All Eyes On Me

2021-2022 Orlando Magic Season Thread… Let’s Goo!!!

1 hour ago, A Better DJ & Photographer said:

Definitely a glass half empty guy, aren't ya'?

I’m hoping for the best but I don’t think you can read as much into preseason as people are trying to do.  

7 hours ago, JJZFL said:

I’m hoping for the best but I don’t think you can read as much into preseason as people are trying to do.  

As long as we are playing hard and playing the right way, I’ll be good. It’s clear that our guys are really raw, but it’s refreshing to see Suggs and others diving for balls and fighting for the success of their teammates.

5 hours ago, Soul Bro said:

As long as we are playing hard and playing the right way, I’ll be good. 

Completely agree.  The challenge will be to maintain that if we are losing most of our games.  Aside from a drop in morale, players in that circumstance sometimes start to focus more on how they can stand out individually.  Not saying that will happen this time with a different cast of characters but it did happen to us in the past.  

On 10/11/2021 at 6:31 PM, JJZFL said:

We should not read too much into preseason games that teams may not be trying very hard to win.  Who did San Antonio have in the game during the 4th quarter?

Lets regroup and decide how we look after 5-10 regular season games.  As long as we’re playing hard, playing as a team, and hopefully not getting blown out often, I’ll be satisfied.  

Same thinking you got to Love what you saw from our team against Boston... We only lost because we turned the game over to our G League guys.

5 minutes ago, Natesroom said:

any idea why no starters in the 4th?

I have a feeling that management wanted a good look at Gravett and Dowtin for that second 2-way contract; and they didn't want anyone else starting the season injured. Also, no Suggs tonight - out with non-Covid illness. 

Cole Anthony has so much confidence in his shot despite it rarely going down the hole. It's absolutely incredible that he just keeps passing up open guys to shoot more when he's consistently shooting <40%. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1