Sign in to follow this  
CTMagicUK

2021 NBA Summer League Thread

That half ended ugly. You can tell Suggs started trying to play hero ball because the man very clearly HATES losing and by doing so, started making poor basketball decisions. Better him figure out this now rather than during the NBA season. 

RJ and Cole keep pre-making up their minds whether they’re wanting to score driving or giving what the defense gives them. RJ especially. 

Wagner plays smart on both sides of the ball but is getting blown by more than he should on defense. Definitely very concerning for a guy we drafted for his great defense. 

Cole Anthony still doesn’t get it. I’m scared this is going to carry over to the season because he’s playing exactly like he did starting his rookie year. He looks completely lost and outmatched out there. 

6 minutes ago, TrueMagicFanSince1987 said:

Cole Anthony still doesn’t get it. I’m scared this is going to carry over to the season because he’s playing exactly like he did starting his rookie year. He looks completely lost and outmatched out there. 

RJ is worse. It’s a worry they don’t even look like rotation guys 

3 minutes ago, harley said:

RJ is worse. It’s a worry they don’t even look like rotation guys 

And this is the problem with many people assuming our young and athletic players will become stars over time, just because they’re young and athletic (and somewhat charismatic).  I’m not watching the game but am a little alarmed that the coach hasn’t been getting them to play better team ball (based on what I’m reading)

Just now, Natesroom said:

feels like a regular season game at the end of last year...lol! 3QC

Just turned it on. Pathetic, isn’t it.  

Magic with 7 assists, Celtics with 21.  It’s never to early to teach your players to play team basketball, especially your young players.  Unless we want a team of ball hogs looking to “get theirs” because they don’t have any confidence in their teammates.