All Eyes On Me

2021-2022 Orlando Magic Season Thread… Let’s Goo!!!

I'm not worried about it. In fact i think it will only help him in the future. I'm like all the other people on this thread, more worried about his handles. It's the confidence and transition that is killing him at the moment. If he was all we had then yeah it might doom him. The pressure will be off once Fultz and McW get back and hopefully Cole remains healthy. Wait until the second half of the season folks.

1 hour ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Paaaaiinn… this is what happens when you ask rookie point guards to come in and play a ton right off the bat. I’m still optimistic for Suggs’ future but there will be growing pains, and this chart shows that he has been as bad as he’s looked.

No, it's what happens when people do charts on ridiculously small sample sizes.

• Upvote 1

One thing I will give Suggs is his court vision and passing ability. If we had better shooters he would easily lead rookies in assist. I see the Jason Kidd comp and like Suggs Kidds shot wasn’t really there in the beginning of his career 

2 hours ago, crisby pancakes said:

No, it's what happens when people do charts on ridiculously small sample sizes.

I think small sample sizes and Jalen Suggs being bad thus far can both be true, no? Those charts can be deceiving of course because the minutes he’s been playing compared to other rookies have given him more opportunities to be bad. I really hope we get Markelle back soon to help ease some of the early load on this kid

17 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

I think small sample sizes and Jalen Suggs being bad thus far can both be true, no? Those charts can be deceiving of course because the minutes he’s been playing compared to other rookies have given him more opportunities to be bad. I really hope we get Markelle back soon to help ease some of the early load on this kid

Suggs has been bad on the offensive end, those random 3 point shots at the top of the key he took 6 seconds into the clock last night were especially poor.

However, he's a plus on defence - we are better when he is in the starting lineup and significantly worse when he is out of it. There are two players that have been shocking and they're Harris and Ross. Just pull up the teams raptor stats and you can see for yourself. https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/nba-player-ratings/

4 hours ago, crisby pancakes said:

Returns say Dec but I highly doubt we'll see either this year.

If that’s true they might as well retire Isaac 

9 hours ago, JJZFL said:

If that’s true they might as well retire Isaac 

He's definitely had an additional injury to the ACL. ACL surgery and recovery is a standard 9 months in pro sports with the doctors they use. You could add in another 3 months of rehab if recovery is slow but anything after that leads to question marks on what's actually gone on. He's also about to lose 2.5 million due to the clause in his contract on the amount of games he needs to play per season so I doubt it's the FO being cautious as he would be forcing their hand to play if he was fine. He's clearly had some other injury on top imo.

1 hour ago, crisby pancakes said:

He's definitely had an additional injury to the ACL. ACL surgery and recovery is a standard 9 months in pro sports with the doctors they use. You could add in another 3 months of rehab if recovery is slow but anything after that leads to question marks on what's actually gone on. He's also about to lose 2.5 million due to the clause in his contract on the amount of games he needs to play per season so I doubt it's the FO being cautious as he would be forcing their hand to play if he was fine. He's clearly had some other injury on top imo.

Sounds plausible.   We know he was doing “on-court” work as long ago as July.  Did something go wrong or put up warning signals when they tried to progress his rehab?   

I guess I don’t really understand the need for all this secrecy.  This is not a national security matter.  Giving us real updates on Isaac won’t help our competitors in any way. What’s the point??