All Eyes On Me

2021-2022 Orlando Magic Season Thread… Let’s Goo!!!

4 hours ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

Even Ibaka Gordon at 5+4 was a huge missed opportunity. We haven't had daring coaches but hopefully Mosley is different. Even trying Bamba and Carter together can be seen as a sign of good things to come

In fairness, with Okeke and Isaac out, there isn’t much to choose from unless he’s willing to play 4 guards and one big.  

9 hours ago, FanSinceTmac said:

Four centers? Does Lowe watch the Magic or not? At best we have 3 centers. Bamba, WCJ, Rolo. Isaac is not a center. Never has been. May be one day but not today.  Signing Rolo as an insurance policy was smart af. Lowe tell me you don't watch the Magic without saying you don't watch the Magic bud.

Bamba, WCJ, Lopez, M Wagner

1 hour ago, JJZFL said:

In fairness, with Okeke and Isaac out, there isn’t much to choose from unless he’s willing to play 4 guards and one big.  

Part of why I am disappointed we signed Moore instead of bringing back Ennis. We needed another SF much more than we needed another guard.

14 minutes ago, jmmagicfan said:

Part of why I am disappointed we signed Moore instead of bringing back Ennis. We needed another SF much more than we needed another guard.

There are certainly reasonable questions about balance on this team.  I guess we’ll start to see how it plays out next week.

22 minutes ago, JJZFL said:

There are certainly reasonable questions about balance on this team.  I guess we’ll start to see how it plays out next week.

Yes it will - also interesting to see who we use the second 2-way spot on. We already have 15 regular roster spots and one 2-way taken, so that is all that is left.

Suggs/Fultz/Anthony

Harris/Hampton/Moore/MCW

Ross/F Wagner/Brazdeikis (2W)

Okeke/Isaac/M Wagner

WCJ/Bamba/Lopez

I can't see us using a 2-way on another guard, but three of our training camp guys are guards - Cannady, Dowtin, and Gravett. We signed/waived two centers, and the only forward, Schofield didn't really get any play in the pre-season. 

3 minutes ago, jmmagicfan said:

Yes it will - also interesting to see who we use the second 2-way spot on. We already have 15 regular roster spots and one 2-way taken, so that is all that is left.

Suggs/Fultz/Anthony

Harris/Hampton/Moore/MCW

Okeke/Isaac/M Wagner

WCJ/Bamba/Lopez

I can't see us using a 2-way on another guard, but three of our training camp guys are guards - Cannady, Dowtin, and Gravett. We signed/waived two centers, and the only forward, Schofield didn't really get any play in the pre-season. 

Can both Wagner’s play the 4 or only the older one?

43 minutes ago, JJZFL said:

Can both Wagner’s play the 4 or only the older one?

I think they both can play it in certain situations - Franz is 6'9" and a bit more athletic, he's more of a 3(4); Moe is 6'11" and is more of a 5(4). Currently, Moe is a bit better a 3-pt shooter and player, in my opinion; but I think Franz is a better defender, and has more upside once he gets acclimated to the speed/athleticism of the pro game and it slows down for him. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, jmmagicfan said:

Suggs/Fultz/Anthony

Harris/Hampton/Moore/MCW

Okeke/Isaac/M Wagner

WCJ/Bamba/Lopez

Once Fultz is back I don’t see Suggs starting at the 1. He will most likely slide over to the 2 which suits his game a lot better right now. His handle isn’t as tight as it should be for a PG and he has trouble getting by defenders consistently when they start to pressure him. Fultz is a much more natural play maker and Suggs looks more comfortable off the ball at this point in time. 

Just saw that we have waived Cannady, and signed BJ Johnson to a "training camp contract"?!? Not sure how that works when we've already finished our pre-season games, but as a sweet-shooting, lefty, SF, I like the fit better. This may just be a G-League team building move, but we will see. 

Can anybody tell me where I can find one of those pocket sized foldable calendars for the 2021/2022 season?  I wanted to make a refrigerator magnet so I'll always know when the next game is.

Thank You!

1 hour ago, All Eyes On Me said:

That’s a super affordable deal. Wow. Probably not the greatest sign for Mo, but we shall see

If Mo brings the same energy and defensive presence in the paint that he showed in preseason I wouldn’t hesitate to resign him as well. Both can stretch the floor and are still young enough to develop their games and compliment one another when playing on the court together.