All Eyes On Me

2021-2022 Orlando Magic Season Thread… Let’s Goo!!!

3 hours ago, South_Aussie_Magic said:

Been a bit since CT posted here, hope he's okay given how well Giddey seems to be acclimating to the NBA game. Have to be happy for the local kid

Just been spending some time away in the off-season. Will be back spamming this board with stuff when the season starts.

Thanks though!

Giddey looks real good from the limited stuff I've seen. If nothing else OKC should be fun to watch this year.

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, TreyMachine said:

Can someone quote the article for those of us who are cheap and don’t have an ESPN+ Subscription? 

Seconded. Are any of the five players on the Magic?

2 hours ago, JJZFL said:

Seconded. Are any of the five players on the Magic?

Chuma is on it. I read it last night on the other forums, basically saying chuma is solid at everything and Coach Mose has been quoted saying he’s gonna be utilized more. If I remember I’ll copy the article over here when I get home tonight. 

15 minutes ago, King Close said:

Chuma is on it. I read it last night on the other forums, basically saying chuma is solid at everything and Coach Mose has been quoted saying he’s gonna be utilized more. If I remember I’ll copy the article over here when I get home tonight. 

Thank you.  I think we may have a forum policy about premium articles.  The mods will have to help me out here.  If I recall correctly, you can’t copy the whole thing, but can provide the gist of the article with some quotes.  

i read this note in OMD article

The late-season meme du jour was a photo of Okeke wearing gaudy sunglasses from the SEC Tournament while he was at Auburn. The Magic’s social media team began putting those sunglasses on other players — Okeke said he does not know where the sunglasses are now, getting a chuckle when asked about it at media day.

Anyone know what glasses they are talking about?

I don't understand why the Magic aren't getting even a little more love from the national media - yes, we are very young; yes, we have had a lot of injury issues; and yes, we have another new coach; but come on, 29 out of 30? Really? If a couple of our young players take even moderate steps forward, we should be at least mediocre. I'm not predicting playoffs, but I don't think we will be bottom 5 or 6 in the league either. I think we have already seen some positive progression over last season from both WCJ and Bamba, and some indications that Hampton and Anthony may be levelling up as well. Throw in Suggs, get back at least two of Fultz, Okeke, and Isaac healthy, and you may actually have something. I can see enough potential to justify moving us up to the low twenties, anyway. I guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens. I am a little concerned with our depth at the SF, as most of our wings are more SG mold, but hopefully Okeke can get healthy and provide some time there. 

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/32399420/nba-preview-2021-22-power-rankings-projections-breakout-stars-storylines-all-30-teams

2 hours ago, jmmagicfan said:

I don't understand why the Magic aren't getting even a little more love from the national media - yes, we are very young; yes, we have had a lot of injury issues; and yes, we have another new coach; but come on, 29 out of 30? Really? If a couple of our young players take even moderate steps forward, we should be at least mediocre. I'm not predicting playoffs, but I don't think we will be bottom 5 or 6 in the league either. I think we have already seen some positive progression over last season from both WCJ and Bamba, and some indications that Hampton and Anthony may be levelling up as well. Throw in Suggs, get back at least two of Fultz, Okeke, and Isaac healthy, and you may actually have something. I can see enough potential to justify moving us up to the low twenties, anyway. I guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens. I am a little concerned with our depth at the SF, as most of our wings are more SG mold, but hopefully Okeke can get healthy and provide some time there. 

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/32399420/nba-preview-2021-22-power-rankings-projections-breakout-stars-storylines-all-30-teams

I think we will be bottom five, possibly the very bottom (this will make our tankers happy). What I’m looking for is if the guys show improvement, play hard every night, and play for each other instead of just for themselves.  There is no one on this team, with the possible exception of Suggs, an unproven rookie, to ignite any media interest at this point.  Maybe that will change during the season but it’s a long shot.