All Eyes On Me

2021-2022 Orlando Magic Season Thread… Let’s Goo!!!

2 hours ago, All Eyes On Me said:

That’s a super affordable deal. Wow. Probably not the greatest sign for Mo, but we shall see

Great deal!!! Even if Bamba turns into a stud and turns the corner than we have WCJ as very attractive trade asset. Mo is going to have significantly step up his game this year to beat him out.

5 hours ago, All Eyes On Me said:

That’s a super affordable deal. Wow. Probably not the greatest sign for Mo, but we shall see

Love it!!!

SO MUCH NEW

The Magic return only 45% of their scoring from last season, when they needed 28 players and had a franchise-record 32 starting lineups in 72 games — after using 26 different lineups in the previous two seasons combined.

SO MUCH YOUTH

About half of the players on the roster will be 24 or younger when the season starts, with four players — Cole Anthony, R.J. Hampton, Jalen Suggs and Franz Wagner — all either 20 or 21. Combined, everyone on the Magic training camp roster had scored a total of 35,909 points in their NBA careers. That’s only 542 points more than LeBron James has scored in his career.

SO MUCH STRUGGLE

No team in the NBA has a worse combined record over the last 10 seasons than Orlando, which has posted a .369 winning percentage in that span. Sacramento (.383) is next on that list, followed by Minnesota (.384). But in perhaps a sign of hope, the next two worst records over the last decade belong to Phoenix (.404) and New York (.405); the Suns went to the NBA Finals last season and the Knicks made the playoffs.

ONE OF FIVE

Mosley is one of five coaches who has never been the boss at the NBA level before, joining Boston’s Ime Udoka, New Orleans’ Willie Green, Portland’s Chauncey Billups and Washington’s Wes Unseld Jr. Of those five, he and Unseld are the only two who also never played in the NBA.

THE SCHEDULE

A five-week stretch from Nov. 15 through Dec. 22 looks arduous for Orlando, with 15 out of 20 games on the road and the first five of those all against playoff teams from last season — including two in a row at NBA champion Milwaukee. The Magic visit the Bucks Nov. 20 and 22, then play host to the champs Dec. 28 and 30. The last stretch of the season is favorable, with 11 of Orlando’s final 15 games scheduled to be at home.

https://www.basketballnews.com/breakingnews/jamahl-mosley-plan-for-orlando-magic-ring-the-bell-then-win-games

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Luke_FfS said:

We finally can sign Exum a lot of years after... and for free this time! :P

Never wanted him. I was team Aaron Gordon all the way with Smart being my second choice. In the end neither have been perfect but they are both good players who were used poorly by each franchise. Smart just got to be part of a winning team but i still think his undefined role held him back a bit. 

Some fun facts from that draft. Obviously Jokic is the best player from that draft, second round pick,MVP and has almost double the Win Shares Embiid has. Gordon is a little low at about 24 win shares, same as Kyle Anderson the 30th pick. He missed a ton of games, but has never really developed offensively. Randle and Grant are 2 power forwards drafted afterwards that recently passed him by and look to be evolving every year. Elfrid had about 15 win shares, which shows he can't be a total bust but never played winning Basketball. He just gets counting stats.

Clint Cappella is the big surprise at a whopping 44 win shares he is next in line after Jokic. Good to great production and was part of winning teams most of the decade.

Biggest surprise is maybe Dwight Powell, a steady if unspectacular player who was always healthy until recently at 30 win shares. Lavine and Warren are interesting study cases. Both were a little disapointing and suffered injuries but have evolved to be good players and Warren actually has more Win shares despite hardly playing the last two years except in the bubble. 

It's a great day to be a Magic Fan! I know we're probably gonna be terrible and have a lot of growing pains for awhile, but I'm more excited for this squad then I have been about any team since Dwight left. We have so many young guys that could level up

• Like 1