading Ross for a couple of Vet's to teach the young guys? 

I would of course, but I can’t see anyone sending us 2 guys who would be anything more than locker room/practice mentors for him at this point. 

I honestly don’t know where the Ross heat is coming from, man is seeing a double team every time off screens which I’ve seen usually help kick start our offense, and shout out to Ross for passing to the rolling big or kicking it to the open guy in the wing/corner. Last yr Ross would just usually force the shot no matter what

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1