Sign in to follow this  
CTMagicUK

2021 NBA Summer League Thread

1 hour ago, TreyMachine said:

We had limited practice together, so I get that we wouldn’t know how to play together well. With that being said, I’m with those concerned both about Cole/RJ’s ability to assess the game as it comes to them. 

But even more so, they’re playing the antithesis of Mosley ball with only 7 assists with 2 minutes left in the game. That’s coaching - not just players. That’s 100% coaching. 

+1 from me, I have expressed the same concern.

1 hour ago, JJZFL said:

Given that this is summer league, you would think the coach would really have free reign to bench whoever he wants and give playing time to whoever he wants.  The fact that he's just allowing the same guys to play the same bad way 3 games in a row is cause for concern to me.  Seems too laid back, almost like Jacque Vaughn.  

Players coaches are great. The Doc Rivers and Monty Williams of the world get a lot out of their players and are really beloved by their guys. But be too friendly, and not know how to really challenge these men, is exactly like Jacque Vaughn and other inexperienced assists who build relationship through positive training snd white board sessions - but don’t have to command the ship when things go sour and don’t know what to do when that inevitably happens. 

I’m not panicking. It’s the Summer League. Mosley will have more time to build a more full team identity and culture with defensive schemes and whatnot. He sounds like a smart basketball mind - I’m just curious to know if he’ll be able to handle the egos and create a cohesive chemistry, especially one that doesn’t sour as we inevitably drop a few games in a row. 

3 hours ago, VoiceofReason said:

Who puts this team together.....This is Embarassing. Bigs that can't defend, guards that can't initiate an offense, and pathetic shooting.  It seems the teams we play don't have a problem putting points on the board.

3 hours ago, VoiceofReason said:

We should honestly just forfeit game 4.  This group is seriously flawed.  Nothing to gain from watching these guys struggle so bad.  I'm jealous watching so many 3's dropping against us.  Perhaps one day we too will draft someone with the ability to put the ball in the hoop.

Is this your first summer league? Lmao

2 hours ago, og magic fan said:

Who actually on here lives in Orlando?  

I really don't see what relevance this has to anything? 

We all watch the games. 

1 hour ago, CTMagicUK said:

That game was bad but the way people are talking about it you'd have thought Summer League actually meant something.

It does! A Summer League win and a dollar gets you a cup of coffee on the senior menu at Denny's.

I still remain very confused with Amar Sylla playing only 5 minutes last night and zero minutes previously. Maybe he's just been terrible in practice? Because it seems to me that a 6'9, long, athletic shot blocker type is something this SL squad desperately needs.

Can't imagine his agent will be super happy if he travels half way across the world and barely features.