All Eyes On Me

2021-2022 Orlando Magic Season Thread… Let’s Goo!!!

2 hours ago, Jay Magic said:

Very poor performance tonight. 

The soone we are at full strength the better

Rookies definitely had some rookie nights.

Also, I've been looking at box scores for nearly 3/4 of my life now and it just seems like the rotations for preseason are the longest they've ever been. Without any semblance of the regular rotation looking at preseason box scores for me has never felt more depressing or pointless. Unfortunately I am at work during most games and can't watch. Hooray.

36 minutes ago, Babir_9 said:

F Wagner vs Pelicans 

0p,0r,2a,1s,0b, 0/4 FG (-24 +/-) in 20:42

Yeah he isn’t looking very good right now. He’s too weak to play with these grown men. He always gets cut off on his drives and out muscled by any defender that gets physical with him. He’s definitely going to be a project and I wouldn’t expect much from him this season. Let him get a full year of strength and conditioning at the NBA level and things will get easier for him and hopefully the game slows down for him as well. His shot is nonexistent right now and he’s not getting to the rim to draw fouls and shoot free throws to gain that in game confidence. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Babir_9 said:

F Wagner vs Pelicans 

0p,0r,2a,1s,0b, 0/4 FG (-24 +/-) in 20:42

hahahhahahh

Meanwhile, Scottie Barnes and a few other rookies are looking good as hell. I might have to cry myself to sleep for a few years

3 hours ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

hahahhahahh

Meanwhile, Scottie Barnes and a few other rookies are looking good as hell. I might have to cry myself to sleep for a few years

In fairness, we weren’t getting both Barnes and Suggs.  However, there have been a number of alternatives to Wagner who were drafted later on who’ve been discussed.  I guess time will tell.  

1 hour ago, JJZFL said:

In fairness, we weren’t getting both Barnes and Suggs.  However, there have been a number of alternatives to Wagner who were drafted later on who’ve been discussed.  I guess time will tell.  

I was a little puzzled by the Franz pick because he's relatively similar to Chuma and Isaac. We also have other offensively challenged players like Fultz so I don't know why we didn't go for a pure shooter / scorer. We never seem to...

1 hour ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

I was a little puzzled by the Franz pick because he's relatively similar to Chuma and Isaac. We also have other offensively challenged players like Fultz so I don't know why we didn't go for a pure shooter / scorer. We never seem to...

I think Franz is gonna be good MP. 

1 hour ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

It was definitely a hotly discussed topic.  I would not have been upset with going for the best shooter either.  

2 hours ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

There are certain guys you need on a championship winning team. You certainly need an alpha scorer, but you also need guys surrounding those one or two scorers who can make the right decision, play great team defense, and make open shots. Franz is that type of guy. We have to remember he’s still super young, as well as really lean, and perhaps without a killer mentality, it will take him a little while to gain confidence in his game.  

he showed in college he has a lot of the head game and feel for the NBA. Give the guy more than two preseason games to adjust.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

22 hours ago, TreyMachine said:

There are certain guys you need on a championship winning team. You certainly need an alpha scorer, but you also need guys surrounding those one or two scorers who can make the right decision, play great team defense, and make open shots. Franz is that type of guy. We have to remember he’s still super young, as well as really lean, and perhaps without a killer mentality, it will take him a little while to gain confidence in his game.  

he showed in college he has a lot of the head game and feel for the NBA. Give the guy more than two preseason games to adjust.

Yes, we have so many potential superstars, alpha dogs, that we can use number 8 pick for a guy who might be a good role player in a couple of years…