All Eyes On Me

2021-2022 Orlando Magic Season Thread… Let’s Goo!!!

Wow, what is Philly doing at this point? They really messed up by throwing him under the bus after playoffs and not trading him while offers were high. The longer this drama goes on the more likely they are taking .25 cents on the dollar. Apparently they just turned down a offer centered around Lavert and Brogdon. I don't know why the Pacers would offer both, but Morey's stupid if they turned that down.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/32430529/philadelphia-76ers-suspend-ben-simmons-their-season-opener

4 hours ago, Natesroom said:

i read this note in OMD article

The late-season meme du jour was a photo of Okeke wearing gaudy sunglasses from the SEC Tournament while he was at Auburn. The Magic’s social media team began putting those sunglasses on other players — Okeke said he does not know where the sunglasses are now, getting a chuckle when asked about it at media day.

Anyone know what glasses they are talking about?

Just wanting to keep asking this as i have no clue what they are referring to.

15 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

Just been spending some time away in the off-season. Will be back spamming this board with stuff when the season starts.

Thanks though!

Giddey looks real good from the limited stuff I've seen. If nothing else OKC should be fun to watch this year.

How strange... I am REALLY cheap and do not have a subscription either.

But yes Chuma is one of the 5, along with Darius Garland, OG Anunoby, Robert Williams III, Talen Horton-Tucker - I think Zach just likes interesting names sometimes.

Okeke sat out what would have been his rookie season recovering from knee surgery. He spent time with the Magic's G League team, leaving him a somewhat shy mystery.

"He barely talked to anyone that year," says Evan Fournier, now with the New York Knicks.

Fournier's trade to the Boston Celtics was one of three deadline moves that signaled a new teardown -- the rebuild of the rebuild in Orlando's endless post-Dwight Howard nightmare -- transforming Okeke in a blink from unknown kiddo to one of Orlando's longest-tenured players. "It's weird everyone is gone," Okeke says. "But next man up."

Orlando is well-stocked with guards and bigs -- especially once Jonathan Isaac reclaims his starting power forward spot. Okeke and Franz Wagner loom as the essential bridge between those groups -- the extra-large, 3-and-D wing who can do a little of everything on offense and switch across all five positions on defense.

Okeke spent most of last season at power forward, which made things easier for him on offense. Toggling to the wing shouldn't impact him on defense, but he'll have to navigate tighter confines on the other end.

Okeke spends a lot of time spotting up -- in the corners and along the wing. He hit 35% from deep on decent volume -- encouraging, even if defenders ignored him to clog the paint. Down the stretch, he dared to hoist against strong contests and dabbled in off-the-bounce 3s -- though he hit just 4-of-26 on those.

The Magic are confident Okeke's shot will come. That could empower his catch-and-go driving game, since defenders would close out harder -- easy prey for dustings. Okeke is not a blow-away athlete. He does not have a killer first step. Optimists see Okeke as Orlando's Mikal Bridges on defense, but he has not yet shown the same nimble feet and preternatural instincts.

But Okeke is a smart, well-rounded player with feel. If he knifes into the lane, he makes the right play. Okeke lets some driving opportunities slip away by pausing on the catch -- allowing the defense to reset. "I need to make quicker decisions," he says.

Guys - I live in Orlando but really don’t want to overpay for Spectrum. We have Sling but can’t get the Magic game on Sling. 

what’s the best way y’all recommend watching the games? I really don’t want to have for another d*** subscription lol

12 hours ago, TreyMachine said:

Guys - I live in Orlando but really don’t want to overpay for Spectrum. We have Sling but can’t get the Magic game on Sling. 

what’s the best way y’all recommend watching the games? I really don’t want to have for another d*** subscription lol

Charlotte fans were complaining about the same thing. And you guys in the US get screwed with all the blackouts. It’s hard not to join the dark side

22 hours ago, TreyMachine said:

I am switching between Sling and Direct TV Stream.. Direct TV stream only during the season since they are the only streaming service that has Bally Sports.

20 minutes ago, Murphy13 said:

How are we feeling about vs. Knicks tonight?

Sounds like all the guys that missed game 1 our still out tonight (seriously, why do we even bother paying a training staff when a 23 year old misses a month with a bruise), so still way too many weird lineups and too much Iggy to predict a win. I do expect us to be much better on our home floor in general this year though, young teams usually are.

Also wouldn’t put it past Fournier to score 40 tonight