All Eyes On Me

2021-2022 Orlando Magic Season Thread… Let’s Goo!!!

On 10/21/2021 at 7:54 AM, Mauro Pedrosa said:

Charlotte fans were complaining about the same thing. And you guys in the US get screwed with all the blackouts. It’s hard not to join the dark side

Yeah, it’s terrible everywhere. I pay for league pass and espn+ so I have full access to all NBA and all NHL except for the Nuggets and Avalanche that play 10 minutes from my house. Infuriating. Also have YouTube TV which of course the regional broadcaster won’t sign on with because they are terrified of cord cutting. Seems like the only way to cord cut and get regional teams is “Directv Stream” which hardly count as cord cutting, but it’ll at least allow you to watch the games. At least those are the legal options.. as a mod, I probably shouldn’t mention the illegal ones… lol

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Sounds like all the guys that missed game 1 our still out tonight (seriously, why do we even bother paying a training staff when a 23 year old misses a month with a bruise)………

I was thinking the same thing.  Odd, isn’t it?   Probably more to the story, I guess.  

Terrence Ross is a player many executives around the league believe will be traded. The prevailing thinking is he’ll be traded to a playoff team that can utilize his scoring off the bench and athleticism.

“He’ll be moved,” as one NBA executive told HoopsHype confidently. “They were trying to move him at the draft. They wanted to put him in a place where he could win. I think he’s worth a couple of second-round picks.”

According to another executive who spoke with HoopsHype, Orlando previously hoped to acquire at least one first-round pick in trade discussions for Ross last season.

https://hoopshype.com/lists/nba-trade-candidates/

pulling for the Torch to get and stay lit up until the trade deadline to increase his trade value

• Upvote 1

I hope we come out with some more fight this game. Franz has looked really composed and doing all the right things especially for a rookie if his shot keeps falling he's gonna be special. Suggs will get there. I was surprised by his playmaker ability. 

1 hour ago, FanSinceTmac said:

I hope we come out with some more fight this game. Franz has looked really composed and doing all the right things especially for a rookie if his shot keeps falling he's gonna be special. Suggs will get there. I was surprised by his playmaker ability. 

Amen, brother.  Let’s see if they can at least be competitive.  

i gotta say wagner (f) looked lost and out of his league in SL... looked better on D in Pre, butsince the start of the season has looked like he might actually shine in these 3 games.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, A Better DJ & Photographer said:

I like the comment I saw before from a Warriors fan on reddit telling our fan base that Mulder turns into Curry "when your teams either up by 25 or down by 25" and is pretty average the rest of the time lol

1 hour ago, South_Aussie_Magic said:

I like the comment I saw before from a Warriors fan on reddit telling our fan base that Mulder turns into Curry "when your teams either up by 25 or down by 25" and is pretty average the rest of the time lol

Average would be good for us in a lot of situations!

• Like 1

What do you guys think about future decisions about our bigs? Will we be able to keep both bamba & wcj? if we had to choose between one of them, who would you choose? I am guessing wcj, but not sure giving that bamba is finally performing well since the end of last season

4 minutes ago, alwaystragic said:

What do you guys think about future decisions about our bigs? Will we be able to keep both bamba & wcj? if we had to choose between one of them, who would you choose? I am guessing wcj, but not sure giving that bamba is finally performing well since the end of last season

I think financially, seeing as we have WCJ signed, Isaac signed and Franz and Chuma on rookie deals ... we should have no issue keeping all of them so long as Bamba and the team can and do have an agreement in place. Should be a couple of years and will mean someone up front would have to break out big time to have to make us sweat on that right now.

I'm mostly worried that there will just be enough tiny improvements across the board for us to get locked into a mediocrity cycle like last time. Hope someone has by the end of the year firmly established themselves as a franchise guy or we position ourselves to draft one failing that

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, South_Aussie_Magic said:

I think financially, seeing as we have WCJ signed, Isaac signed and Franz and Chuma on rookie deals ... we should have no issue keeping all of them so long as Bamba and the team can and do have an agreement in place. Should be a couple of years and will mean someone up front would have to break out big time to have to make us sweat on that right now.

I'm mostly worried that there will just be enough tiny improvements across the board for us to get locked into a mediocrity cycle like last time. Hope someone has by the end of the year firmly established themselves as a franchise guy or we position ourselves to draft one failing that

of all the pieces we have right now, I think Okeke and Isaac would have the better odds of becoming that